AutoUpdate Not Working for Me

I had to re-install DCS world today, because my start menu for Eagle Dynamics got messed up after I uninstalled standalone BS2. I had to re-install it to get DCS world to let me use BS2 again. In the process, the AutoUpdate stopped working.

The log shows this "00000.000 INFO : === MiniLog opened UTC 2012-10-27 20:48:26

00000.003 ERROR : Caught an exception: parse_config("E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\autoupdate.cfg"): JSON error: parse error: premature EOF

(right here) ------^

00004.700 INFO : LAUNCH found 1 commands

00004.705 INFO : LAUNCH started "E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin/Launcher.exe"

00004.705 INFO : === MiniLog closed.

Update: I looked in the root directory for DCS World...and found the autoupdate.cfg file...mine was empty. I copied over the file with a recent backup I had stored on an external drive...Now the update works...However, now my BS2 won't work...as part of DCS Modules...even though the correct serial number is shown...and DCS World says my hardware code is wrong...but nothing has changed on my machine....I did send an email to Eagle Dynamics asking for an activation code...don't know why BS2 continues to not work here...all my other mods P51, A10 work in DCS world.

What can I do to fix this?

Edited by lennycutler

Velocity MicroI7-4790 Windows 7 Home Premium 16Gigs RAM EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1070 500GB SSD TM Hotas Warthog

Helps to read the whole thing,lol Sorry that sucks man.

Bullet

I7 4790K running at 4390 with a gigabyte board with 16 gigs of ram with an Asus gtx 660-ti and 2 tb of hard drive space on 2 wd hard drives. A X-65F Hotas with trackir4 and pro combat peddles. A kick butt home built machine unfortunately running a windows 7 OS.

I had to re-install DCS world today, because my start menu for Eagle Dynamics got messed up after I uninstalled standalone BS2. I had to re-install it to get DCS world to let me use BS2 again. In the process, the AutoUpdate stopped working.

The log shows this "00000.000 INFO : === MiniLog opened UTC 2012-10-27 20:48:26

00000.003 ERROR : Caught an exception: parse_config("E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\autoupdate.cfg"): JSON error: parse error: premature EOF

(right here) ------^

00004.700 INFO : LAUNCH found 1 commands

00004.705 INFO : LAUNCH started "E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin/Launcher.exe"

00004.705 INFO : === MiniLog closed.

Update: I looked in the root directory for DCS World...and found the autoupdate.cfg file...mine was empty. I copied over the file with a recent backup I had stored on an external drive...Now the update works...However, now my BS2 won't work...as part of DCS Modules...even though the correct serial number is shown...and DCS World says my hardware code is wrong...but nothing has changed on my machine....I did send an email to Eagle Dynamics asking for an activation code...don't know why BS2 continues to not work here...all my other mods P51, A10 work in DCS world.

What can I do to fix this?

Hi mate,

Same thing happened to me here more or less here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=95911

The answer:

Run this reg key:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/delete_all_activation_data.reg

(original thread here so you know I'm not just posting a dodgy reg key: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94531)

Then,

After you start DCSW again, first time you run any of the sims it will ask you to register each one.

Bare in mind, even if you run BS2 (say for eg) , the first key it'll ask for is the A10 key, then the BS2 key then the P51 key)..

Should be good to go after that