Intercom Control Panel Relevant?

Steel Jaw

Yes, during rearm and refuel it becomes nessesary to set to INT to communicate with ground crew.

Any other uses? VHF/FM/HF are to be ignored?

Edited by Mower

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Yes, during rearm and refuel it becomes nessesary to set to INT to communicate with ground crew.

This DOES have an effect- but you can also just leave (or put ) your canopy up and communicate with the ground crew through your normal radio command- without having to switch over.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

No you don't, as long as you have the IN and HM knobs pulled you don't have to change the rotary. Well at least not on the real ACFT, I haven't tested this in months guess I need to take a look to make sure they didn't change the logic.

I wouldn't say ignored...I adjust volume using that panel all the time.

Volume for what exactly...you knew I was gonna ask...genuinely curious.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

I have been strungling a bit with the settings needed to control ground crew so sat down and started testing a few days back with as many combinations as possible. The findings are listed in the attached file.

Not relevant means any position.

In short when canopy is open any MIC call on throttle will work.

Once canopy is closed then battery need to be ON, and settings must be according to the listed settings. If in VHF position no coms with ground crews are possible.

I have a few small questions though:

1. What is the fifth position on the Intercoms Control Panel (ICP). I have marked it as "??".

2. AIM does turn off the Sidewinder tone off when pushed in. However in out position the volumen seems to be regulated 0-100% in just turning the knob 20º. Is it suppose to be like this? Volumen control on the ICP for the radios seems to adjust 0-100% in app. 300º.

Cheers

Hans

117564109_Groundcrewcoms.thumb.jpg.ec4b3d6200b930cbbf59adf664c26e58.jpg

Edited by Hansolo
wrong picture

Volume for what exactly...you knew I was gonna ask...genuinely curious.

Most of the navaids (ILS, TACAN, marker) are obnoxiously loud at the default setting, I turn them way down if I'm using them.

For the original question - what's the point of the intercom knob if it has no effect in the real aircraft? Is it just a carryover from the A-10A?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My rig: i7 3770K oc'd to 4.7 GHz | Asus Maximus 5 Extreme mobo | 4 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 | 2 x EVGA GTX 680 in SLI | Asus Xonar Phoebus audio card | OCZ Vertex 4 512 GB SSD

My peripherals: Dell U3011 30" at 2560x1600 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | TrackIR 5 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD 558 | Razer Black Widow | Razer Imperator