how to re install DCW

They are in the Config. LUA. folders. have you mucked around with them at all?

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

I need to re install DCW but without losing the settings of the modules. Any help appreciated

If you mean your controller setting and other settings from the games Options menus, then everything is in your Saved Games\DCS folder. An uninstall/reinstall will not touch these folders so everything will be just like you left it when you are done.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If you mean your controller setting and other settings from the games Options menus, then everything is in your Saved Games\DCS folder. An uninstall/reinstall will not touch these folders so everything will be just like you left it when you are done.

okay that will work :-)

Edited by cheap charlie

hmmm I have re downloaded DCW and 4 files ate sitting in a folder ready to go so I go to all programmes and prepare to uninstall where I see a "repair DCW tab" so I figured I might as well repair it and see if that works.

Right now its downloading about 45 mins worth of "updates"

That sounds odd to me because I have 1.2.1 which came with the installer and not once during start up and check did it download an update, but now it is.

any thoughts on this anyone?

A clean install of 1.2.1 will definately need to update. I can't say how long since everyones connection is different but updating is normal.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Did you install the modules? You only mentioned downloading World?

If you have two modules not showing up I am unsure what Ricardo's (Blackshark?) textures have to do with anything?

EDIT: You said the controls are there...for what? If the control page for the A-10 is there then expand on 'not showing up' please.

Edited by cichlidfan

If you have two modules not showing up I am unsure what Ricardo's (Blackshark?) textures have to do with anything?

EDIT: You said the controls are there...for what? If the control page for the A-10 is there then expand on 'not showing up' please.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://files.lockon.ru/en/178856/ (not black shark)

Su-25T

Ricardo's HD Russian Pits for DCS: World

---------------------------------------------enjoy-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the modifications I made to the A10, particularly the monitor.lua are is still there

the modified joystick file for the A10 is still there etc

but I cannot select the A10 or the mustang from DCW, they are not there

Edited by cheap charlie

So on your main screen there are $ signs on the icons for A-10 and the Mustang?

Note: When you do an uninstall, it is always prudent to make sure the installation folder is empty/gone afterwards. DCS does not remove files that were not part of the original install and those files (i.e. from mods) will be left behind. These leftover files can corrupt a new install into that folder.

al $ signs are still there even they they are bought.

I think best I do I clean install everything and save my settings, the a10 control settings were buggy anyway (they kept reverting) and will remove manually then ccc clean

A new clean install would probably be best. Rename your Saved Games folder so you can selectively restore from it after the sim has created a new one.

Do NOT clean your registry if you are using CCleaner. Cleaning your registry will cost you activations. That you can leave alone. Just get rid of old files in the install paths.

Can you clear up my confusion? in bazar/world/textures, all of the files in there are zipped. How can DCW access these files or can it do it even when the files are zipped?

Yes, it can still access them.

al $ signs are still there even they they are bought.

That a module is purchased is irrelevant here - note that you were not prompted to log into your account in order to get into the main menu, so therefore it obviously doesn't know what you have purchased.

They will disappear upon installation of the module.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester