Track file does not show actual flight??

Hansolo

Hello ,

First of all I am running DCSW 1.2.1.6288. The mission is "Into the Weed" and have not been altered.

I got by started by another thread and wanted to make a track of my flight. When replaying the track I noticed that the plane crashed into the hill side even though I did not during the mission.

In order to show the problem I have made a recording using a small digital camera. The resolution is not perfect but it is possible to see what the issue is. The film clip have been uploaded to following YouTube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdLF7wNJNLc

Attached is the track saved of the exact same flight. When I watch my own track I crash into the hill side app. 3m30sec after starting.

On the Youtube video however I am flying over a lake at that time and continue for a few minutes more before quitting the mission.

I would very much appreciated if someone could help me with following:

1. Can you confirm that I crash into the hill side after app. 3m30sec. when replaying my attached track "Into the Weeds take off test track"?

2. If confirming crash in the track, then why does the track not show the actual events?

I have been considering that I am doing something wrong when saving the track. But all I am doing when returning to Debriefing is pressing "save track" and enter a file name cry.gif

Or perhaps I am misinterpreting the idea of saving a track?

Any kind of assistance is appreciated. Thanks a lot

Cheers

Hans

In to the weeds take off track test.trk

Hi, the problem is as far as I know that the during the recording of the track, only the inputs you make are actually saved.

During the replay of the track the game is running as normal only with the inputs not read from your joystick but from the saved track file. That means of course if due to some timing problem (like you using time acceleration or HDD problems or so) one of the inputs you made is not properly read from the track file anything can happen. Is this understandable?

@Marcos... in the track I crashed way before reaching the areas were the enemy is.

@taps.... ok I will look into this tomorrow. I noticed that it looks like the heading is not the same in the track and also that the landing gear doesn't retract. If the replay only looks at the input but the environment is different (landing gear still down) then that could be the cause.

Thanks both of you for now.

Edited by Hansolo

Okay... Found out why my landing gear did not retract in the recorded track.

The reason is that input to the game sent via Helios is not recorded. I have been doing serveal small test. Everything done in the game or via hardwired switches which are connected straight into the game will be recorded in the track file.

Everything done in Helios and hardwired switches enterpreted by Helios and sent to game are not recorded in the track file

As explained by Taps only the input are recrded thus the track does not really show what actually happened.

Does anybody know if Tacview will record everything so that it is possible to do actual replay???

Thanks for the assistance in advance

I also noticed more than once this new issue with TRKs but i supposed this was already reported.

I have another issue with Campaign or Complex mission crashing to desktop with anything else than low in the Scenes settings, I used to fly A-10C and BS2 1.1.1.1 with full settings to HIGH.

I have two NVidia 580 GTX graphics card.

But since DCS World, I get either the CTD(MEDIUM-HIGH) or about one or two seconds with very low FPS(LOW) in complex mission after about 5-10Minutes of flight.

This is maybe related. Not sure though...:cry:

The one and only ... "Flanker-D" :doh:

Asus Rampage III Extreme, I7 980x, 6Gb Corsair DDR1866Mhz, 2*580GTX SLI, SB X-Fi Titanium, SSD OCZ & HDD WD Raptor 10kt/mn

Hotas Cougar & Warthog + CH P. Pro Pedals & Track-IR 4

• 5 years later...
Hi, the problem is as far as I know that the during the recording of the track, only the inputs you make are actually saved.

During the replay of the track the game is running as normal only with the inputs not read from your joystick but from the saved track file. That means of course if due to some timing problem (like you using time acceleration or HDD problems or so) one of the inputs you made is not properly read from the track file anything can happen. Is this understandable?

Okay, that makes sense. I was trying to view a mission from different camera angles, but I had accelerated through the beginning portion. Then my flight just descended into the drink. :doh: