DCS World GUI bugs

Kuky

Thanks Kuky.

There aren't many testers or players as a percentage of the total that use 3 screens or more so it has been low priority. Especially when you consider the iginuity of modders like yourself, PP etc who tinker and solve these screen problems.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

pick some testers that use more than one monitor ;)

I wish I could fix HDR, I had a look in HDR.fx and found a way to stretch the glare, even get it to move at different rate but the issue is still there, and PeterP the genius of modders, or good ol' Mustang, couldn't figure it out either, so this really needs attention from ED team

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

I would vote on Kuky for a beta-tester! :) I always wonder why he hasn't become tester yet. He's a very mature kind and helpful person with great knowledge about aviation, computers and ED simulation as already you all might notice... and has tripple screen ;). My post can be taken as a little joke maybe but I'm really very serious about it.

Hello Guys,

i had open the debriefing windows in multi-player game. The server finished the mission and i land in the multi-player windows, but the debriefing windows is still open.

The debriefing windows and the multi-player browser dont't close.

Screen_121110_015857_klein.jpg.9802dde9aded6111b45c37994c14be27.jpg

Simpit Software by SDA "SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

• DCS ExportScript
  • D.A.C. DCS to Arcaze Communicator
  • Ikarus a new Virtual Cockpit Software

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM

• 3 weeks later...

Just an FYI, I've reported these leftover MP GUI bugs in ED internal bug-tracker

@McMicha, that issue is not related to one in first post, you can't exit the menu as it looses focus when switching from 3D game render to menu, you can use windowed mode in game options as workaround till ED fixes it.

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

• 1 year later...

Over a year later and I am still getting these bugs on triple monitors!!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

+100 for HDR fix with multiple monitors.

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

I have a 4 monitor setup. 3 game monitors and a touchscreen below. I have my Monitorsetup lua files set to center the GUI on the main screen. This works great in singleplayer. But in Multiplayer the GUI starts on my far right monitor and goes off screen.. 75% of the GUI is off the screen!!

So, I finally set my GUI x=0 to put it on my far right screen (instead of centering it like I wanted). That does work. Now I can see the GUI in Multiplayer. Unfortunatly all of the ingame info also goes on the right screen now. The external view info bar; game messages; ect...

The scrollbars are all STILL porked triple wide. After 2 YEARS why is this still not FIXED!! This seems like a simple thing to fix to make 3 monitors work without bugs..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

We'll from my experience the screen can be offset. However, while the multi player programme is loading if I keep clicking, left mouse button, on the desktop of my centre monitor the image loads perfectly...almost every time.

That may help or be totally irrelevant.;)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TrubshawRN -=SHREK 94=-

Thank you Trubshaw!! I tested that 6 times (3 clicking on desktop, and 3 not). Every time I did 'not' click on the desktop multiplayer loaded way off to the right on my 3rd monitor. Every time I 'did' click constantly on the desktop it loaded perfectly!!

Rep inbound!!

• 1 month later...

Why did nobody tell me about this!? This has got to be the single greatest fix in the history of DCS! (Okay, perhaps I exaggerate but seriously, this has been bugging me for a very long time!). Thank you so so much Kuky :notworthy:

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm only running DCS on one monitor but have a secondary running Helios with some instruments exported to that, so have to run 3840x1200. However, this results in the map opening on both screens, half under Helios and thus not visible, making it unusable as I can't even drag it across to move the obscured part onto my main monitor.

I guess I'll have to just fly FC3 planes (which I don't have any Helios profiles for, so I can run at 1920x1200) for now and hope this gets fixed sometime.

How are other Helios users managing to cope with this? Just doing without the map completely or just not exporting any instruments and setting DCS to just use the single monitor resolution?

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

• 11 months later...

This replaces some files in different folders in the game. It starts with the FUI folder in the zip file, which is the same as a FUI folder in the game's root folder. So you could just copy the FUI folder into your game's root folder and overwrite all of the games files that this changes.

You should always BACKUP your original files first! So, almost everybody uses a program called JSGME (Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler). Which will backup all of the files that a mod replaces first, then copies the new mod files into the game. If you don't know how to use JSGME, I suggest you learn about it. It is very simple. It takes a mod that has the same folder structure as your game's folders/files, and first backs up the original game's files first, then just simply copies the mod's folders/files over the games folders/files. Then you can play your game with the mod. Later, if you decided you don't want the mod installed, just disable it with JSGME.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98607

• 1 month later...