FC3 AFM or SFM?

Hoo Argh! I see no purpose than .. I do not understand why keep the SFM? How can you just do a basic loop/stall or basic aerobatic/combat with a Mig29 or a SU27? I mean to a DCS level at list.. I hope the F15 has AFM.. :( Thanks for the info Nate..

Fly it like you stole it..

I do not understand why keep the SFM? How can you just do a basic loop/stall or basic aerobatic/combat with a Mig29 or a SU27? I mean to a DCS level at list.. I hope the F15 has AFM.. :( Thanks for the info Nate..

I think you don't understand just how much mork it is to make an AFM :music_whistling:

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

Yes I do understand ..

After many years! I'm just disappointed since I prefer to fly than fly a system.. Well I think we all are but it's the way it is.. ;) Thanks for the infos

Trust me I did make noise for it in FC3 as it was Lock Ons last Hurrah, but it wasn't economically viable.

Nate

I did download the FC3 and loaded but before to buy it I wanted to see How the F15 flew.. When you load the game with out the numbers you can still fly it but with out cockpit .. just for test and here we go trying to loop and clonk!!!! I'm stock mid air for about 3 or 4 second then the script.... I guess I'll stick with A10 and P51, Su25 ( which are outstanding ) .. The Su25T and vanilla deserve a real cockpit 3D.. Thanks I just wanted to add this.

Fly it like you stole it..

While configurating the controls, I tried all the birds. The flight model is tweaked compared with FC2. More fluid transitions and entering a stall is no more with scripted feeling.

Regarding the missiles AFM, surprise! :) No more point and shoot.

104th Cobra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm very sorry to say that it FC3 has terrible physics (IMO).

It's in no way comparable to the flight physics you will feel with the A-10, Ka-50, P-51 or Su-25. The Su-25 has very simplified systems but AFM at least.

I only tried the F-15 (beatifull cockpit by the way) but it's so arcade that I wont fly FC3, period. It's a beta but it's so bad that I don't think it can be improved to an acceptable level for final release (or later).

It actually feels like flying an Arma II plane inside DCS World, or worse.

There wont be open missions with FC3 planes in our squadron server.

Edited by JorgeIII

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

It is clear that the aircraft are all using the SFM method of flight modeling. But why do you all sound so surprised at this...everyone knew well ahead of time that the expectation was to not use an AFM. I'm sure they tweaked the tables here and there to make improvements but yeah the aircraft all pretty much fly the same with minor differences.

I was recently looking at some NASA control laws for their F-15 (modified from the F-15A) and they are pretty intense. The data is out there to develop a F-15A/C aerodynamics to a decent level but I can understand how much work that is.

Sure, the way all the aircraft "feel" is almost the same. You won't see the control laws specific to the SU-27 or the F-15, so they fly very similarly, but isn't that what we all knew?

I grabbed FC3 knowing full well it was FC2 dropped into DCS World with some goodies and for me that is worth the $40 so I can have all my favorite sims in one solution.

"Witness mere F-14s taking off from adjacent flight decks, gracefully canting left and right, afterburners flaming, and there’s something that sweeps you away—or at least it does me. And no amount of knowledge of the potential abuses of carrier task forces can affect the depth of that feeling. It simply speaks to another part of me. It doesn’t want recriminations or politics. It just wants to fly.”

― Carl Sagan