New DCS World 1.2.2 ?

Joy

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started DCS World yesterday and in prompted for an update. Now when I start a mission the screen flip flops between desktop and game a couple of times and you see a windows message about color depth being changed. Once back to game screen it has lost focus so you must alt tab through open apps to get focus back to DCS World. Any way to revert back ? Currently at 1.2.2.7122.

Hello,

After the update from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 for my A-10C everything is OK (ouf)...

But with my "Black Shark 2" the delay for enter in the cockpit is very long...

Once that I've selected one mission that I've created I must wait 1'40" for access to the menu with the "FLY" button.

And after I must wait once again 12 secondes (freeze) after have click the "FLY" button for enter in my cockpit...

Before this upgrade everything was OK for my BS2 but now I found that it's very too long, is it a bug ?

If some persons who use the BS2 can tested and say to me if you meet the same delay that me because it's shame..

PS: I'm very sorry for my poor English, Skull.

I am seeing a delay that was not there prior to the latest patch and while its not as long as you stated something has changed.

Started DCS World yesterday and in prompted for an update. Now when I start a mission the screen flip flops between desktop and game a couple of times and you see a windows message about color depth being changed. Once back to game screen it has lost focus so you must alt tab through open apps to get focus back to DCS World.
Did you select the "disable aero interface" option?
  • Like 1

Do we have a correct estimate as to how much the Auto Updater downloads for this patch in one run?

Edit: Just saw it's roughly 1GB from simast's top post. Guess it's downloading the full game at work for me. If every patch is 1GB then that is utter BS. I can't keep abusing work ADSL.

Edited by SyntaxError

RimOnBlue.png

F/A-18C - A-10C - FC3 - L-39C/ZA - Ka-50 - UH-1H - Mi-8MTV2 - F-86F - Spitfire - P-51D - P-47D - BF-109K - CA

Did you select the "disable aero interface" option?

It was selected by default as far as I know. I unchecked it and that did fix the problem. Question now is was that option in the version prior to the update because I have always had all the options in that list checked and never had that issue.

Thanks for the tip

Edited by socal500

I still experience problems with a mouse. Whenever I start a mission I am not able to click anything. The mouse buttons just don't respond. To fix it I have to switch to desktop and switch back to game.

i9 9700K @5.0GHz; 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM. Reverb G2; TM Warthog on VPC WarBRD Base, MFG Crosswind V3

I know I'm repeating myself, but is the "disable Aero interface" option enabled? It's know for causing this issue when enabled.

This option is disabled. I used it maybe once in the past but did not notice any difference so I switched it off.

i9 9700K @5.0GHz; 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM. Reverb G2; TM Warthog on VPC WarBRD Base, MFG Crosswind V3

DCSW Mouse works fine for me, until I click something on my Desktop when DCS is switching Windows, from that point on, I have to ALT-TAB and go back every time until i shut down my system and boot back up, no matter how many times i close and exit DCS.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

...when DCS is switching Windows.

Do you mean when the game is switching between Launcher.exe and DCS.exe? I will try to restart my PC today and see if it helps. Usually I put computer into sleep, don't event remember when it was restarted last time :). Thanks for advice!

I cant get Fraps to work in this version 1.2.2 tried to frap a movie nonfull window mode.

wouldn't work.:joystick:

other than that beutiful work love the F15C new looks!

Radar seems to be working alot better in this version too.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Ok, I did a fresh install and tried the su25, that worked

Then I loaded the a10 tried it and that worked

Then I loaded the ka50 and everything is hosed again, it has to be something to do with the black shark 2 upgrade patch.

I'm going to reinstall from scratch again and not install the ka50 until somebody fixes this.

Very un-impressed :(

Virtual 9th Air Force Commanding Officer

http://www.virtual9thaf.com

Do you mean when the game is switching between Launcher.exe and DCS.exe? I will try to restart my PC today and see if it helps. Usually I put computer into sleep, don't event remember when it was restarted last time :). Thanks for advice!

Yeah, when you click fly and leave the menus, the DCS Splash comes up, then the Loading ground Objects, and Loading bars.

in between that time if you so much as click anything, input priority is set to desktop,

closing dcs completely doesnt resolve it, I have to reboot the entire system, sleeping isnt a reboot, you're dumping your ram and OS State to HDD and turning off everything, waking up turns everything back on and loads OS State from the HDD into the ram, so everything is still the same. Rebooting shuts down and terminates processes.

I realized this when I was constantly working on stuff, I constanly get on GoogleChrome while it's switching screens/loading, or hit refresh on it if its already open to check messages real quick, same thing with Skype or MSN, as soon as I do that, I lose Mouse Priority, I have to ALT-TAB out and back in EVERYTIME at mission start to have mouse controls.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I tried to do the automatic download, it started and stopped at 25%.

Retrying did not work the updater did not show up. I think you got to wait one day so it shows again. If it is not working automatically I'll give up because I am tired to download all new (too much time and my Internet is with sat dish, so rain or a cloud blocks it - it is no fun to download such large files. Still hope for the best. Want to fly not download .....

I had the same issue, one you stop the first download, you then have to run the auto update from the start menu. Otherwise DCS will just start and miss out the update. Just keep trying it will work eventually, took me 5 attempts. Not quite as painless as I was hoping but hey this is the first large update for the auto system, so was always bound to have a few teething issues. I'm sure it will get better as time passes.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I went straight to the auto update from start menu and updated DCS World and all modules in about 20 minutes (8mb connection).

No issues whatsoever for me.

I would suggest doing the auto update from the start menu without opening the sim.

Yes, this method worked for me as well. The Updater from the DCS World shortcut stalled when downloading, so I cancelled it. I then ran the Updater from the Start menu DCS shortcuts folder, and everything updated smoothly.

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

Okay, I downloaded the update using the auto-updater, everything seemed to be working fine (aside from massive loading time increases for the Ka-50) until I started a mission online with a buddy (who also used the updater).

After about 20 minutes on his server, my game (and only mine) crashed to desktop, it seemed odd so I asked a friend who said that he experienced something like it and just reinstalled from scratch.

I uninstalled DCS World and reinstalled using the newest downloadable versions, my buddy did the same thing and we then tested the online stablitiy again, this time, it waited about 40 minutes and crashed to desktop, no warning, no nothing ,just a crash to desktop.

I am about to test it again with a different mission but I imagine that I will get the same results, if so, it must be something wrong with the sim because it worked perfectly in the previous version.

Okay, I downloaded the update using the auto-updater, everything seemed to be working fine (aside from massive loading time increases for the Ka-50) until I started a mission online with a buddy (who also used the updater).

After about 20 minutes on his server, my game (and only mine) crashed to desktop, it seemed odd so I asked a friend who said that he experienced something like it and just reinstalled from scratch.

I uninstalled DCS World and reinstalled using the newest downloadable versions, my buddy did the same thing and we then tested the online stablitiy again, this time, it waited about 40 minutes and crashed to desktop, no warning, no nothing ,just a crash to desktop.

I am about to test it again with a different mission but I imagine that I will get the same results, if so, it must be something wrong with the sim because it worked perfectly in the previous version.

Same situation here. It mainly crashes when I use FC3 aircraft. If use Blackshark or A10 I don't get CTD or screen freezes very often. Single player I can fly for hours on everything....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit