Conflicting 3rd Party Modules / Wunderluft

SkateZilla

OK, So I'm working on Several modules, and for the life of me cannot get them all to work at the same time.

All But 1 is based on the Wunderluft Template, and I'm Assuming there is a ID number somewhere that needs to be added or changed?

If I Pull all but one Module Out, that one works, if there is two or more, it loads ground objects, then at 50% loading it boots back to the debrief. OR if it does load everything, I have no Controls from the Joystick and No Keyboard commands work at all. (Except F1-F12).

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Yep that my current problem too, for some reason the F-16 always works even though all the addons derive from the Wunderluft so I assume they all have the same ID or what not...even when I remove all aircraft (including base DCS ones) all addon aircraft except the F-16 do not work...can't figure it out!

The only reason why I think the F-16 always works for one reason or another is because the input is being processed by the AFM where others do not use an AFM

"Witness mere F-14s taking off from adjacent flight decks, gracefully canting left and right, afterburners flaming, and there’s something that sweeps you away—or at least it does me. And no amount of knowledge of the potential abuses of carrier task forces can affect the depth of that feeling. It simply speaks to another part of me. It doesn’t want recriminations or politics. It just wants to fly.”

― Carl Sagan

some work together, but for the most part, they all conflict with each other.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Never seen this, but I don't use any EFM yet. I run multiple modules with no problems, so it can be done I suppose.

Smiley - EFM, not AFM. :)

Yep I know I gotta get that nailed down...EFM = API C-coded flight model dll

"Witness mere F-14s taking off from adjacent flight decks, gracefully canting left and right, afterburners flaming, and there’s something that sweeps you away—or at least it does me. And no amount of knowledge of the potential abuses of carrier task forces can affect the depth of that feeling. It simply speaks to another part of me. It doesn’t want recriminations or politics. It just wants to fly.”

― Carl Sagan

OK so this appears to be a problem that all of you TeamVRC members are having. Either you've got a problem with your group's module(s,) or EFM is interfering.

Im testing more than VRC Modules... Capt. Obvious

Edited by SkateZilla

Im testing more than VRC Modules... Capt. Obvious

Take a pill... I'm trying to help correlate your problems for people who might have a solution but haven't noticed that you're both in the same group. No doubt it's something you both have (not your "other" modules) that is causing the problem. If you want help, just be nice for pete's sake.

which leads me back to they all used the wunderluft template... so.. they must all have a conflicting call somewhere.

The problem persists even without VRC Related modules in my /aircrafts/ folder. So It's a issue with the wunderluft template every one used...

I think I narrowed it down to the "username=" line in the Shape Table Data block, changing this to match Shape Data name or Module name or variations of it results in loss of controls (HOTAS and Keyboard Inputs).

Changing it Back to Wunderluft returns controls.

Edited by SkateZilla

Hm. That is definitely strange, because I use multiple aircraft that more or less derive from the Wunderluft template without error. It's gotta be some silly little error that's easy to miss. I'll take a look at it directly if you'd like, but I'd never presume to ask.

only error in the log is

00066.671 ERROR EDCORE:

can't open MO-file C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\mods\aircrafts\<module>\l10n\en\LC_MESSAGES\messages.mo

hrmmm..

So either the Username is Supposed to be linked to or match another part of the Aircraft={ } Block of the LUA or something is amiss...

Edited by SkateZilla

Anyone, I can pretty much confirm this to be the root of my problem.

is the username = '<entername>' Line in the shape_table_data, supposed to match a name somewhere else or is it supposed to be a certain name?