How's Strikemax's Su-27 model?

This is what TS-77strikemax told me

Hi Azn,

Sorry for letting you down guys, but since ED want to model their own new Flanker, I've decided to stop further development of my model. It takes huge amount of time, especially at this finishing up phase.

And to Mig Mag Awesome Job.

Thanks

StrikeMax

But i assume he is still working on it a little for Fs2004.

Yes The plan for FS9 is there, but im seeking the assistance of some one experienced in virtual cockpits .If I have to model the 3d cockpit then this is another project by itself.

And here is the latest picture from Strikemax that was posted over at the ubi forum on oct 19:

wip-19102005-closeup-text-j.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One would have thought they would have released it in 1.1 or 1.11, if Strikemax kept working on it we would have had it a long time ago.

I wish ED would have accepted it to give themselves a little head start, but beautiful as that model was, it still needed plenty of work.

Included in the 3D model has to be all the animations and damage. This stuff in itself is a major undertaking . . . . I don't know if Strikemax had made a start on it, but can you imagine modelling the cockpit as seen from outside, the details of the flaps and undercarriage doors, the jagged edges when things get blown off . . . . . ?

It was a beautiful model, and I look forward to it in FS9 - but there was a LOT of work to do before it would have a viable Lomac model.

The other thing that occurs to me is that ED *may* (this is speculation, you understand) be wanting to do a 3D model at the detail of the Su25T. Can you imagine a 50k poly Su27 model with all the internal damage detail?

Mmmmn . . . . . *dribbles* . . . .

Can you imagine a 50k poly Su27 model with all the internal damage detail?

Mmmmn . . . . . *dribbles* . . . .

I'd pay what I payed for FC just for that alone. As already mentioned in this thread, the Su-27 will always be associated with ED and it is suprising that they have not modeled it as good as say... the MiG-29, F/A-18 and Su-25T. I remember when I first played the lockon demo in November 03 and the MiG-29 3D model blew me away. Someone gave that model alot of TLC and I would have liked to see if the same quality was on all flyables at the time of release but Ubi rushed them.

I think the AFM Su-27/33 should be on high priority for ED but seeing as it's too late into the overall project at this stage I guess we can only hope for it in the next project. Oh, just a thought a AFM Su-33 would make for some very interesting carrier landings.

*drools at the thought*

I'd pay what I payed for FC just for that alone. As already mentioned in this thread, the Su-27 will always be associated with ED and it is suprising that they have not modeled it as good as say... the MiG-29, F/A-18 and Su-25T. I remember when I first played the lockon demo in November 03 and the MiG-29 3D model blew me away. Someone gave that model alot of TLC and I would have liked to see if the same quality was on all flyables at the time of release but Ubi rushed them.

IIRC, the concern was more with code functionality being hurried than 3D models coming up to Lomac release - if it was, then we should at least have had WIPs to have completed by now.

And seeing as they already had servicable models from Flanker 2 . . . .

But I absolutely agree that a new and sexy Su27 would be fantastic.

I think the AFM Su-27/33 should be on high priority for ED but seeing as it's too late into the overall project at this stage I guess we can only hope for it in the next project. Oh, just a thought a AFM Su-33 would make for some very interesting carrier landings.

*drools at the thought*

Word.

Yea 1.2 don't really interest me with the Ka-50. I will still buy it though since it improves other things...but if ED improves the flanker models, i would easily pay $50 or more for it. (think about it ED) the flanker is the backbone of the game...it should at least perform and look the best/accurate.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 9 months later...

These are just some of the shots from the ubi forum. http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/14510816/m/8491006042/p/1

wip220605-text-gif.gif

wip11022005.gif

zoomin.gif

Damn that is so round compared to the one in the game lol

1.jpg

Anyway back to the model

wip290305.jpg

texture_rehersal.gif

formation_shine.gif

wip-19102005-closeup-text-j.jpg

su-fs9-text-2.gif

lol i like that last picture with the quote. At least half of that wish is true.

But I'm still wondering about this pic over at the russian forum

MiG26Su-compilation.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ahaha! very nice work strike. Does this mean you are going to pick up where you left off?

Yes mate. As I said earlier I've been wishing for this plugin for long time. Now I have the motive and I will finish it.

StrikeMax,

Could you post the steps you went through to replace the model using the new LOMAC Tool for MAX -> LOM conversion. The included readme leaves me guessing.

BTW your model is the HEAT

I know what ur talking about, a lot of guess work. The most important thing for you to know is that for some flyables there are NO FILES TO REPLACE!.

Just creat your .lom file and put it in the shapes directory. You have to name your file after the "Master" .cmd file of the flyable.

For ex. for the su-27 the major .cmd file is su-27.cmd so I simply created su-27.lom abd added it to the folder.

That took me a while to figure out;)

sig3small320x1503vh3.jpg

Yea 1.2 don't really interest me with the Ka-50. I will still buy it though since it improves other things...but if ED improves the flanker models, i would easily pay $50 or more for it. (think about it ED) the flanker is the backbone of the game...it should at least perform and look the best/accurate.

:huh: :unsure: