Guns cause FPS drop

Ratfink

Same problems here. I stopped playing multiplayer. It's absolutely unplayable like it is now in P-51D.

Also the actual FFB behaviour is crap. I get so much force on the stick in tight turns that i'm not able to controll the plane good enough. I'm not able to turn the FFB off to compensate this.

Very sad...and still no comments from devs about that.

What about your internet connection?

That doesn't matter AT ALL mate ! You get the same slowdown when flying offline !

I get a 50% fps drop from 40 --> 20 fps, unplayable

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Same problems here. I stopped playing multiplayer. It's absolutely unplayable like it is now in P-51D.

Also the actual FFB behaviour is crap. I get so much force on the stick in tight turns that i'm not able to controll the plane good enough. I'm not able to turn the FFB off to compensate this.

Very sad...and still no comments from devs about that.

You know you can adjust the force, right?

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Weird. I run an AMD processor and AMD graphics card and only see a slight performance hit during extended firing.... the gunfire is still an issue but the P-51 runs plenty good to get kills online almost every day. My only gripe is that the studders/lag break immersion. I have tweaked my rig/settings a lot along the way so I'm guessing that helps some.

Any combat failures I experience now are my strictly my fault :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

Weird. I run an AMD processor and AMD graphics card and only see a slight performance hit during extended firing.... the gunfire is still an issue but the P-51 runs plenty good to get kills online almost every day. My only gripe is that the studders/lag break immersion. I have tweaked my rig/settings a lot along the way so I'm guessing that helps some.

Any combat failures I experience now are my strictly my fault :)

Same here Merlin, but it's when other P-51s fire their guns that my fps drops a bunch. If there are two or more other P-51s firing their guns, with bullets ricocheting from the ground, my framerates go through the floor.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

When the servers fps drops low everyone starts to warp around. The fps issue is related to amount of tracer rounds on the screen as if you look away from the shooting the fps suddenly jumps back to normal (at least this is how it works on my computer (2500K & GTX570)).

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

I did the lods file fix on page 4. It didn't help mine at all. I spent a couple hours last night trying various graphics options. Dropping all of my graphics options down to low with no anti-aliasing, no cockpit shadow, no tsaa, no heat blur, etc does nothing but raise my max fps a bit. I still get it to drop into the teens when firing.

You know you can adjust the force, right?

I know gav. I reduced it, i tried to turn it off but nothing happened. Always the same force for me (with my G940).

There is absolutely to much force on the stick in turns. Because this SIM is so sensitive on the stick anyway i constantly overrun the controls if i try to compensate the force in turns.

I think at the moment i could have a big advantage with a stick without FFB!!

@Merlin:

I got under 15fps in multiplayer with other birds shooting. In single player i'm always at 45 to 60fps. That's ok for me.

Because i'm a MP only guy i stopped playing. It is useless at the moment. I hope EDGE will do it better in DCS:WWII otherwise this SIM will be dead very quickly.

30$ for flying through green rings in SP and fighting a godlike AI is a bad joke!!!

Very sad because this SIM is perfect otherwise.:(

• Like 1

I heard from the dev team regarding this issue and this is a limitation of the current engine. Once we move to EDGE with the new effects, the team will be able to resolve this.

Thank you Wags. This is a real problem that infuriates most on dogfight servers. Hopefully the transition to the new engine does not take long. :)

"Screw you guys, i'm going home."

• 4 months later...
I heard from the dev team regarding this issue and this is a limitation of the current engine. Once we move to EDGE with the new effects, the team will be able to resolve this.

thx for the answer, but somehow i dont quite understand this...as it seems, that other objects which fire tracers dont cause such a performance hit...i just watched a vulcan, which has a far higher tracer rate than the p51, and there was no noticeable fps drop...if there was any...this is really getting ridiculous.as much as i love dcs and especially the p51, the current situation now lasts at least as long as i play dcs and nothing has been done about it.

• 2 months later...

the tracer mod fixes the issue a little for me, but as stated above newer dx engine will resolve these issues.

main credit goes to original poster below.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1943823&postcount=32

tracer mod slight frame rate improvement.zip

Edited by diveplane

• 3 weeks later...