I'm giving up...

Hoggorm

Hi,

I'm currently on the 17th mission in the Georgian Hammer for CA campaign and I'm giving it up. It is no fun at all...

1 - Up until now about every other mission I've flown has crashed to desktop.

2 - Only one of all the "support the advance of aaa and bbb to ccc and ddd" missions has worked so far. Pressing the F10 key on the radio menu sometimes shows the aaa and bbb units, but usually they do not appear. If they do appear pressing their corresponding F-key, does not advance the units.

3 - JTAC takes forever to respond. Sometimes it works, but usually not. The JTAC can read the 9-Line, but then after I'm asking for remarks for example it will take several requests before they respond. In the meantime I'm just flying there looking silly and vasting time and fuel. If the JTAC reads me the 9-line I could of course make a mission waypoint and shoot the targets myself, but thats not the point. Anyway that can only be done if the 9-line is actually read to me. JTAC does not work...

I'm not interested in flying this campaign any longer. So what do I do now? Are there other campaigns available for download that I can try? Are there missions I should try?

What do you do when you've finished the campaign?

Thank you

Personally, all I do in DCS/FC when I'm not online is make missions to fly, and if it wasn't for my computer crashing at the worst time, I would might have shared my massive F-15 campaign for FC2. I've never flown a campaign made by ED, and the only missions I've tried were back when I first got original LOMAC and didn't understand the mission editor.

The ME is basically infinite replayability. You can even take the GH missions and fix whatever you don't like about them to make the campaign suit you better.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I can hardly imagine that I'm good enough for that...

All you need is the SIM and an internet connection :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

It's actually easier on-line except that there are a few more sams.

Easier because if you have trouble or questions you can just ask on teamspeak or chat.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

What ever missions you like. I reccomend joining one with 3-10 players.

Yep, if the server is open people come and go during missions

No, most people fly on their own

Only if people are running TARS, but on open servers people dont tend to run TARS very often, it is normally used on closed servers.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

^^^ Ditto, been formation flying online in this DCS/FC since 2006, with no CTD's that I can remember in MP.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

^^^ Ditto, been formation flying online in this DCS/FC since 2006, with no CTD's that I can remember in MP.

To be fair that type of mission isn't exactly a representation of the typical DCS combat mission.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

What missions do I enter online?

Can I just enter a mission that is already running? Or can I only join at the start?

Do I have to join a virtual squadron or can I fly "on my own"?

Do I have to install something extra like TARS?

Teamspeak for comms. Many require it to join servers. You sign on to the hosts TS channel, and they give you the password. It's just good sense, and you will learn a ton- quickly..

I'll just add my SP has crashed once and only once. I've flown missions in excess of 2 hours.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• 1 month later...