Major glitch... please help? (files attached)

ENO

Has been showing up in a bunch of my logs, server side and also client side. Last log I had on my server had probably 10000 instances of this one error- And no... I'm not exagerating. Okay... well maybe I'm exagerating a little. There are probably about 6000 itterations.

Anyway- I was going to post this in the bugs and problems area but I wasn't entirely sure where to put it. Yes... the errors says it's a sound problem but it actually affects so many parts of the game (crashes, multiplayer, video, game performance) that I figured I'll throw it in here now to get some confirmation and then let the people who know put it where it belongs.

01321.480 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(woLA-16779011:aircrafts\planewind): pitch

01321.480 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(woLA-16779011:aircrafts\planegearwind): pitch

01321.480 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(woLA-16779011:aircrafts\planespeedbrakewind): pitch

01321.480 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(woLA-16779011:aircrafts\planewingturbulence): pitch

01321.523 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(woLA-16779011:aircrafts\planewind): pitch

01321.523 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(woLA-16779011:aircrafts\planegearwind): pitch

01321.523 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(woLA-16779011:aircrafts\planespeedbrakewind): pitch

01321.523 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(woLA-16779011:aircrafts\planewingturbulence): pitch

01321.527 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(woLA-16779011:aircrafts\planewind): pitch

01321.527 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(woLA-16779011:aircrafts\planegearwind): pitch

01321.527 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(woLA-16779011:aircrafts\planespeedbrakewind): pitch

01321.527 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(woLA-16779011:aircrafts\planewingturbulence): pitch

01321.533 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(woLA-16779011:aircrafts\planewind): pitch

01321.533 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(woLA-16779011:aircrafts\planegearwind): pitch

01321.533 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(woLA-16779011:aircrafts\planespeedbrakewind): pitch

01321.533 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(woLA-16779011:aircrafts\planewingturbulence): pitch

01321.574 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(woLA-16779011:aircrafts\planewind): pitch

01321.574 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(woLA-16779011:aircrafts\planegearwind): pitch

01321.574 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(woLA-16779011:aircrafts\planespeedbrakewind): pitch

01321.574 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(woLA-16779011:aircrafts\planewingturbulence): pitch

01321.580 ERROR SOUND: invalid source_params(woLA-16779011:aircrafts\planewind): pitch

x about 10000...

Seems to happen when anyone is operating with their gear down- at least that's what was particular about the mission we were flying in the past... and it seemed to fit with what was happening before.

We are seeing this error in all missions- particularly those where disconnections are frequent.

This time in the mission (included in the zip), all users suddenly had framerates drop into the mid teens- for minutes. My client got kicked, and I think the server crashed before anyone else was kicked.

This error is showing up in both client files as well as the server. Can I please get an acknowledgement on the fact that this is either known or being worked on... or possibly a fix to it? Is it something on our side? Is it something we can fix on our end?

Thank you...

11.2.12.zip

Edited by ENO
  • Like 1

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Did you try doing a repair on DCS world?

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

Hate to assume, so I have to ask:

Both server and client on unmodded, vanilla installs to latest auto-update version?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Variety of repairs, clean installs- only modifications are in graphics.lua (max fps limited to 20 and renderer off)- no actual "mods" installed on the server comp- client is the same. Other guys on the server report the same error entries as well.

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

I'm finding just about every crash has been preceded by that error entry- evident in the BS2 client files as well as the A-10 server files... and A-10 Client files. Evident in these dcs logs. Crash logs are attached where applicable.

Interestingly enough- if we load up the multiplayer through the DCS world.exe (instead of going directly to multiplayer) there IS no crash log- because DCS world doesn't actually crash. The multiplayer crashes, and then goes back to the normal DCS world single player menu.

I wonder if that's why people have been reporting the absence of crash logs- is because they log in through single player first and choose multiplayer.

Hmmmmmm

11.01.12 client.zip

11-01-12 BS2 client.zip

"ENO"

Was playing that min vody assault mission with the guys last night and once again getting this error across all computers. Causes horrible screen rates (mostly in cockpit) from what I can tell. Files from the clients are inbound and I can post if it'll help.

Please post here if you see large numbers of these log entries in your files.

I thought starting in multiplayer would help ensure a crash log would e generated but I did that yesterday and it didn't create one. The error crashed the server last night and also the night before playing the thunder mission. Quite common in thunder because guys are constantly taking off and landing and I think a big part of this error occurs while taking off and landing (gear down, brakes, flaps).

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

• ED Team

had a look at the zip files,

you will need to add a dxdiag,

and your system specs in your signature would help.

also do you over clock anything ?

make sure your directx 9 and c++ is up to date

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

As requested...

Everything is stock speed except the processor that is on a stable overclock- (folded for 2 years with it)...

The included files have my dxdiag both 32 / 64 bit... as well as the most recent crash log- and log file demonstrating this sound related error again. This is actually on my second computer (main rig, backup server unit though)...

I am problem solving some other issues on the main server rig from which most of the above files came from... so that'll have to wait. This gets you the picture though.

This continues to be a problem in 1.2.2

Further edit: Was doing an AV scan in safe mode and interesting little bit of info there that I found... hmmmmmmmm. Related?

11.09.12.zip

1396996455_archivedamaged.thumb.JPG.c2a9d3d15442d9c0d25725c3e112ce85.JPG

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Based on this I am doing a completely fresh install- plus an immediate update. I'm also not going to install the A-10C module (yet) as I'm not home anyway and the server doesn't require it.

Straight to update, configure then host... I'll be interested to see if that fixes it judging by those archive errors?

"ENO"

Back to crashes... plus many connections interrupted with clients. I'm seeing some errors generated by servman but I was told earlier they wouldn't be contributing to instability-

Anyway... Once again we have a zip file up on 11.11.12 server in my firehouse gdrive.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B8MeQLQ7pOpjX1VYc1ktMWNiVmc/edit

MP stability is our topmost priority.

I hope this is true.

Edited by ENO

"ENO"