joystick from russia manufacturer

I have a Galaxy S3 and love that phone, my wife and kids all have iphones and ipods. $500 for a stick and throttle isn't bad. Just think how much money you/we waste on other things. How many people smoke and drink alcohol? I'm sure that a lot of us don't consolidate trips when we drive around when gas cost how much? I don't have a warthog, but they are nice and I have thought about buying one. People are going to spend money on stuff they like.

To the guy looking for a good stick for $100, have you tried Ch Products? You can get a great working HOTAS for about $330, that is a stick, throttle and pedals. The X-65 seems, but the throttle seems like it would be a pita to reach some of the buttons. I wish I could see one in the store and try it out.

pssstt ch........hey you.....................make a F-16 style throttle

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Regarding the 1%. This is for the US but the numbers are still probably a lot higher than you, or the masses, were thinking.

The Times had estimated the threshold for being in the top 1 percent in household income at about $380,000, 7.5 times median household income, using census data from 2008 through 2010. But for net worth, the 1 percent threshold for net worth in the Fed data was nearly $8.4 million, or 69 times the median household’s net holdings of $121,000.

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/17/measuring-the-top-1-by-wealth-not-income/

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Btw, I would love to see your source for the statistic that all Warthog owners are in the top 1% income bracket.

Well, I own a Warthog and I am a firefighter. As such my salary is public and can be looked up by anyone who cares (if anyone from Germany actually does care: A9 in the TVöD table plus some bonuses like hazard pay and shift duty extras). I walk home with just a tad over €2500 a month*. If that puts me in the top 1% income bracket, this country is in dire straits. :D

* Yeah, I´m not exactly in it for the money I guess...

Edited by Cookie

- Two miles of road lead nowhere, two miles of runway lead everywhere -

Click here for system specs

I think a big thing to remember here though is that this company is russian, working mainly on the russian/CIS market. A TM Warthog is a lot harder to get for most people in these countries. Prices are lower on many things (at least those that don't have to be imported, like most HOTAS controllers), but salaries are also lower.

I don't have the numbers on hand, but I wouldn't be surprised if, counted in PPP-adjusted income, it does cost roughly the same to get a HOTAS setup like this as it does for us in "expensive" countries to get a TM Warthog. A big reason why I was able to get the setup I have pretty painlessly is just down to me being born in this country, tbh.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

As others suggest here, the TM warthog is truly a quality piece of equipment which deserves its price tag. BTW...I myself am still a student and I saved up (used some old gift cards) and bought the TM warthog for just about 400$. So you just have to look for a good price and sales when they do happen which is pretty rare. I have used saiteks and even the T16000M and the warthog is leagues ahead of the competition. No wonder its called a replica stick and endorsed by the USAF. BTW...do u realize that the endorsement and even getting permission to replicate the dimensions/design of the warthog HOTAS requires permission and agreements with the USAF and Fairchild? All that costs money as well. Not to mention the metal work required to make the parts, the R&D involved in replicating the pressure/button sensitivity..all that requires money.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

...Prices are lower on many things (at least those that don't have to be imported, like most HOTAS controllers)...

Not realy, the problem is there are no any non-imported good hotases at all. Probably, cobra m5 is the first acceptable non-imported cheap "plugn-n-play without pain in a$$" stick, which can be found in retail store (However, stock 50$ version has its own deseases, and VKB version stick (without throttle) coast like a new x-65).

Prices for other sticks are not really lower. In Moscow WH coast ~ 430-450$(~550$ when released); x52 ~ 145-150$; pro ~ 200$; x65~350$; TIR 5 pro clip ~ 200-210$. Over the county price is even higher due to shippment.

Not realy, the problem is there are no any non-imported good hotases at all. Probably, cobra m5 is the first acceptable non-imported cheap "plugn-n-play without pain in a$$" stick, which can be found in retail store (However, stock 50$ version has its own deseases, and VKB version stick (without throttle) coast like a new x-65).

Prices for other sticks are not really lower. In Moscow WH coast ~ 430-450$(~550$ when released); x52 ~ 145-150$; pro ~ 200$; x65~350$; TIR 5 pro clip ~ 200-210$. Over the county price is even higher due to shippment.

I think my statement came out opposite to how I meant it; I meant that HOTASes are (in general) not cheaper (measured in "real" dollars), whereas many other things (that are produced inside the country) are cheaper in "real" dollars (like food etcetera) but not necessarily cheaper when measured in PPP dollars. (So if we measure in how many hours of work is needed to afford one, it will be more hours in Russia for the HOTAS compared to for example Sweden, but for food and such items it will be the same or similar amount of hours.)

For example, purchasing a Saitek HOTAS costs the same (roughly) there as here, but purchasing clothes and/or food etcetera is cheaper there than here. (Unless you're in an airport, every time I've been in russia it has been a shock to go from the prices in the smaller towns to the prices in the airport while waiting for the plane. Never was able to spend much time in the bigger cities though so not sure how things stack up there.)

Sorry for the confusion, I should have structured that sentence more clearly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Ah, i got it.

Tbh, sometimes it cheaper, sometimes its not. Mostly depends of location. And sometimes (or, its better say - mostly) "local" goods of common usage (means native, not the one produced here by foreign licence) are somethin you wouldn't like to own at all... Like cars for example - same price as ford focus, but still same bucket-quality like 30 years ago.

Edited by ZMEY-HS-

Heh, yeah. And sometimes it's considerably more expensive even in "real" money too. When I was in Sibiria last winter (a couple hours outside Ust-Kut, in Irkutskaja) I found that one of those really small Nescafé cans cost about the same as the biggest ones cost here. O.o But given how remote that place was, I suspect that is a big reason for the price. Most of the other things I bought to cook were cheap. (But I don't know what the local average pay is to know for sure if it was cheap or expensive in PPP.)

Coffee is extremely important for me to be able to get up for work in the morning though, so I didn't dare take my chances with any other coffee.

Do you know if this company has plans for "replica" sticks of some aircraft? I remember seeing pictures of a Flanker replica stick somewhere, but I don't remember if it was something for production or if it was someone that was only modding a stick for themselves. And while I'm trying to learn, my russian is still too bad to make sense of their website very well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Do you know if this company has plans for "replica" sticks of some aircraft? I remember seeing pictures of a Flanker replica stick somewhere, but I don't remember if it was something for production or if it was someone that was only modding a stick for themselves.

If you mean this guy, looks like project is dead. Supposed to be a kit to upgrade any stick for around 100$, but theres no any news any where for about 2 years.

Hm, might have been that one yeah. Ah well, let's hope someone else makes one. I wouldn't mind replacer sticks to the TM Warthog either, since the stick itself is dismountable with a simple PS/2 connector in the stick shaft. Would be pretty coold to be able to plop in a Flanker stick at need there. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

There is stand-alone throttle, designed and developed by the same man, but under different lable, coast around 40$ here. Some shops sells them together as bundle for ~100$.

Wow, this looks really good. I'm looking for decent and cheap throttle for ages. Everything is either too expensive (CH Products) or sold as bundle, but I want throttle only. And new, not used. How is it called? Does he have e-shop? But other thing is availability in Europe.

Wow, this looks really good. I'm looking for decent and cheap throttle for ages. Everything is either too expensive (CH Products) or sold as bundle, but I want throttle only. And new, not used. How is it called? Does he have e-shop? But other thing is availability in Europe.

Its Gametrix ECS, but I doubt it is available in Europe.

Did anyone suggest a CH setup? Maybe more up this guys alley if he wants cheap plastic instead of heavy metal.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826169102

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

If you mean this guy, looks like project is dead. Supposed to be a kit to upgrade any stick for around 100$, but theres no any news any where for about 2 years.

:shocking:

But I think EtherealN meant the Su-27 replica stick from Jon Kurr. Not sure what happened to that but my guess is it would have costed too much to produce.

I know CH products make really good and durable hotas but they are ugly. Also, if I could afford a CH then I might as well buy a Warthog.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

• 4 months later...

where can we find those?

i7 880 | HD 7870 | 8 Gb DDR3 1600 | ECS P55H-A | OCZ Vertex 2 180 | Intel 330 180 | WD 500 AAKS | 2x WD 2T Green | Enermax Liberty 620 | CH Combatstick & Throttle | TrackIR 3 | HP ZR24W | Windows 7 x64

If you can afford $500 for a joystick, believe me, the masses think your well up there. ;).

Ya know Wolfie... I for one honestly don't give a Flying V fork what "the masses" think about what I spend on my hobby. Most of the "masses" you speak of are lazy, whining, babies who think everyone should be able to have the same nice things even if everyone doesn't put forth the same effort to deserve it. The world doesn't work that way. I worked long and hard to get to this point in my life and be able to afford what I want when I want it, If a person can't afford something they want because the perceived cost is too high I have too suggestions...

They can save thier money and buy what they want when they can

or

Buy something else and be happy with it.

And yeah, TM probably doesn't give a shit, though I really don't how their making much money with seemingly stagnant sales.

I'm going to give you a free economics lesson...

Thrustmaster manufactures numerous different product lines...not just the Warthog...you really should check out their website before making claims others might accept as fact. Anyway...this diversity allows them the luxury of marketing their wares at the price of their choosing...500.00 for the warthog in this case...not the price the "masses" feel is fair. They don't have to cut their prices and profit margin on certain products when the market slows down because the other products contribute to the overall health of the company.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Most of the "masses" you speak of are lazy, whining, babies who think everyone should be able to have the same nice things even if everyone doesn't put forth the same effort to deserve it...

You really think the reason you're so much richer than 99% of the worlds population is that you work harder ?

Cheers.

You really think the reason you're so much richer than 99% of the worlds population is that you work harder ?

He should come here and work for 200$ A MONTH, or have no work while he wants to work, like majority of people here do.

I just can't bare with narow minded people... :doh:

There are people who's work is really worth 2000$ but they work for 200$ or less. How about that Mr. Weta43?

I am glad that you are happy in your life, but pi**ing over other people for not being so lucky is just rude.

Edited by Kameni