[BETA] Female Wingman Audio Mod

neroroxxx

Hi guys, I'm excited to get some feedback on this one, first of all

THIS IS JUST A BETA RELEASE, it works well but some of the words need tweaking for better speech.

This mod will give you a female wingman.

I would love for some of you to test it and give me your thoughts so I can improve it, also if you find any phrases that sound off you can report that to me as well.

known issues as of right now are:

#1 some of the "O'Clock" words sound a bit boring.

#2 when you hear "contact target" the word target is off and sounds a bit weird but it's an easy fix

#3 words like roger and copy sound a bit cheesy

As I said before this is a beta and all those things will be fixed in the next few days, what i'm looking for is any issues with words overlapping and any suggestions from you guys.

To instal it drag and drop the folder inside the zip file at

DCS World/Sounds/Speech/Sound/ENG/Common/Wingman/

Make sure you back up the folder being replaced.

You can name the folder 1, 2 or 3 and drop it in the Wingman folder and it will work for that wingman (1 being your number 2 and so on)

Please let me know how this works for you and if any of you are on multiplayer please let me know if you have any issues.

The file is currently on my site but once i have a final mod i will uploaded to the ED user files, the file can be found on the link below and you'll see the A-10C image for that download

http://www.roxxxtar.com/media.php

Enjoy!

• Like 2

Nero

27" iMac, 3.4GHz i7 Quad Core, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2Gb, Running Bootcamp, Windows 7 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52 Pro

Great mod Nerorox, thanks. I fly with Ka-50 though.

I listen voice files. They're very excited! :)

I wish someone could make it for Ka-50 Wingwomen. :)

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Milene, ill see what i can do.

Devrim, it should work with all flyable aircraft, ill test it again tonight but im 99% sure it will work with ka-50, p-51d, su-25t and a-10 as long as its on dcs world

Nero

27" iMac, 3.4GHz i7 Quad Core, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2Gb, Running Bootcamp, Windows 7 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52 Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah , I want to hear someone raunchy like Madonna scream at me ..... get that target bitch , or I'll give you a strap on ..... garanteed to increase me hit ability !!! ..... :)

And to be honest ..... Id let her do anything to me for a one nighter ..... anything !!!

Edited by badger66

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you neroroxxx for this very nice beta mod :thumbup:

Can't wait for the final release! The additional voice sounds really natural to me and gives a greater immersion.

Great job so far!

Regards

Terrorvogel

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

...Devrim, it should work with all flyable aircraft, ill test it again tonight but im 99% sure it will work with ka-50, p-51d, su-25t and a-10 as long as its on dcs world

Thanks Neroroxxx. I didn't test yet, but when I look at the folders for the "words", it seems that some words are missing for Ka-50 Winwoman. May be it's not big deal, but just wanted to inform.

Thanks for your mod.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Thanks Neroroxxx. I didn't test yet, but when I look at the folders for the "words", it seems that some words are missing for Ka-50 Winwoman. May be it's not big deal, but just wanted to inform.

Thanks for your mod.

I noticed that, it's actually a different voice, looks like it's because it uses a russian accent voice which is different from a wingman,

On an update on this, I've done a bunch of recordings but i've had issues with the way some of the phrases match, i will be working on this this week again.

another thing i have in mind is for a REAL LIFE MOD which would change things to be a lot more realistic as far as the wingman goes, basically you won't hear things like bombs away or missile away, or roger, copy and so on.

Nero

This is awesome. Really great idea. My flight feels so modern and with-it now.

Whoever's doing this has a pretty good range, and I actually like the way the "o'clock" section came out. It's nice to have the character keep a cool head for just spotting targets, and saving the higher tension for evasive maneuvers and the like, in addition to the fact that you're going to be hearing them a lot so anything too intense is going to become grating after a while.

I'd actually err on the side of "boring" if anything. The "emergency" ones all came out great (especially "sam launch" and "tally bandit," with that little crack at the end), but a couple, mainly the "fox" and "guns" calls, sound just a little bit cartoonish to me, as opposed to the professional confidence of the ground attack calls.

Great job, though - I've always thought it was kinda lame to have only male voices and I'm glad somebody did something about it. The same person doing a JTAC or AWACS would be great, too, especially if she can do different voices (or if you just conscripted a different friend or whomever).

EDIT: I was only listening to the samples individually before since I was technically supposed to be working, but I just flew a mission where she got targeted by a Strela, and goes, "Two: SAM LAUNCH!!! ...3 o'clock." All those samples sound great by themselves, but as much as I'd miss the higher energy, I think those need to be toned down to a kind of taut steeliness to match the surrounding speech while still being tense.

Edited by Frogisis

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

This is awesome. Really great idea. My flight feels so modern and with-it now.

Whoever's doing this has a pretty good range, and I actually like the way the "o'clock" section came out. It's nice to have the character keep a cool head for just spotting targets, and saving the higher tension for evasive maneuvers and the like, in addition to the fact that you're going to be hearing them a lot so anything too intense is going to become grating after a while.

I'd actually err on the side of "boring" if anything. The "emergency" ones all came out great (especially "sam launch" and "tally bandit," with that little crack at the end), but a couple, mainly the "fox" and "guns" calls, sound just a little bit cartoonish to me, as opposed to the professional confidence of the ground attack calls.

Great job, though - I've always thought it was kinda lame to have only male voices and I'm glad somebody did something about it. The same person doing a JTAC or AWACS would be great, too, especially if she can do different voices (or if you just conscripted a different friend or whomever).

EDIT: I was only listening to the samples individually before since I was technically supposed to be working, but I just flew a mission where she got targeted by a Strela, and goes, "Two: SAM LAUNCH!!! ...3 o'clock." All those samples sound great by themselves, but as much as I'd miss the higher energy, I think those need to be toned down to a kind of taut steeliness to match the surrounding speech while still being tense.

Thank you for the advice, yes thats thr issue ive had, the problem is that words get mixed by the sim, the o'clock words are used for everything so they all have to have a certain level of energy, they will all have to be at using the same tone of voice and character.

Ive been some more recordings but ive been busy with my day job working overtime but now i have a much better idea on how to get the digits to sound great.

Im going to be recording this weekend so hopefully it'll work out on this take.

After researching it a bit more im actually hoping to turn this into a REALISTIC mod, for example instead of your #2 wingman saying roger or affirm it will just say "TWO" as a confirmation and so on, i need to do more reasearch on this any advice by ex AF pilots would be great

Nero

Great to see some diversity in the sim. Definitely adds some more realism and breaks up the same ol' boring voice.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Awesome, I can't wait to hear it. It's seriously almost there, I think.

After researching it a bit more im actually hoping to turn this into a REALISTIC mod, for example instead of your #2 wingman saying roger or affirm it will just say "TWO" as a confirmation and so on, i need to do more reasearch on this any advice by ex AF pilots would be great

Oh, no way, I didn't know that. If that really is what's consistently done, then let's go for it, but I hope not - Actual affirmations give a little bit more of a sense of presence and character, and I would guess that in real life there'd be units that allow a margin of flexibility in just intra-element comms in terms of what specific wording everyone thinks is clearest.

And also, because it's a playback instead of a live, conscious person, if it just stopped at "Two," I'd be liable to wonder if something's wrong with the AI scripting and the rest of a message is getting dropped.

I think it's pretty realistic already by virtue being serious radio comms and not containing any cheers or Hollywood catchphrases, but then I'd call Flaming Cliffs realistic just because I'd put scrolling arcade shooters on the same continuum of "airplane games."

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

• 1 year later...

Does any one still have this Mod they could zip/rar up for me, The link to it is 404. I'm really sick of listing to this dude...Can we get on DCS downloads?, last I used it, it worked fine for me..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MoBo: SaberTooth P67 B3 CPU: i7 2600K OC'd 4.434 Cooling: H100, Nine Asorted Fans GPU: EVGA Drvr344.75 GTX 780 and 580 w/physX MEM: Patriot Viper Xtrm 16GB Power: Antec HGC-900 HRD: Samsung SSD 256GB, WD 2TB wPageFile OS: Win7pro 64b Display: AcerHN274H-nVidia3D 27", Qty2 BenQ GW2750HM 27", Asus VS208 24", Qty2 Lilliput U80/c Input: G13, G110, G700s, TM WortHog, Saitek Cmbt Rudder, TM MFCDs, TrackIR5 Sound: Z906, G930w/IR5/Pwr. Pack Chair: See Album

• 2 weeks later...
Should we not call them wing persons now then?

Yea, true. What could we be called? Where neither side is boogered up by it...hmmm... how bout..

Winger

She's the Winger...I'm a Winger.. That's my winger... yes, I have a winger....You want to meet my.......no, that'll never work...

I don't think this mod has been active in years.

True,

But surely some one still has this on a drive some were? My Hard drive from January had it and, it worked in 1.2.7. again... sounded a little like the lady on the phone at the bureau of motor vehicles, ...

Just thought some one might still have this on a drive some where..

Edited by spokejocky
Crappy Spelling

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MoBo: SaberTooth P67 B3 CPU: i7 2600K OC'd 4.434 Cooling: H100, Nine Asorted Fans GPU: EVGA Drvr344.75 GTX 780 and 580 w/physX MEM: Patriot Viper Xtrm 16GB Power: Antec HGC-900 HRD: Samsung SSD 256GB, WD 2TB wPageFile OS: Win7pro 64b Display: AcerHN274H-nVidia3D 27", Qty2 BenQ GW2750HM 27", Asus VS208 24", Qty2 Lilliput U80/c Input: G13, G110, G700s, TM WortHog, Saitek Cmbt Rudder, TM MFCDs, TrackIR5 Sound: Z906, G930w/IR5/Pwr. Pack Chair: See Album

I had it but it actually is more annoying than the stock after a day of flying.

You might be right, I didn't talk to the "winger" much. I've not been very good at using the winger productively, she always says "Negative", that's what got annoying.

Thanks any how, I'll mope along then...<sigh>

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

female atc at some airports would be a great addition, in native Russian and English.

So true, and I have to say to you sir,,

the A10c engine auto, and cannon audio is just Genius. I do way more gun runs now just to hear it.. most awesome, this is a must for all to use.

Russian accented lady speaking Appellation American would be my request, that would be cool...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:D

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"