Hardware Code??

spn

Thank you for replying. I know that when running DCS programs, your system looks for a specific hardware code with each DCS software. I have a situation now that I have all of the products for DCS and even other ones pre-DCS going back to Lock on and one of the DCS programs, (A-10C Warthog), I can not find it listed under my signon (spn).

When I started investigating, I found that I had two other accounts listed on your system (spnn and spn1) that I didn't know anything about. I have tryed all of the instructions to try and get the A-10C linked with my "spn" signon but without success. I can signon to the SPNN account but their are no programs linked to the account that I can see. I can not sign on to the SPN1 account and have tryed to get a new password reset so I can see what is linked to that account. I can not get the password changed. Most of this is in ticket #16860.

I am considering formatting my harddrive and starting from a clean PC but I do not know if this will just make things worse. I would even purchase a second version of DCS-A-10C Warthog if I knew that it would resolve the problems I am having (Can not get onto the DCS Server, and DCS A-10C not showing up under my "spn" signon).

If I format my harddrive and start over from scratch, will this possibly link everything back into the proper order or do I have to purchase another copy of A-10C Warthog while using the "spn" sign on to get this straightened out??

The reason I am asking how to find the hardware code for my PC is that I do not know how DCS links to the hardware code or where it is getting the hardware code from and I have a PC which is running two harddrives and two operating systems. On harddrive is running Windows XP 32 bit and the second harddrive is running Windows 7 64 bit. The PC itself is 64 bit hardware. About a year or so back, I moved the A-10-C Warthog from the XP 32 bit harddrive to the Windows 7 64 bit drive because it would not run smoothly on 32 bit structure. At that time I de-activated the A-10C Warthog and removed all of the registry entries from my registry and did a clean install of A-10C. I think this is where I caused some of the problems I am having now but I do not know how to get it straightened out. Is the hardware code seen on the harddrive or the motherboard??

I am just looking for a possible solution. Any information or help would be appreciated.

Mr. Sobek, then basically, it's possible that I started the issues that I have now by deleting the registry data out and moving from my 32 bit XP OS to my 64 bit Windows 7 OS?? Is this where my problem is? Do I need to purchase another copy of DCS A-10C Warthog to get everything linked to my "spn" signon?? I'll do whatever is needed.

I have 1 PC that is 64 bit hardware. When I first purchased that PC, I had Windows XP 32 OS installed because all of my programs except for DCS A-10C Warthog were 32 bit programs.

When I tried to run the A-10C under XP 32 bit OS, I was constantly getting lockups. I knew that DCS A-10C was designed for 64 Bit OS so I purchased a second harddrive and installed Windows 7 64 bit OS on the same PC. Then I de-activated the DCS A-10C program that was on the XP 32 bit OS, purged the registry data for this program and re-installed it onto the Windows 7 OS drive. I did notice that when A-10C was on the XP OS, there were two licence listings showing in the registry for DCS A-10C Warthog. License 0 and License 1. After I moved from the Windows XP 32 bit OS drive to the Windows 7 64 bit OS drive, after re-install and activation, I looked at the registry data and then I only had 1 license data listed under the A-10C registy information.

I do not know if this is where my problems started with not seeing the A-10C Warthog showing under my "purchases" when signed on as "spn" or not. I can not recall. I also did not attempt to get onto the DCS server at that time because I did not know enough about A-10C to get in with other people on the server. I did not feel comfortable enough and did not want to mess other people up.

I just know now that the DCS A-10C Warthog does not show up in my "purchases" when I am signed on as "spn". This is the only signon I use and was aware of until recently. The issue with not being able to get on to the DCS Server I just tested recently. When I attempt to sign on to the server, the message I get back is "Invalid Serial Number". Not knowing what the DCS server is looking for, I am thinking that the server will not let me on because when I attempt to log onto the DCS server, it is not seeing the DCS A-10C Warthog program listed under my "spn" account. This is why I was trying to understand where the DCS server is getting the hardware code from.

Does this help?

None of the stuff you do with the registry or whatever should affect the payments section on this site. You can not purge your payment information from the database. Did you follow the instructions that tell you where to look in the case that the serial does not show up under payments?

Btw. Why did you opt to buy from different accounts? The page states explicitly that all products should be bought from one account.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

None of the stuff you do with the registry or whatever should affect the payments section on this site. You can not purge your payment information from the database. Did you follow the instructions that tell you where to look in the case that the serial does not show up under payments?

Btw. Why did you opt to buy from different accounts? The page states explicitly that all products should be bought from one account.

I didn't realize I had purchased anything under a differant account other than "spn". I always have signed onto DCS as "spn".

There are 3 accounts that I am told that have my email address listed in them. The account I use is "spn". There is an "spnn" which I think was created out of a typo error and the "spn1" was when DCS combined some servers together. I have never been able to log onto this account and see what is listed under the "payments" section nor can I get a new password sent to me so I can not do anything with this account.

I had 3 tickets going at one time before combining them into one ticket, 16860. If you look at the previous tickets, you will see that I attempted everything that I was asked to do. I don't think I can resolve this from my end. The DCS purchases that show up when I signon as "spn" are, DCS Blackshark 2, DCS p-51 Mustang and DCS Combined Arms. Thats all

I had 3 tickets going at one time before combining them into one ticket, 16860. If you look at the previous tickets, you will see that I attempted everything that I was asked to do. I don't think I can resolve this from my end. The DCS purchases that show up when I signon as "spn" are, DCS Blackshark 2, DCS p-51 Mustang and DCS Combined Arms. Thats all

I'm sorry, i can't access the official support channels.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

spn, as you have been informed, the "spnn" account does contain purchases - specifically FC2 purchases. It is therefore irrelevant to DCS World, but merging the account is still a good idea.

Regarding the spn1 account, it's automatic merger most likely failed because it either had a different mail or had a different password. A difference in either of these would cause merger to be impossible, wherefore one was renamed into spn1 with that additional 1.

If you are unable to manually get the password renewal, then this is information customer support needs to get. At present you have not stated anything in your ticket that causes customer support to have anything to do. Do you want the account(s) merged? Do you simply want manual password retrieval?

In the specific instance of account spn1, it was on a different e-mail than account spn. Thus, when attempting password retrieval through the system for account spn1, did you make sure to check any other e-mail adresses you have or might have had in the past? Because if you checked the same e-mail as is associated to account spn after being informed that it is not on that mail, clearly this will fail.

We cannot help through looking at a ticket if you do not indicate what, exactly, it is you want to be done to the relevant accounts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

spn, as you have been informed, the "spnn" account does contain purchases - specifically FC2 purchases. It is therefore irrelevant to DCS World, but merging the account is still a good idea.

Regarding the spn1 account, it's automatic merger most likely failed because it either had a different mail or had a different password. A difference in either of these would cause merger to be impossible, wherefore one was renamed into spn1 with that additional 1.

If you are unable to manually get the password renewal, then this is information customer support needs to get. At present you have not stated anything in your ticket that causes customer support to have anything to do. Do you want the account(s) merged? Do you simply want manual password retrieval?

In the specific instance of account spn1, it was on a different e-mail than account spn. Thus, when attempting password retrieval through the system for account spn1, did you make sure to check any other e-mail adresses you have or might have had in the past? Because if you checked the same e-mail as is associated to account spn after being informed that it is not on that mail, clearly this will fail.

We cannot help through looking at a ticket if you do not indicate what, exactly, it is you want to be done to the relevant accounts.

There is really no reason to go postal. Not knowing your systems, if merging my primary account "spn" with "spnn" is what is best, then lets merge the two accounts just as long as I don't loose any purchased accounts.

As far as the "spn1" account is concerned, I didn't create this account. You know that this was automatically generated when DCS merged servers. If you look at Ticket 17028, you will see that I have opened a ticket concerning the inability to get a password for this account. Since I didn't create "spn1", how am I to know what email address is this account. I wouldn't know this until I can access the account.

A I stated to Mr. Sobek, if I need to purchase another DCS A-10C Warthog license to get things straightened out, then just tell me, I'll be glad to.

Please review Ticket #16860, I think it plainly states what the issues are.

Thank You!

Edited by spn
Ticket #16860

As far as the "spn1" account is concerned, I didn't create this account. You know that this was automatically generated when DCS merged servers. If you look at Ticket 17028, you will see that I have opened a ticket concerning the inability to get a password for this account. Since I didn't create "spn1", how am I to know what email address is this account. I wouldn't know this until I can access the account.

Actually, yes, you did create the spn1 account. As Andrei told you in your ticket number 16860, at the December 24th 2010 database merger, you had two accounts, both named "spn", one on each site. However, since they were registered to different e-mail adresses, they could not be merged. Therefore one of them was renamed from "spn" to "spn1".

So yes, it is your account and you created it.

Please review Ticket #16860, I think it plainly states what the issues are.

That is the thing: it states the problem clearly, and Andrei explained the nature of your account spread. However, you, in your reply, did not specify what you want him to do about this. Do you want to recover the spn1 account as a separate account or do you want your accounts merged? He cannot do either without explicit an request from you.

Personally I would suggest requesting merger of all accounts into one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Actually, yes, you did create the spn1 account. As Andrei told you in your ticket number 16860, at the December 24th 2010 database merger, you had two accounts, both named "spn", one on each site. However, since they were registered to different e-mail adresses, they could not be merged. Therefore one of them was renamed from "spn" to "spn1".

So yes, it is your account and you created it.

That is the thing: it states the problem clearly, and Andrei explained the nature of your account spread. However, you, in your reply, did not specify what you want him to do about this. Do you want to recover the spn1 account as a separate account or do you want your accounts merged? He cannot do either without explicit an request from you.

Personally I would suggest requesting merger of all accounts into one.

The merging of the 3 servers was what I thought created the spn1. I have had the current email address since June 2008. I had to cancel the previous email address when I moved because my previous internet provider was not available at my new location. I don't understand how could I have created an account "spn1" with an invalid email address??

You have basically stated what I have been attempting to do. All that I am attempting to do is end up with 1 account with everthing in that one account without loosing anything.

You tell me what is the easist resolution to this mixup. Can you merge "spn1" and "spnn" into my current account "spn" account or do we need to merge everything into "spn1"?? If possible, I have all my accounts outside of "DCS" as an "spn" account.

At this point, I will go with any resolution that we need to do to end this. Your assistance is appreciated. I can't resolve this on my side.

Please let me know which direction we need to go.

Thank You!

spn

I don't understand how could I have created an account "spn1" with an invalid email address??

I don't know that either. I just know what is already stated in 16860 and your previous tickets. In there, Andrei explains that during the database merger they were unable to merge the two accounts because they were registered to different e-mail adresses.

Note that if they had been on the same e-mail adress, you would have received an automated question regarding whether you want the accounts merged a couple months back, via e-mail.

You have basically stated what I have been attempting to do. All that I am attempting to do is end up with 1 account with everthing in that one account without loosing anything.

You have, however, not been very clear about your wish. That is the cause for delay - imagine what would happen if account manipulations were to take place on a misunderstanding; this would be potentially catastrophic.

If you want the accounts merged, simply state so in the ticket.

If you simply want it's e-mail changed such that you can access it normally, state that in the ticket.

Andrei will then query you for any information he needs towards verifying that the relevant account is indeed yours.

You tell me what is the easist resolution to this mixup. Can you merge "spn1" and "spnn" into my current account "spn" account or do we need to merge everything into "spn1"?? If possible, I have all my accounts outside of "DCS" as an "spn" account.

Any account can be merged into any other account, this is just a question of verifying that the the owner is the same. I cannot do this, this needs to be done through the ticket system with an explicit request.

At this point, I will go with any resolution that we need to do to end this. Your assistance is appreciated. I can't resolve this on my side.

All you need to do is be explicit about what you want. Your latest update to the ticket on the 16th did, unfortunately, only repeat information already given in the original ticket entry, thus not giving any guidance on what you want done.

The nature of the problem is clear, but what you want done about it isn't. As I'm sure you understand, moving accounts around isn't something that can be done without proper checks and explicit requests, since a mistake in identification would risk other customers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I don't know that either. I just know what is already stated in 16860 and your previous tickets. In there, Andrei explains that during the database merger they were unable to merge the two accounts because they were registered to different e-mail adresses.

Note that if they had been on the same e-mail adress, you would have received an automated question regarding whether you want the accounts merged a couple months back, via e-mail.

You have, however, not been very clear about your wish. That is the cause for delay - imagine what would happen if account manipulations were to take place on a misunderstanding; this would be potentially catastrophic.

If you want the accounts merged, simply state so in the ticket.

If you simply want it's e-mail changed such that you can access it normally, state that in the ticket.

Andrei will then query you for any information he needs towards verifying that the relevant account is indeed yours.

Any account can be merged into any other account, this is just a question of verifying that the the owner is the same. I cannot do this, this needs to be done through the ticket system with an explicit request.

All you need to do is be explicit about what you want. Your latest update to the ticket on the 16th did, unfortunately, only repeat information already given in the original ticket entry, thus not giving any guidance on what you want done.

The nature of the problem is clear, but what you want done about it isn't. As I'm sure you understand, moving accounts around isn't something that can be done without proper checks and explicit requests, since a mistake in identification would risk other customers.

I have posted a ticket (#17063) requesting that accounts "spn1" and "spnn" be combined into my current account of "spn". This account has the only active email address I have had since 2008 (porter246@roadrunner.com). I do want to know what the email address is in the "spn1" account which was generated during the merger of your databases in Dec 2010.

The combining of these accounts will not cause me to loose any purchased products or data connected with the products, is this correct??

I can't help but feel that by combining these accounts will eleminate the issues I currently have with my "spn" account.

EtherealN, I was trying to get information concerning the hardware code for a reason.

With the DCS products relying on both correct serial numbers along with correct hardware codes, what will happen if a person suddenly looses their PC say through a power surge and has to purchase a new computer. PC is fried. What happens when all of the DCS products are installed on a new computer but now there is a new hardware code showing up? Will the DCS system allow the activation and running of the programs on the new PC?

Thanks

spn

Edited by spn
email address spn1

There was no need for yet another ticket, best would have been to just add this information to 16860, but ah well. I'll send a note to Andrei that he can link the two.

If you want more information on the spn1 account, that is, again, something you have to request in the ticket (and you have not requested this). As I am sure you can understand, I cannot publish customer information in public here. Just ask for it in one of your many tickets; becomes easier for support to help you if they don't have to constantly guess what it is you want. :)

I can't help but feel that by combining these accounts will eleminate the issues I currently have with my "spn" account.

As I have indicated for quite a while already, before you started digging into hardware codes and such red herrings. ;)

Regarding hardware codes: nothing has changed. This is not new. It does not "rely" on "correct hardware code". The only thing that happens if you need to install on a new computer for any reason is that you have installed on a new computer and thus used an activation. You have quite a few of them, and if you were to ever use up the last one you will automatically get it back anyhow.

I suggest reading the included quickstart manual before spending hours trying to find information that is explained in there. This same information is also contained in the A-10C FAQ, which you can find through my signature.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

There was no need for yet another ticket, best would have been to just add this information to 16860, but ah well. I'll send a note to Andrei that he can link the two.

If you want more information on the spn1 account, that is, again, something you have to request in the ticket (and you have not requested this). As I am sure you can understand, I cannot publish customer information in public here. Just ask for it in one of your many tickets; becomes easier for support to help you if they don't have to constantly guess what it is you want. :)

As I have indicated for quite a while already, before you started digging into hardware codes and such red herrings. ;)

Regarding hardware codes: nothing has changed. This is not new. It does not "rely" on "correct hardware code". The only thing that happens if you need to install on a new computer for any reason is that you have installed on a new computer and thus used an activation. You have quite a few of them, and if you were to ever use up the last one you will automatically get it back anyhow.

I suggest reading the included quickstart manual before spending hours trying to find information that is explained in there. This same information is also contained in the A-10C FAQ, which you can find through my signature.

How do you add information going into an existing ticket without it going in as an answer. I if attempt to add information to ticket #18680, the message box is labeled "ANSWER"?? I only have two existing tickets open.

Edited by spn
number of tickets

Well, that is what your answer in this case is - the answer you give to the information given to you by Andrei is "ah, okey, please merge the accounts for me".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Might as well explain to you what the Hardware code is and why it is used:

The protection system has no rights on your computer, and therefore uses what is called a "hash" of the hardware idenitity to identify the computer. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_code )

When determining whether a new activation is required or not, it will compare the hash code that was included in the latest activation with one of the present. If they are identical or indicate only limited hardware difference (for example, changing RAM or GPU us not enough to cause a new activation to be needed, but reinstalling Windows is), then the system will simply consider the product activated and do nothing more.

If the difference in the present hardware hash is greater than a certain amount (see Quickstart Manual in your installation), the system will consider the computer to not be the one where it is already activated and will then prompt you to activate.

That's all there is to it.

The only case where you need to handle the harwdware hash manually is if you are unable to activate via the internet, in which case you can ask the protection system to show you the hardware hash, and then use a different - connected - computer to supply the license key and hardware code, receiving vias e-mail a "response code" (the exact name escapes me at the moment, this is all in the Quickstart Manual however) that you can input into the protection system on the non-connected computer.

Further information is available on the site FAQ here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/faq/activate/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Well, that is what your answer in this case is - the answer you give to the information given to you by Andrei is "ah, okey, please merge the accounts for me".

I wasn't referring to replying back to Ticket 16860 as if I received a reply from customer service. How do I add additional informations to that ticket itself since there is not an "edit" function? Do I just send the new request throught as an answer and CS will pickup on the new information?

I wasn't referring to replying back to Ticket 16860 as if I received a reply from customer service. How do I add additional informations to that ticket itself since there is not an "edit" function? Do I just send the new request throught as an answer and CS will pickup on the new information?

Yes, just use the answer box provided.

You've already used this facility, for example in 16578. Filling that input box and sending it simply appends one more message to your ticket, as with 16578.

The problem with sending in yet another new ticket on the same issue is that staff then will not have the previous exchange easily accessible (I did send in a note on your ticket linking it to the old one though), which may delay the actioning of this request since you might get questions on the new ticket that you have already answered elsewhere (support staff handle hundreds of tickets each day, so remembering which ones relates to which others is a futile task, you'd need RainMan for that).

Anyway, for now, keep it as is. I sent a note regarding the linked status of the tickets so hopefully there should be no confusion.

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester