Version Check

K-Nadian

Since you post this in the DCS World forum, i presume that you run the DCS World & A-10C combo instead of the stand alone A-10C.

DCS World includes an auto updater since version 1.2.0.

Current version: 1.2.2.7122

You can check that in the lower right hand part of your main DCS World menu screen.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Lange, thanks for your reply. Yes silly me I should have specified, I am running A-10C WITHOUT the DCS world patch. So to clarify I dont have the World expansion. I do not know however, how many patches i should apply before downloading the world expansion. So... how do I figure out how many patches im missing? I dont see a version number in the bottom corner of the game.

Thanks

You don't need any patch, because you can't upgrade your current A-10C "stand alone" to the last version. Meaning you can't install things above your current installation to finally get the current up-to-date version.

You'll need to :

- download and install DCS World 1.2.2 (the new "core" of DCS)

- download an install the DCS A-10C module for DCS World 1.2.2

Install those in another folder than your previous DCS A-10C standalone version.

Your serial number/activation will work with that.

You can also uninstall your previous DCS A-10C standalone version, to gain so disk space, unless you think you'll need it for whatever purpose (e.g. keep playing in multiplayer with people who didn't get to World).

spacer.png

It is my understanding that you cannot use old control profiles from A-10C 1.1.1.1 or BS2 1.1.1.1 for DCS world, you will need to remake those (pain in the butt but not a huge deal), I also don't think your profile will shift over, I am not 100% sure about that one.

I am sure about the controls settings though, I believe the dev's said something to that effect.

DCS config files are not the same and cannot be copied and used from version 1.1.1.1.

However, once world is installed the new autoupdater creates a update folder for user files, so when a new patch is applied the folder can be copy and pasted to restore and config changes. Therefore, you should only have to update your config once unless you completely remove your saved games folder.