Sooo why so little dcs russian aircraft announcements?

robert123456

Im not complaining or anything, i really like the fact that lots of different aircraft are being modelled with fidelity. Its just seems that there are lots of us aircraft being announced, some european and very little russian which has many interesting and historically important airframes to be modeled.

Currently there are (to say a few examples) f15, f104, f14, a4.... harrier, typhoon,.... and only the mig 21 as a dcs option of a russian fixed wing to come.

I know that no announcement doesnt mean that someone isnt working on one or more, its just that they are the ones i would like to learn the most, with the su27 on top of the list, and see less and less attention to them.

Ok thats all, just wondering if there are some russian birds on the horizon and if there is some reason behind the lack of development or announcements on them.

Edited by robert123456

I don't thinks so. When ED's Flanker got released the jet was pretty much a mystery and soon after that most of the stuff about it was known to everyone who knew where to search. The Migs and Sukhois from LOMAC are pretty much quite old versions of these aircraft and info on them is available.

IMO, it's not lack of info, but marketing. Western jets are better known around the world, and ED seems to be focusing on the western market as well. Another problem might be the AFM. Russian jets have some incredible manoeuvring possibilities that may be hard to simulate properly (remember the scripted cobra from LOMAC? they dumped it in FC2 cause it was unrealistic).

Anyway, as an old Flanker 2.0 pilot I wish this would change.

And isn't that problem of DCSW being on the market too short? I mean, for example MSFS has tons of aircraft, but that series is around for many years. DCSW is not, so give it time. Current "big" developers just simply can't make 10 aircraft per year, so they either get into it in the future or some new developers will appear out and make it.

I agree that as time passes more dev teams or even ed are going to build more. And that somebody is probably thinking of doing or already secretly developing one. Just seems odd the number of recent announcement none are for russian planes except the mig 21.

I think if they can make a realistic enough f15e there wouldnt be a problem for the rest of the russian birds we are expecting. Of course i wouldnt expect a realistic t-50 but there are many old and beatiful examples to do.

Didnt thought about the possible difficulty of making an AFM for these aircraft. That may be one of the reasons.

From a marketing standpoint i could buy at least 10 copies of the next sukhoi or mig release if that helps :lol:

Edited by robert123456

I'd really like to have a Fully 100% Mig-29, and would pay for it.. but I'm more of a ground-pounder, then a dogfigther.

And the russians didn't have any really F-16 style 'all in one' planes. :(

CPU i7-6700K 4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED), HOTAS X52 Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1

Can't give rep here it seems.. will check them all tomorrow! Thanks a lot for the Migs ..:thumbup: the su-27 is almost cheating on an f-15c level :music_whistling:

CPU i7-6700K 4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED), HOTAS X52 Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1

Thanks for the vids, ill watch them in detail later. I dont know why but every time i see a blueish russian cockpit makes me want to fly it. Beatifull vids about the su27, liked the bit i watched when explaining the hotas commands.

And there goes another question, when someone will make a russian hotas :joystick:

Thanks for the vids, ill watch them in detail later. I dont know why but every time i see a blueish russian cockpit makes me want to fly it. Beatifull vids about the su27, liked the bit i watched when explaining the hotas commands.

And there goes another question, when someone will make a russian hotas :joystick:

The Russian blue interior is mannagnet like Luis Vuitton brown canvas interior to women. :D

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

The Russian blue interior is mannagnet like Luis Vuitton brown canvas interior to women. :D

But what does it attract? :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: