Multiplayer for begginer

alexej21

Hello Guys,

I just explored magic of MP game. Today morning I played 2h perfect mission with cca 8 players. Lot of fun, much better than SP.

1. This afternoon I wanted to play again, but almost always connection interupted .. ???

- Is this normal, to have such interuption? Morning was without any problem.

2. Difficult to find any good server. Could someone send me maybe in PM IP adr. of some good, stable server in Europe ? Thx

3. Do you use Tars or Team speak?

4. Ramp start, any chance to do it faster ??

Thank you guys,:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.....Vladimir, let's go to Sukhoi.......

1) We're seeing this problem more often now than before- Not sure which module you're trying to connect with but I'm definitely seeing more stability problems with the guys in the KA-50.

Move your speed setting in multiplayer options to LAN. This has helped with a variety of connectivity issues.

2) Can't help you here- don't know any Europe servers. I do get quite a few guys from Europe flying in the firehouse server and they seem to have good performance (check it out here: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3665210/Eno_s_Firehouse_Station_3.html#Post3665210 )

3) We use TeamSpeak... but it looks like progress is being made to integrate it with the radio functions in the sim... we'll lean that way when we learn more about it.

4) No way to speed up the alignment (always going to be about 4 minutes)... the trick is to get it going as fast as possible. Other than that it's just a matter of getting the hang of it through practicing.

• Like 1

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

But I have one question : do you have to be ready with the whole startup procedure in 4 minutes ? (Engines, computer, weaponsystems, radio's and missionops ???)

For public MP servers? No, definitely not.

For Squads?

Different squads have different modus operandi as to how they conduct their affairs. Personally I would find a time-restrictive startup restriction for squad members laughable whilst it may be common for others.

Your best bet would be to frequent different squad forums and get a feeling for how they conduct themselves and play the SIM - in doing so you'll quick enough figure out where you'll best fit in.

Bottom-line: It's all about the fun :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

In-flight alignment takes 10 minutes. But you can make your way to the runway the moment the first engine is spooled. No need to do it on ground if you're in a hurry.

4) No way to speed up the alignment (always going to be about 4 minutes)... the trick is to get it going as fast as possible. Other than that it's just a matter of getting the hang of it through practicing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Hello Guys,

I just explored magic of MP game. Today morning I played 2h perfect mission with cca 8 players. Lot of fun, much better than SP.

1. This afternoon I wanted to play again, but almost always connection interupted .. ???

- Is this normal, to have such interuption? Morning was without problem

Yep it is quite normal at the moment unfortunately, hopefully we will see some improved stability in future patches. For us it seems to be tied to the number of players (any more than 6-8 and all of a sudden it goes from smooth to players crashing) and when the a-10 guys drop CBUs it also seems to cause problems. I hadn't really picked this up, but now that ENO says it, it does seem to affect the rotor heads more these days. It's just a matter of waiting for patches to address the problems.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

For public MP servers? No, definitely not.

For Squads?

Different squads have different modus operandi as to how they conduct their affairs. Personally I would find a time-restrictive startup restriction for squad members laughable whilst it may be common for others.

Your best bet would be to frequent different squad forums and get a feeling for how they conduct themselves and play the SIM - in doing so you'll quick enough figure out where you'll best fit in.

Bottom-line: It's all about the fun :)

Agree...fun is important...but it is also a very realistic, as not THE most realistic SIM in the world ! If you take the time to learn every day (in my case the A-10), you ask yourself such questions. I take at the moment as long as 11 minutes to get ready to taxi to the runway ! I you bother at all, its important to know how other simmers get the thing started. If in MP the others are already in the air when I'm still taxiing...well, i guess they rather see you leave than fly with them ! Wrong assumption ??