Unofficial List of Upcoming DCS Aircraft

lol, saying no one in DCS wants to "Just fly"

Count how many teams at VFAT are using DCSW as a Base.

I know of at least 2 dozen private servers for "just formation flying" alone.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 to that as well. Excellent.

It is the hackers that really innovate and improve a product. This software - DCS World - will grow to new heights, become richer, and get better than imagined if a real focus is made to support outside development / interaction. Look at what the community has done with Falcon 4.0 after it's code-base stopped being developed.

Isn't it possible to develop something new like DCS, but make it consistently backwards compatible, in terms of it's API? If you write an object or function, don't change method, property names, just add new ones for new features. Make functions so they can accept more parameters while preserving the old ones. Keep the data provided in various parameters from changing. I'm not sure if any of that is possible, but I would just LOVE to see more effort put towards supporting the outside development community as well as making the mission editor much easier in terms of scripting.

Why not make the ME parse JavaScript and then post a Wiki of all API objects / methods etc. Would LOVE that! It is so convoluted to program any sort of complex logic in the ME (IMO) right now. Please, if I am wrong point me to a resource that makes it easy (please!).

Sorry for somewhat of a tangent on the ME topic, but to me it is critical for the community to be able to develop content in the form of robust missions (among other things).

I still cannot figure out how to create a unit that respawns after being killed to effectively create an infinite army instead of having to add a ton of cluttered groups to a mission and then having to manage them all in the ME.

Anyhow.. I digress. But I do love Moa's thoughts.

EDIT: Alas... I am not crying in the night! :) http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=95148

Edited by arteedecco
Learned more in another, related thread

"Snipe"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OS => Win7 64-bit Ultimate | MOBO => ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe | RAM => 8GB | VIDEO CARD => XFX ATI 4850 | CONTROLLER => Saitek X52 | DISPLAY => ASUS 25.5" 1600x1280 | HDD => 150GB WD Raptor (10K RPM)

Sorry for somewhat of a tangent on the ME topic, but to me it is critical for the community to be able to develop content in the form of robust missions (among other things).

I still cannot figure out how to create a unit that respawns after being killed to effectively create an infinite army instead of having to add a ton of cluttered groups to a mission and then having to manage them all in the ME.

Visit the mission builders section for all questions related to the mission editor. But to answer your querry: The sim currently does not feature respawning of units. The next best thing you can do is create several copies of the same group and spawn them in one at a time once the activated group is killed.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

This 3rd party stuff has barely started and you are already condemning it...

Hardly condemning the products, if anything condemning the reaction to them.

All this optimism would probably become a lot more realistic if you had to actually invest in all these modules like stocks based on how well you think they'd actually fare as proper products, and not just in the fantasy land of gamers wanting stuff.

I mean there are going to be 2 F-15Es for heaven's sake. How can one player in that bid not lose?

I want it all to work out, I'm just facepalming at the sheer volume of stuff people have madly put their mark on.

If FC3 caused this much of a whine fest, how could you think that something NOT made by ED will eventually turn into nonsensical garbage?

To the person saying that free to play DLC model has made money, well duh. But you can't treat every module like its a separate game, its an individual piece of DLC. Anybody who's ever spent money on the XBL Marketplace knows there are winners and stinkers.

What is it they say, the majority of businesses fail in the first year or something of operation? For some reason gamers think that third party developers are somehow different. I just wonder who's favourite plane falls to the wayside when the names start dropping.

This is truly mad consumer culture on hand. Prove to me that they'll fail or else you can't post any skepticism. I wanna know when anybody has ever seen 100% of products created for a narrow niche market succeed. Something has to fail, and the bigger the bundle the more rotten fruit you could end up with in the end. If too many people lose too much trying to sell to a DCS market that isn't as big as they want it to be, then you can see it dry up just as fast.

Don't tell me I'm the only one that ever took economics.... I'm cautiously optimistic as new info for projects rolls in but I guess I shouldn't rain on the parade until its "I told you so" time.

• Like 2

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

Don't tell me I'm the only one that ever took economics.... I'm cautiously optimistic as new info for projects rolls in but I guess I shouldn't rain on the parade until its "I told you so" time.

P*Funk, are a seriously on a campaign to prove that optimism is wrong, and that we should all be squatters till someone brings out a new aircraft for DCS successfully?

Then if a project fails to materialize we get to say "I told you so"?

Every one of the projects being announced is a product of passion, desire, and long hours of hard tedious work.

Unlike you it seems, each of the project members would much rather spend their time on the challenging tasks at hand.

You continue to spew venom as if it were wisdom yet nothing you have said lends any credence to your point.

From here on I am just going to ignore your posts all together. I hope you find happiness soon because your sad :badmood:existence, well it is just sad.

P*Funk, are a seriously on a campaign to prove that optimism is wrong, and that we should all be squatters till someone brings out a new aircraft for DCS successfully?

No, I'm commenting on the unrealistic sensationalism surrounding the unending stream of new projects being announced. That I get branded as some evil nay sayer just because I said "Man, people are on crazy juice, this is a bit out of hand" is just testament to people's really volatile reaction to a lack of enthusiastic optimism.

I keep telling you, I want this stuff to succeed, but I'm not just going to use the power of The Secret to alay obvious and straight forward concerns and easy jokes about people and their lunatic behavior. Lines like "I WILL BUY ANYTHING YOU MAKE!" posted by someone after some 3rd party posts like a half dozen pics of an early alpha makes me realize that whatever optimism I'm feeling must look like Hitler grade hate compared to the crack some of these people are smoking.

Every one of the projects being announced is a product of passion, desire, and long hours of hard tedious work.

Oh come on. Its a business designed to make money. Passion or no passion, its a business model and thats what motivates people. They don't want to make 4 airplanes at once because they just love this stuff, its because they want to make as much product as possible and get in on the ground floor of a new potential cash cow. That they're passionate about what they're trying make money off of is cool, and it definitely improves the likelihood of a good product, but seriously... are you PAID by these guys with this crap you're saying?

Working hard on challenging tasks at hand? Are you running for office?

Positive thinking never launched a ship or built a bridge.

You continue to spew venom as if it were wisdom yet nothing you have said lends any credence to your point.

From here on I am just going to ignore your posts all together. I hope you find happiness soon because your sad :badmood:existence, well it is just sad.

Venom? Because I dared to call the fanboys out for being unrealistic?

Its not venom, its realism. If the market economy worked on passion and positive thinking I doubt very much that our economy would be as poor as it is right now. Venom? Because I don't agree with your optimism?

Fanboys gonna be fanboys I guess. Ignore people who say things that don't jive with your view point. Classic internet. I thought people talked about what they thought and argued about why this or that was true or not. I guess your view of the internet is circles of sycophants feeding off each other's enthusiasm.

Honestly, I want this stuff to be cool. I'm stoked for the Mig-21. I think that one is gonna be excellent. But I see no reason however to just say "Everything must be great until proven otherwise". I just look like a lunatic fringe hater because of how much animosity there seems to be around here for skepticism.

Jeeze brah, take a Zoloft and put the rainy day clouds away. Sorry your love of DCS is so tragically fragile that you can't even sustain a single conversation about the long term outlook of this explosive 3rd party horde.

You know how many games of Passion and Desire I bought into, I mean I drank the friggin' Kool-Aide, I watched all the trailers, I took PR as gospel and then I was pissed off when $60 later I didn't get what I thought I was getting.

Sorry I don't ascribe to your particular brand of hyperbole in characterizing my couched enthusiasm. Ignore away. Get your licks in and RTB. Honourable discourse indeed. :thumbup:

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

i dont see how anything PFunk has said in the last 4 or 5 pages has anything to do with this thread,

its repetitive barking and negativity about failing ecosystems and stuff. Not a Single post pertaining to the 3rd Party Modules being developed.

If you dont like the Outlooks of DCS, No one is Forcing you to be here.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Visit the mission builders section for all questions related to the mission editor. But to answer your querry: The sim currently does not feature respawning of units. The next best thing you can do is create several copies of the same group and spawn them in one at a time once the activated group is killed.

Grimes, thanks so much for the response. I really appreciate all the work you do in support of the community and towards making mission building better. Thanks!

I am familiar with the ME portion of the forum, so I'll head back there for follow-up questions.

You know how when you are programming or building out a mission and you hit that one question that is just ... not ... addressed anywhere, but seems like a huge, big deal? That whole thing you just illuminated about how DCS cannot currently spawn new units / re-spawn units after starting a mission... that is just one such critical piece of info.

If it hasn't already been done, this bit of info should be bold-faced added as a callout to the very beginning of the ME portion of the manual and to the API Wiki you're working on. IMO.

Thanks a ton! Looking forward to more updates on the LUA scripting API! :thumbup:

Cheers!

"Snipe"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OS => Win7 64-bit Ultimate | MOBO => ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe | RAM => 8GB | VIDEO CARD => XFX ATI 4850 | CONTROLLER => Saitek X52 | DISPLAY => ASUS 25.5" 1600x1280 | HDD => 150GB WD Raptor (10K RPM)

So, anyone noticed team VRC's fixed wing project is a freeware F-100?

https://www.facebook.com/VRCF100

Derk, I hadn't seen that one yet! I love the F-100. Viva la Boyd, the 30 second killer!

"Snipe"

First off I have to say that we dropped the ball on this one.

TEAM VRC was not ready to divulge our project aircraft until we had a cockpit ready for video. The justification for doing so was for the sole purpose to secure our Dev status with ED.

Since you have video proof of our efforts, be it not very flattering, I am confirming that we are working on the F-100D Super Sabre.

We will release 3 mods based on this airframe:

1. QF-100D which is depicted in the above video.
  2. F-100D Thunderbird variant - later releases will include AFM.
  3. F-100D Full combat ready with all systems, 6 DOF, and clickable cockpit.

Our team is working diligently to get up to speed and heavily into reverse engineering code so we can bring our Cockpit to life. We are busting through every barrier that we hit and the team is producing some of the best work I have seen in a freeware effort.

We have to discuss as a team what our next steps are to be, however I am sure that we will be forthcoming with screenshots and videos.

Our goal is to provide the Community with the HUN so you can enjoy DCSW even more until your favorite mods are available.

Stay tuned.

List updated, thanks so much Gecko

I'm sure your all's project will be incredible

quite honorable to release it as freeware too =)

it only helps DCSW,

as People dont wanna fly the SU-25, so they never even try it.

it only helps DCSW,

as People dont wanna fly the SU-25, so they never even try it.

I have come to appreciate the Su-25T and think it is really awesome, so I'm glad to have it, but I can see SkateZilla's point as the Su-25T just isn't strikingly "sexy", so it primarily attracts a smaller cadre of enthusiasts (albeit the kind I like to talk and fly with!) and those who live in areas where it flies in RL.

The F-100 will not have over-complex avionics or systems to learn, making it accessible. Yet, it will also be fast and have both AA and AG capability making it well-rounded and fun (afterburner baby!). This is another aircraft that I have not previously put a lot of effort into learning / knowing, but it will be a welcome addition!

Thanks for the hard work all! :thumbup:

"Snipe"

The F-15E from Razbam or iris?

This thread came up in a quick search: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94332&highlight=F-15E

An F-15E would be an amazing follow-on to the 'C' model so long as the back seat is fully playable and modeled IMO. Being able to have a human backseater would be so excellent.

That and multi-seat Apache, PLEASE! FTW!!! :thumbup:

"Snipe"

Yeah there is an apache sim, but it's for XBOX, which makes me want to tear out my hair and punch myself in the face.

• Like 1

"Snipe"

I believe there is a game called combat helo making an apache sim

probably not as good as DCS

I imagine the apache will come eventually

I believe Combat Helo is no longer active. It is my understanding the developers ran out of money for development. That is what I remember at least in reading their forum posts over at SimHQ. I read that about 4-5 months ago. Perhaps things have changed.

sry but, 2 f15e's? isnt that a little absurd? i mean, if they gonna tweak the aircraft to dcs quality and all, wouldnt that mean we 'd get two identical models from two different companies? i know that plane makes up for a rich plate but ??

also, looking at the list, i think its pretty clear which is the new us fixed wing ed is going to release?

Edited by whitehot
addenda

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER