3d models not updating

jib

When I update my model, export it and replace the .edm file in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\Terrain\Structures\High\EDM

it doesn't update the 3d model in the game.

I have to rename the .edm file and update the db_units_ground.lua , db_precountries.lua and StructTable.sht with the updated name before the new model will show in game.

Why is this?

Is there a model cache somewhere I need to flush somewhere to update the file?

Here is the model i'm working on, its an Afghan compound to use when the Nevada terrain comes out to simulate missions in Afghan mountains.

attachment.php?attachmentid=72465&stc=1&d=1351290654

I have done the collision model, textures still need a lot of work and the damage model should be fun to make.

Screen_121026_231028.thumb.jpg.1b1c3265b56a1ea6f8ca004ed60b41c6.jpg

Edited by jib

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

Interesting... I'm not sure why that's happening. Your description is a little confusing though... are you saying you're replacing an EDM in the Structures folder but not seeing the new one? Sounds to me like the simple answer is that you didn't replace the correct EDM, or you need to update the .lods file for that EDM if it exists.

There is no cache, by the way.

There is a directory that takes priority in certain situations with ground builds. This exact reference is from BS2 standalone install and is most likely identical in DCS:W but have not checked because it is not on my computer. Many ground structures are located at: \Bazar\Terrain\Structures\High\EDM however, placing a file into \Bazar\World\Shapes will take priority over the previous location. Put your model into this second location and let me know if it works right away.

Also, in 3ds max change your reflection value to 0 in the material editor. It will remove the shiny reflective gloss you have

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

Also, in 3ds max change your reflection value to 0 in the material editor. It will remove the shiny reflective gloss you have

Thanks for that.

took me a little while to find it. if anyone else wants to it is here:

attachment.php?attachmentid=72608&stc=1&d=1351640742

about the model not updating, I am using the proper mod folder way of doing it now that aaron886 showed me so it is not an issuse: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=96165

Reflection.thumb.jpg.cca706f6dc0075cbb812693d8ee18f19.jpg

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

You do not need the checkbox, just set it to 0. Anything you dont need, set to 0.

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo