FC3 Questions for a Dummy

Ok, so I just got an email today about FC3 being available for purchase. I didn't even realize such a thing was in the works, so I apologize for the questions that probably everyone else already knows.

1. This is primarily FC2 with new missions, DCS environment, a bunch of nice tweaks, and the 6DOF Eagle?

2. It's online capable with all other forms of DCS, in the sense that I don't need to buy any other DCS product to play with all of the fast movers and such?

3. There's an online community again, of people doing ATA combat again, and it's not like one server of 4 people at best? Is there a server run by ED that will be the primary server, in order to get a whole lot of action going on?

4. Is it Win 8 compatible, or will it be by release time?

5. When I install it, I install Lock On, then FC, then FC3 and world?

6. Does DCS: combined arms fit into this at all, and if so does that include online play? I wouldn't mind controlling a SAM, or Shilka, or some such, but I haven't tried DCS:CA before and I'm not grasping how it really plays out from the description.

Thanks for your time!

--bb

Cant answer all of these but...

1. Its pretty much the FC2 content, but with the changes you mentioned and a few more.

2. DCS World takes care of the compatability and thats free, so yeah just buy FC3 if thats all you want to fly (Providing you have the original Lock-On or FC or FC2).

3. Doubt there will be any kind of ED Primary server, but i'm sure the online players will pick up a bit with the new content.

4. Unknown, but i would imagine so.

5. You only need one of them installed. So just installing the original Lock-On from the disk will be fine. This can then be uninstalled.

6. Yes DCS:CA will be compatible online. You can drive around in that Shilka till your hearts content (Just dont expect high fidelity ground models/graphics, this is after all a flight sim).

1. This is primarily FC2 with new missions, DCS environment, a bunch of nice tweaks, and the 6DOF Eagle?

No, there have also been changes to avionics of the russian birds, for example, the HSI now keeps showing Heading/distance to selected waypoint when you switch to A-A mode.

2. It's online capable with all other forms of DCS, in the sense that I don't need to buy any other DCS product to play with all of the fast movers and such?

Yes, at least if you mean the following.

If you buy FC 3 then you can fly;

F15C

A10A

MIG29 A, G and S

SU27

SU33

You can fly online missions whit people flying the A10C and KA50 for example, you however won't be able to fly those unless you buy it.

3. There's an online community again, of people doing ATA combat again, and it's not like one server of 4 people at best? Is there a server run by ED that will be the primary server, in order to get a whole lot of action going on?

No, ED will not be hosting a server, at least there are not any concrete plans known.

Don't you worry though, over time plenty of server will be available to the public including the 159th. But possibly also, 51st, 104th, 74th and others.

4. Is it Win 8 compatible, or will it be by release time?

From what i know Win 8 is not officially supported but from what i have read on the forums here it does work.

5. When I install it, I install Lock On, then FC, then FC3 and world?

No assuing you have NOTHING of ED installed;

Install Lock On and DCS World, order doesn't matter yet.

Then Install FC3

(if you already have Flaming Cliffs installed you don't need to install Lock On)

6. Does DCS: combined arms fit into this at all, and if so does that include online play? I wouldn't mind controlling a SAM, or Shilka, or some such, but I haven't tried DCS:CA before and I'm not grasping how it really plays out from the description.

Personal opinion. It only plays out well if you would do it together whit friends over teamspeak.

(for example, you sitting in a jeep acting as JTAC)

Just controlling a random SAM unit in online play in the hope's of shooting anything down.

Well, it will be a good test to see how patient you are.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

I will use this thread to ask my one question:

How is FC 3 mission/campaign wise? How many campaigns are there? Are the old FC 2.0 campaigns present in game?

Just had a look for you, there is an F15C campaign. And separate missions for all planes except MIG29G which is basically a German A anyways

No idea if the mission are totally new or ported from FC2 though cause i never fly single player.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)