Purchasing DCS titles

jd_jay

I'm not trying I promote anything in any shape or form, I'm a sucker for a bargain though, I have received an email from a flight sim store I use and they have a special weekend offer where I can get 2 DCS titles or less than one normally costs, is it ok to purchase said titles from other places other than DCS/ED, or is here conflict issues with versions etc

Many thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's all good. All sales channels have the same protection system for DCS World titles, and purchase is not necessary (indeed even login isn't) to download from Eagle Dynamics if, at some point, gogamer (I think that's the ones with the promotion right now?) fails to be able to deliver any updates that end up not being delivered via the autoupdater.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Thank you for your reply, yes it is gogamer, I have been posting in another thread saying about how I'm currently in the middle of buying a new system so I can run DCS titles. So I may purchase this weekend and then see I I can wait to download until I get my new system set up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok so I've made the purchase, what a bargain. They have emailed me the activation codes for both. I'm not bother to download them until I have my new system. I take it if I wanted to I can download from DCS instead and use the activation codes from gogamer? They won't expire?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok so I've made the purchase, what a bargain. They have emailed me the activation codes for both. I'm not bother to download them until I have my new system. I take it if I wanted to I can download from DCS instead and use the activation codes from gogamer? They won't expire?

Correct. Download the core, DCS World, and the relevant modules you purchased, install and activate said modules with the codes you got.

Welcome to DCS :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'