3 Partys and DCS World

Rikus

I see lot of stuff about 3 partys.

Lot of planes for DCS World, but the feeling i have, is that most of them will not be at the high fidelity sim, like BS or A10.

Yes, clickable cockpit, 6 DOF, but at least, i see them more proximity (talking about high fidelity sim) to Flaming Cliffs than to DCS

I have lot of hopes in DCS World when i heard about it, but now, looking to all this 3 Partys, i see is another business...

Greetings

Hi Rikus,

As I understood it, every 3rd party release with the tittle "DCS..." (eg. DCS Mig-21Bis and DCS F-104G) will be of similar fidelity than the DCS A-10 or DCS BS2.

While the other 3rd party releases may have a lower fidelity.

I don't think releases with lower fidelity are that bad. It will attract new costumers which will evenutally switch to DCS aircraft one day.

And I think 3rd party developers will find out pretty soon which level of fidelity is wished by there costumers.

John

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Both IRIS and RAZBAM have stated that they aim for the highest fidelity possible in their Mudhens, so i think that statement is oversimplified.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Until the first module hits the market, all discussion is merely speculation and a way of passing the time with irrelevancies at best.

Bottom-line is that we do not know, irrespective of assurances given, at what fidelity airframes will be modelled to and whether said fidelity/assurances given will measure up to our particular standards we expect, demand and have come to take for granted, thanx to the Kamov, the A-10C and Cy-25T.

The Proof, as they say, is in the Pudding. We are all just going to have to wait until that first bite. After the first mouthful, word is sure to get around and we'll all be in a better position to continue discussions.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Think it's negligent to pass judgement on something not available for proper peer review yet. Why do people think 3rd parties are incapable of maintaining consistent quality control on their add-ons? We have no prior history to come to that conclusion yet. Let things fall where they may and give them some time after it hits the wild to be refined and then pass judgement IMHO. Get back with us 6 months post-release.

One constant on developer forums is unknown translates in to blind conjecture made up to fill the void of detail people hunger for. There is nothing worse than an idle audience waiting for something. It'll thoughtlessly say things to bite the hand that feeds them out of misguided angst.

Edited by BHawthorne

We can put 3 groups 3rd parties:

-3rd Parties center on one or little count high fidelity aircraft. (UH-1H, F-104, Mig-21)

-3rd Parties center on patriot or one branch medium fidelity aircraft (can convert on high fidelity aircraft with time) (VAEO)

-3rd Parties center on great branch low - medium fidelity aircraft (more numbers, more sales) (IRIS, RAZBAM)

There is NO way we at RAZBAM will be anything close to what can be considered "low/medium" fidelty -- at least not for the current line of announced products.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

ok, this was an opinion, not expecting this much upset some. I edit my comment, I apologize all, I will keep my mouth shut and keep me to my own opinions.

I apologize if I came off as upset-- was not my intention :)

I just wanted to clarify the situation on our end; for the sake of all. Obviously the end product will have to speak for itself, as words are just.. words. :)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I agree with the op. I am wary of 3rd party developers, developing for DCS and sticking the DCS name on their products, and as buyer and a connoisseur, I offer no apologies for that. The models look pretty decent so far, but we shall see how real they are when they finally fly. I've come to expect a lot from DCS, now that we have BS2 and A-10c, and I expect NO LESS from the 3rd parties.

Otherwise, what's the point?

Edited by Wolfie

"Isn't this fun!?" - Inglorious Bastards

"I rode a tank, held a general's rank / When the Blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank!" - Stones.

So far all the 3rd Party work I've seen here looks about the same level as the other DCS aircraft they're doing a good job although I think some of them are quite crazy lol......2 F-15Es.:lol:

Its good to be a jet combat sim pilot.:D

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

There is NO way we at RAZBAM will be anything close to what can be considered "low/medium" fidelty -- at least not for the current line of announced products.

Lol, good, were going to hold you to that. ;)

"Isn't this fun!?" - Inglorious Bastards

"I rode a tank, held a general's rank / When the Blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank!" - Stones.

Before people get burned at the stake, lets see what things look like when they get released. After that light the fires if need be.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

:megalol:
:megalol:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: