Quit to Desktop

JG14_Smil

Hello,

I note the Quit to Desktop option on the main menu when hitting escape is grayed out. I know when I work on my cockpit and have to go in and out of DCS, this would be a great feature to have. Are there plans to incorporate this way to exit the sim?

thanks.

• 2 years later...
Hello,

I note the Quit to Desktop option on the main menu when hitting escape is grayed out. I know when I work on my cockpit and have to go in and out of DCS, this would be a great feature to have. Are there plans to incorporate this way to exit the sim?

thanks.

I am running into this now as well.. Never really bothered by it, but now I could use this feature.. ;-)

I don't know why it doesn't work either, but maybe I can make an educated guess:

At the moment the GUI (menus, mission editor, module manager, encyclopaedia and so on) and the simulator itself are separate programs. So probably you can't trigger a shutdown of the GUI from the menu of the simulator.

IIRC in DCSW 2.0 those two programs will be put together, one DCSW.exe to rule them all. So you will have access to all functions from all parts of the programm. I excpect that button to work then. :)

...when I work on my cockpit and have to go in and out of DCS...
If you're talking about working on a cockpit mod (on Photoshop etc.) I advice you to work with Model Viewer. You don't have to wait for loading DCS World, a mission, a module etc...

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068