BigMotor

Hi Guys,

Under "Manage 3D Settings" I have the following program entrys:

1. dsc updater.exe

2. Digital Combat Simulator:Black Shark

3. launcher.exe

4. Lock On

5. Simulator.exe

Games installed right now are Lock On Flaming Cliffs 2 and DCS World (A10, BlackShark, and P51). All previous versions deleted.

My questions are, with all these execute files listed in NVIDIA Control Panel which one does World use to set the graphics card? What would be the correct ones for my current installs? Which entrys can I delete and also, how to remove when the remove button is greyed out (inactive)?

Thanks very much, Jim in PA.

any one of them. best to use laucher. iirc, the way it works is when its activated, any executable the program calls, like going into the sim, keeps the settings.

Windows 7 64bit

AMD FX 8350 4.0GHZ

16BG Ram

EVGA Geforce 760 GTX 2GB

Except in that case the settings will not be kept for multiplayer, and they might be caused to apply the same settings to both DCS and FC2, which may or may not be desirable.

I believe the Black Shark entry ought to be the simulation executable - most likely the panel sees the DCS.exe name and assumes it is Black Shark, the first to use DCS.exe.

Simulator.exe is FC2.

That said, I'd generally caution against forcing settings like this, since it can easily end in conflicts with the program itself leading to funny effects and/or performance issues. but of course, if what you want to do is to apply some setting that the game itself does not support, it's the only choice. Just remember to rever whatever configurations you do if you end up with glitches or performance issues at some point.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Hi Guys,

Under "Manage 3D Settings" I have the following program entrys:

1. dsc updater.exe

2. Digital Combat Simulator:Black Shark

3. launcher.exe

4. Lock On

5. Simulator.exe

Games installed right now are Lock On Flaming Cliffs 2 and DCS World (A10, BlackShark, and P51). All previous versions deleted.

My questions are, with all these execute files listed in NVIDIA Control Panel which one does World use to set the graphics card? What would be the correct ones for my current installs? Which entrys can I delete and also, how to remove when the remove button is greyed out (inactive)?

Thanks very much, Jim in PA.

1: dcs updater.exe : how did that one get in there? Did you manually add it? In fact, this is one you don't need to use or need to apply settings to because it's pointing to the updater.exe. Even if you start World from the updater icon, it's dcs.exe that is loaded. In fact, both the icons DCS World and DCS Updater launch dcs.updater.exe with the single difference that on DCS Updater there is the command /update attached to force to search for an update every time it's executed.

2: Digital Combat Simulator:Black Shark: This one is both used for DCS World "and" Black Shark since both exe's have the same name, ie dcs.exe

3. launcher.exe: Not to be used, this one is also a "launcher", ie it launches the final exe, either dcs.exe or simulator.exe

4. Lock On: To be used for LockOn but i can't say exactly for which version but if you upgraded to FC2, you should use nr 5.

5. Simulator.exe: This is the one you need to point to when you want to apply settings for FC2. It's loaded through "launcher.exe"

So if you want to apply/change setting for DCS World through the nVidia Control Panel, go nr 2.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Thanks for quick response and good info. Lange, yes I do remember adding updater.exe manually simply because that is where the game starting desktop shortcut was pointing to.

So one other question, why is the remove button inactive for some .exe's and active for others?

Thanks again, Jim.

Didn't respond to that question because honestly... i don't have a clue (i don't have any listed which has the option to be removed, mine all have the remove button greyed out).

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!