Anyone with more than 2 Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs?

Greetings,

I wanted to check and see if anyone is currently utilizing more than 2 Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs. I currently have 4 connected, but there is a problem where while the Windows gaming control panel applet sees all 4 MFDs and I have them assigned as ID1, ID2, ID3 and ID4 respectively and they all function fine there, when I go into Thrustmaster Target, it only shows 2 of them.

And the only way I can have all 4 show up in Thrustmaster Target is to assign two of them to ID1 and two of them to ID2, but then when you go to program them, they would have duplicate assigned keys, which defeats the purpose of having more than two of them.

So the basic problem here is if the MFDs are assigned to anything other than ID1 or ID2, while they will always show up in the Windows gaming control panel applet, they will refuse to show up in Thrustmaster Target.

Has anyone seen this or is this a known problem? It seems everything is fine at a hardware level.

Edited by zcaa0g

It's been a long time since I've messed with TARGET at all, but I do remember this being the case. I had the same sort of issue trying to connect more than one T16000M, as well.

I don't know what you fly or what you're trying to do, but you can always remap the keys for MFD #3 & 4 within the game, and use TARGET to configure #1 & 2 for whatever you need.

Also, keep in mind that there are free programs that can do most if not all that TARGET can, including Helios, PPjoy, Autohotkey, etc.

I see them like you said, two are MFD 2 and one is MFD 1

As long as the ids are set 1-4 with no duplicates, Windows (& DCS) will see them as separate controllers - TARGET will only recognize 1 & 2. It sounds like you've got it - is there something specific that's causing a problem, or something you can't do? LED brightness can be set with a button combo.

As long as the ids are set 1-4 with no duplicates, Windows (& DCS) will see them as separate controllers - TARGET will only recognize 1 & 2. It sounds like you've got it - is there something specific that's causing a problem, or something you can't do? LED brightness can be set with a button combo.

I just wanted to ensure it was a known issue and nothing specific to my configuration. Thanks to all for the confirmation.

I was actually able to get them all to show up within Target with IDs 1, 2, 3 and 4 assigned by manipulating the contents in the following path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\DevCfg

However, while you can assign key commands, the button doesn't show up for the LED control and when you try to process a script, it will bomb. So it looks like the issue is hard-coded in Target.

Oh well. I know DCS will recognize them as separate controllers and this is a DCS forum, but I also use these for several other titles as well, so that is why I was curious. I also have two CH MFPs, so I can work around these issues from a flexibility standpoint.