Hits to the Prop = RIP

WildBillKelsoe

Very frustrating that AI, specially from a head-on. I try to gain altitude before he reaches in, and bastard always shoots with deadeye pin point accuracy, frying my prop before I even commence shooting him...

now gold out, is there a possibility of a GH campaign for P-51?

:megalol:

Maybe against Su-25s smiley-sick006.gif

Errrr...

scratch-head02-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000415-large.gif

This happens with almost all AI headon...

What is the cone of SA (situational awareness) for AI? Or is it a range? I think its range but I could be wrong...

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• ED Team

One of Russian players wrote a song "Never go to headon!" :)

AI is cool as a robot so you have not so many chances to shoot first aiming right.

The best way to escape is to perform a maneuver like barrel roll or even a lead turn.

Aiming your opponent means that you become a stabilised target easy to shoot at.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Total flashback to the IL2 days of deadly AI head passes. One day, maybe 5000 years from now, somebody will code AI that is a bit more human. For now it seems we must make do with 'Harder AI=just more accurate (to superhuman levels)'.

......specially from a head-on....

There's your problem: You cannot turn yourself into a target-drone and expect to get away with it. Even a slight deviation out-of-plane (90 degree roll to the left/right while climbing 50 feet or so) a couple of seconds before the merge is enough for the AI to not shoot at you.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

One day, maybe 5000 years from now, somebody will code AI that is a bit more human.

Actually, I doubt it. I don't think the solution towards making AI act human lies in more detailed coding. Because then you are completely stuck in some human having to sit there for hours, days, weeks, months and years feeding in new "if X then Y" things and start doing all kinds of tricks to make things varied.

I suspect the solution lies in evolved AI. Code a basic evolutionary AI engine (waaay easier said than done btw), and then let them get at each other and humans. You'll end up getting more "realistic" (as in, seeming human) that way than you can ever get through grinding out manual code.

I expect there might be real problems in making sure these actually perform anywhere near sane tactics though.

There was an old experimental game called "Cloak Dagger and DNA", turn based strategy, where the AI was really really bad. But it was evolutionary, so the more you played, the better it got, and after a while it was almost impossible to win. :P

Suspect it's several orders of magnitude harder to make something like this for a combat sim AI than a turn-based strategy game AI, though...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Lucky is needed. The AI has a almost fixed firing range in heads on, and a fixed way of evasive. You may try many times to find a good firing and evasive chance. But a single hit do little damage on AI. You should concentrate your fire at one part of the airframe. Otherwise, maybe more than 100rounds hits will be needed to kill an ace AI.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]