Great documentary on russian aircraft

Witchking

Hey guys,

Figured this warranted its own thread. Personally this is the best documentaries I have seen on two of the best aircraft in the world. I saw also an A-10 documentary on youtube...just not as compelling.

In this they do a few nice things. The pilot gives a walkaround on a su27. They sit in the cockpit and explain about the instruments. They talk about the most amazing hotas ever. Two freaking triggers which are wicked...one for guns, one for missiles. I think this has to be on the "must watch" list for ED developers as well. The devs could probably get a few nice ideas from it.

609B8ED0-036B-4C2B-86FB-69834EBE88D5-3729-000001CE7BE0F544.jpg

Buy these and other amazing ones at

http://en.wingstv.ru/

http://shop.wingstv.ru/category/series/

Considering the work that went into making these...all the rare footage and everything. Definitely a worth buy. Will sit right there beside my documentaries from David Attenborough. ;)

cheers,

V

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I've just seen the Su-27 documentary on Youtube (it is in 4 38-minute parts), where it is available in decent quality, and more importantly: in its entirety.

I recommend watching it, although it IS a bit propagandic in nature ;)

Here's a link to part one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD5VXttYF1A

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

What's particularly interesting in the video series is the redesign of the initial su-27 when it was realised it was no match for the F-15. Their solution was blatently obvious though .. take the best of the initial SU-27 and copy the F-15. E.g. Outer wing, speed brake, flaperons, cockpit canopy etc.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q