Installing on a new system - what's needed?

dennya

I rebuilt my system around Windows 8 and need to reinstall DCS from scratch. I bought the programs when they were stand-alone (A-10, Black Shark 1, etc.) and I understand they're now modules for DCS World. No problems there.

But what I'm curious about are Black Shark 2, which I bought the upgrade version of, and the Flaming Cliffs 3 beta.

1) Do I need to install the original Black Shark first?

2) Can I delete Black Shark after installing Black Shark 2?

3) I'm assuming you still have to install LOMAC before Flaming Cliffs 3. Can you delete LOMAC after installing FC3, since FC3 is now a DCS module?

Hi,

I am interested in getting Flaming Cliffs 3 and this post seems to be roughly the same topic.

I have BS2, A-10, DCS World, Combined Arms installed already but I have never owned any of the previous Flaming Cliffs or Lock On titles. I am struggling a bit to understand the dependencies with FC3.

From what I understand it is a DCS World module, but somehow needs to see a previous installation of LO:MAC too, which can then be deleted after installation of FC3 - is this correct?

My problem is trying to source LO:MAC as a download in the UK. I can get a boxed version from the US or from the second hand marketplace on Amazon.uk, but not as a download from the ED site it seems.

I think I must be missing something as I can't see why FC3 would require a 10 year old game to be installed first when it is a DCS World module anyway. Especially as the pre-requisite game is not available as a download. Is it just a case of ED wanting to make sure your purchased the original? If so, I would rather just pay a few more pounds for FC3 rather than go through the hassle of installing LO:MAC, or at the very least they could bundle them. Or, does it use resources from LO:MAC? If so, then fair enough!

The morale of this post is - Do I really need LO:MAC and if so, does anyone know where I can download a digital version?

Ps. I am not complaining about this, I am just struggling to see the reasoning behind it all.

Processor : Intel Core i7 7800X (3.8 - 4.2 GHz) . Motherboard : ASUS TUF X299 . Memory : 16Gb DDR4 1333 . Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super (+100 CC +700 MC) . Install : DCS on 500Gb SSD . Screen : 3440 x 1440 display with GSYNC . Control : TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro Pedals, Naturalpoint Track-IR . Software : VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro, DCS BIOS

I think I must be missing something as I can't see why FC3 would require a 10 year old game to be installed first when it is a DCS World module anyway
Ubisoft still holds legal rights to Lockon and its content, that's why you must own Lockon in order to use Flaming Cliffs, which is a further development of Lockon's content.

Ubisoft still holds legal rights to Lockon and its content, that's why you must own Lockon in order to use Flaming Cliffs, which is a further development of Lockon's content.

I see. OK, I get that then.

In this case does anyone know of a good download source for Lockon where I can purchase it from?

Processor : Intel Core i7 7800X (3.8 - 4.2 GHz) . Motherboard : ASUS TUF X299 . Memory : 16Gb DDR4 1333 . Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super (+100 CC +700 MC) . Install : DCS on 500Gb SSD . Screen : 3440 x 1440 display with GSYNC . Control : TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro Pedals, Naturalpoint Track-IR . Software : VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro, DCS BIOS

lol - thanks. That's ended now, but it was a DVD/CD version anyway, not digital download.

Edit - I have given up with trying to source a digital download and ordered a boxed version from ED's US Site.

Edited by Jedra