East Coast members report in.

Cowboy10uk

Hi all, I know many of you are still without power at this time and have more important concerns. However when you get a chance, report in here and let us know that you are all safe.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

heared on the news today morning that sandy has hit the eastcoast by a length of 1100 km which is equal to Germany from North to the south border. More than 6 Million People are without Power at the moment, this is as same as Berlin, Hamburg and Cologne together. The oldest atomic reactor in New York was fortunately shut down before the storm could cause real bad damage. Holy cow, I hope that you guys get through this without too much harm....crossing fingers though

The good news is that the rescue services are getting closer and closer to people who are still cut off and Sandy is getting weaker.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Signing in, appreciate your concern. :)

We're okay here, there's some flooding, about a foot of water in the basement, power is back on this morning, but we're not out of the woods yet, expecting a few more inches of rain. Winds hit 60mph around 10PM but it's much calmer this morning at least.

Just south of my location there's snow, cousins living in Rehoboth are also reporting they are okay.

Good to hear that Invader, and good to hear your family is also safe. Fingers crossed not too much damage done in the basement.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Everything is wet an quiet here. Never lost power, gotta love underground lines. Of course it's going to be a quiet day because the whole area is closed for business.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Stay safe and keep us posted, cichlidfan.

I am south and east of the real messes. It isn't even raining here at the moment.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

All is well here. It was a pretty wild storm, in addition to many windows shattering, a large construction crane snapped at its base and proceeded to hang there blowing in the storm all night!

Took these photos fairly late in the evening, you can appreciate just how much this giant crane was moving! It made the most sickening noise as well:

photo5.jpg

photo4.jpg

I was told today by a cop "It ain't gonna fall anytime soon, so you can expect things to be blocked off for a while" (the street it's on is evacuated and the surrounding streets are not open to pedestrians, except residents)

That's gonna be a hell of a job to deal with!

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

Glad to hear from you all, and great to hear that it wasn't as bad as feared for most of you.

As to the Crane, would love to see how they are going to solve that one. Quite surprised its still up there, thought it would've come down in the winds.

Stay safe guys

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing to report here in Richmond, VA. A much hyped non event. Schools and state offices all closed through today.. We left work about 2 hours early (Suntrust Mortgage HQ) Rain and wind holding @ 20-35 and gusting 45-60 every once in a while. All but gone by 6 this morning. Power never even blinked. Sounds like NYC/ NJ./ CT. area took the main hit.

Edited by S77th-konkussion

Yea, many got it worse than us.

I'm hoping to see the sun one day, it's been a few weeks since I've seen it, gets sort of depressing when that happens. Earliest sunshine isn't until Saturday for us in PA

Only a few weeks, but a few months here in the 'sunny' UK ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was a pretty lucky one where I live. Southern coast of Long Island in Suffolk County. These pictures were taken about 1/2 a mile down the block from me, and the water basically stopped at my driveway. We didn't lose any trees fortunately, but people lost millions on my block. Absolute destruction and will take some time to repair.

I was without power for basically a day and a half, cable is still out (could careless) and a few friends still don't have power nearby. Here's a few pictures, but a lot of the same throughout town. Water, fallen trees, down power lines...

DSCN4853.thumb.jpg.dafe6f37dae19fb682153490ecd44bc7.jpg

DSCN4858.thumb.jpg.e5aa56c6cd7b4519b67f12a0893c0a78.jpg

DSCN4874.thumb.jpg.b146b4b2729e06e22093d46a866082b5.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Old System Specs:

CPU: AMD Pnehom II x6 1090T

MOBO: Asus M4A88TD-V

GPU: EVGA 01G-P3-1371-AR GeForce GTX 460

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

HDD: Hitachi GST Deskstar 7K3000 2TB

PSU: Corsair CMPSU-750TX

Case: Cooler Master HAF 932

Monitor: Gateway FHD2400 24" (1920x1200)

Mouse: Logitech G9x

Extras:

LG WH10LS30 BD Burner

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Sharkoon SR 5.1 Surround Headset

Thrustmaster T1600 Joystick

just got power back on today 11/3/2012, very lucky my areas was spared with the high 80 90mph winds, still many across my state without power, i think many people under estimated the power this storm unleashed.

only damage to my home was when the bathroom window blew in, apart from that

no major damage, few roofing tiles dislodged as well.

will try to post few pics up when i drove around in my car day after the storm.

Storm? What storm??? Seriously though, my area in WV got lucky...some of the eastern parts of the state got blasted with snow. I think the final total as far as power outages was <2000 and AFAIK ZERO deaths...thank God for small miracles. Hope everyone in the hardest hit areas of the coast stays safe and everything starts to get back to something resembling normal soon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not the fall that gets you. It's the Godawful sudden stop at the end.

Storm? What storm??? Seriously though, my area in WV got lucky...some of the eastern parts of the state got blasted with snow. I think the final total as far as power outages was <2000 and AFAIK ZERO deaths...thank God for small miracles. Hope everyone in the hardest hit areas of the coast stays safe and everything starts to get back to something resembling normal soon.

0 deaths?

death toll now at more than 110

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-hurricane-sandy-deaths-climb-20121103,0,6945430.story

feel bad for the families lost everything in this storm.

Edited by diveplane

0 deaths?

death toll now at more than 110

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-hurricane-sandy-deaths-climb-20121103,0,6945430.story

feel bad for the families lost everything in this storm.

I meant those were the numbers in my particular area.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not the fall that gets you. It's the Godawful sudden stop at the end.