Landing model still feels unchanged - scripted

Kenan

I must say I was looking forward to trying it out (when I read the announcement about improved landing/take offs) and was very dissapointed when I realized it's still feels the same (scripted) like in FC2.

Also, the taxiing still feels like skating on ice..

Anyone else got the same feeling or is it just me?

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

^^Yeah, well..I know..but it feels like no change at all, more like, added extra scripted skidding and that's it. I tried one wheel touchdown and it immediatelly glued itself onto runway..If it stays like this, I don't think it's worth mentioning it as a FC3 feature. I expected more from a 3rd installment of the series..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

I agree...it still feels very very scripted. It is nice to fly these simple planes (and fps is higher in these planes compared to the DCS ones)....but the landing and ground handling is just as same as Lock on.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

^^I really hope they improve on this..othervise, it feels like false advertising..

I have to agree. I hope this is the beta part showing through. I was really looking forward to ground dynamics similar to the A-10 and P-51 (and even the Black Shark). It may seem like an odd priority, but it was one of the features I was really looking forward to.

I get the feeling you'll find it has not yet been implemented.

Personally haven't seen anything speaking to that point, but if I'm wrong, somebody please correct me. With P-51D they told us things like War Emergency Power or the engine heat model were not initially implemented, so I'm sure if they left it out for whatever reason they would mention it. Maybe they're just lagging behind a little bit.

Everything seems to be a conspiracy with you doesn't it.

Yes it does. Especially if I pay for an announced (and important) feature that is completely missing. I like the idea it is yet to be implemented (beta and all) and would like to ask someone from ED confirm this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

Yes it does. Especially if I pay for an announced (and important) feature that is completely missing. I like the idea it is yet to be implemented (beta and all) and would like to ask someone from ED confirm this.

Don't you think an F15s wheels would turn if AFM was implemented?

Do you think ED suddenly made everybody redundant and hired 12 year olds?

It's nice you want to make a company accountable for what it says will happen, but until the product is finished, anything you say in the mean time sounds like an old person complaining because they saw some leg on a G rated program.

Just had my 1st sortie testing the Su-27 & HOTAS setup.. feel a bit disappointed. Does all feel very much like FC2 to me. I might do the same flight in FC2 to see if I can notice the difference, but as Op says.. landing, breaking etc all feels very rudimentary.

Missiles were doing some weird physics defying stuff too.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Don't you think an F15s wheels would turn if AFM was implemented?

Do you think ED suddenly made everybody redundant and hired 12 year olds?

It's nice you want to make a company accountable for what it says will happen, but until the product is finished, anything you say in the mean time sounds like an old person complaining because they saw some leg on a G rated program.

None of the aircraft in FC3 have actual AFM. It was always supposed to be SFM with less ridiculous landings. And if the wheels aren't even turning, yeah it shows they're still in a very much unfinished state, but this was kinda marketed as one of the major points of the update over FC2. Absent anything official about whether or not they have actually included it in this release, you have to think that even a beta would still implement one of the basic tenets of an upgrade like this in some form. Like they could implement it in an imperfect form and the touched-up version comes in the final release.

Also, the original release date was September; we're not far from mid-November. Why with an extra 5 weeks of development does the landing feel identical to the landing any of us experienced for the last 2 years? I haven't seen it firsthand, because in waiting all this time I ended up putting that $40 towards getting a copy of Halo 4 (which, if anyone was wondering about it, is awesome) and now I have to wait before picking up FC3. I'm sure eventually all of this stuff will get worked out, like it always has been, but it's still a little disappointing.

Bottom line though, there's clearly more than enough reason for some people to be upset here. Don't give them such a hard time.

Well I'm a sucker and still bought FC3 and after tryig MiG-29 quickly I can see there' no difference in ground handling at all... but I think the FM has been tweaked a bit... but I could be wrong as I haven't yet setup all input settings/axis

No longer active in DCS...

but until the product is finished, anything you say in the mean time sounds like an old person complaining because they saw some leg on a G rated program.

Well, if those old persons paid from their pension money not to see boobs on a G rated program, it's their every right to complain.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

I think people are a bit bent out of shape cause they realized that they paid $40 to see this screenshot.

attachment.php?attachmentid=72969&d=1352411187

But while I sympathize with their angst, I am not among them complaining because I saw this coming. Its a $40 DCS World compatibility patch with some tweaks, none of which really convince you that it was worth the price of admission.

I saw it coming and I made the consumer choice to not get it. I think more people need to think before they buy. Too many people on there forums just knee jerk "I WILL BUY ANYTHING YOU GUYS MAKE!" and that breeds a careless consumer culture which leads to angst over things many people could have warned you about. (Btw thats an actual quote I read today on these forums and I thought it was apt to the conversation)

I don't think FC3 is worth $40. If it were cheaper I'd say I'm all in for some interim fast movers til DCS Fighter comes out, but honestly... consumers brah, need to value their cash better. I'm not surprised by any of this, neither the product realities, nor the gobsmacked result of angry buyers.

There's more than enough info out there to know if this'll turn out worth your money. I think too many people just can't wait overnight for the reviews to come in and are paying the price for gambling before seeing the odds.

While there is a good argument to be made about the honour of sellers backing up their advertising and all that, what gamer ever believes the hype a game developer/publisher peddles implicitly? Anybody who's been around knows you doubt every features advertized until you get an unbiased opinion. Luckily many out there are reading this thread and making sober second choices about buying. I'm sure many will still pull the trigger, but at least they waited and made an informed choice instead of a jumpy giddy choice.

Edited by P*Funk
  • Like 5

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

Has there been a official confirmation on whether the AFM for takeoff/landing been implemented or will be implemented later during the beta phase? I am not disappointed because FC3 has finally made it into the world and it was much needed. :thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals