Russian Air Force Photos and Video (NO DISCUSSION)

Flаnker

• ED Team
Yeah or CNN quotes two unnamed US officials, or better yet, doesn't actually quote them - note lack of quotation marks in article - and can't provide a scrap of evidence, either of the event itself, or which officials made the statements, or what they actually said. All the hallmarks of quality journalism right there.

Relax man, its all media stuff, both sides do it, nothing to get so excited about ;)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

spectacular how the Russian cruisers missiles are launched like a machine gun. Wow!

No this is not a cruiser, it МРК(rus) -Small rocket ship. The Caspian Sea is not for large ships :)

cCTfsKAebY8

This ship "Dagestan" the biggest on the Caspian fleet :) (Project 11661 frigate code "Cheetah")

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gepard-class_frigate

kPk4GQxQTK4

Talks about missiles "Club" - though the export version.

Mhz52LGeGD4

Then they show the commercials as you can turn any cargo ship missile arsenal in "Club"

mbUU_9bOcnM

Edited by AlexHunter

Открылась бездна звезд полна;

Звездам числа нет, бездне дна. (М. В. Ломоносов)

Well to be honest. I see this attack extremely dangerous for the pilots. If they continue doing this like that they probably going to be downed. I see a relation of this in the last media reports about what say the NATO is going to happen...

Maybe they have accuracy Intel to know this forces have not the weapons to response. In the video you see they attack low over the enemy, don't like it.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well to be honest. I see this attack extremely dangerous for the pilots. If they continue doing this like that they probably going to be downed. I see a relation of this in the last media reports about what say the NATO is going to happen...

Maybe they have accuracy Intel to know this forces have not the weapons to response. In the video you see they attack low over the enemy, don't like it.

Agree doesn't look safe att all.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

I saw a video yesterday from an Al-Nusrah fighter that showed a HIND turning over his position. His friend was attacking the underbelly with a AK (good luck) but you could hear a heavier MG nearby. I think it is a very risky approach but it is probably the only way to achieve the military goal. Video was on Liveleak so I didn't post it here.

If I find it I'll link here.

The low altitude flying is probably the best way to put the rounds where they need to be with less risk of hitting civilians in the process. We are talking about 30mm shells and rockets mostly. Also, their job is to guard the area around the airbase (which is particularly close to the front lines) to save the attack and fighter aircraft from being shot down while taking off and landing.

I would presume IS attacks near the base are surprise ones, so you can't send a Su-34 and wait for it to climb towards 4000m to drop a KAB-500, nor can you risk a Su-25 for a low-level strike since it would be a sitting duck when taking-off and making many passes to identify and attack the targets. A Mi-24 flight however can reach combat speeds faster and make a safer head-on pass at low altitude, acquiring the target and hitting it the first time around.

Remember, the frontal fuselage is protected against HMG rounds, it is a flying tank. Talking to pilots two years ago, if I remember correctly I was told the frontal cockpit glass and engine areas can even take 20mm cannon rounds and still keep flying. Unlike 12.7mm hits though these would probably wreck the armour and warrant a replacement but the crew would be alive and the helicopter would make it back. I say this from memory though, it is to be taken with a grain of salt.

All things considered, I'm not sure how effective would it be for the baddies on the ground to make a run towards a downed helicopter with a second helicopter protecting the crash site, and at such proximity to Russian air and ground forces plus Syrian army troops as well who would surely intervene. The prospect is scary, nonetheless.

This RT link has a short video describing, albeit at a superficial level, the Mi-24s tasks and the possible AAA and SAM opposition it faces. https://www.rt.com/news/317841-latakia-airbase-mi24-gunboats/

I have a quick question, maybe someone else here would be able to explain.

Why are the VVS ROSSII and red star markings hastily painted over in most Su-34s and Su-30s operating in Syria? There's been a high degree of transparency about their missions there, and the aircraft's silhouette's are extremely recognisable since they stand out from anything else operating in the area.

I have a quick question, maybe someone else here would be able to explain.

Why are the VVS ROSSII and red star markings hastily painted over in most Su-34s and Su-30s operating in Syria? There's been a high degree of transparency about their missions there, and the aircraft's silhouette's are extremely recognisable since they stand out from anything else operating in the area.

They were painted over because they had ferry flights over Iran/Iraq, atleast some of the aircraft. At that point Russian involvement was still not official.

A DCS SU-34 would be fantastic...

Edited by Skulleader