intalling FC3

jabber09

howdy,

I am having trouble installing FC3, I bought Lock On: Modern Air Combat through ubisoft's download. I downloaded, installed, and even went into the game. Got in, and then exited. Tried to register, and couldn't. It didn't work said I wasn't connected to the internet which I know isn't true because I was talking to my friends on Teamspeak and I am posting on this website. Oh well, try to bypass the registration and try to install FC3. No bones. Got the message that LOMAC 1.0, FC1 or FC 2 should be installed and activated. Great... So I haven't been able to instal FC3 yet. I saw another thread posted about this in the general discussion but didn't see anyone reply to this.

I am running Windows Vista service pack 2 64 bit. Not sure that makes a difference, but wanted to let y'all know. Is there a work around for this?

Yes, I am having the same problem. I am running Windows XP x64 Professional Edition.

I left a support ticket on the main DCS webpage. I have also included a screenshot of LOMAC running in a window while the FC3 installer tells me that LOMAC needs to be installed.

1254181275_FC3Install.thumb.JPG.f7b695c04b34e1651ab4699d74680271.JPG

Judging from the comments on the other thread, it sounds as though this might be a problem with the digital download version that is sold on the Ubisoft store, or else a problem with the FC3 installer recognizing that version.

This is a showstopper-level bug. This is not "landing gear aren't working" or some graphical glitch, this is "customers who paid for the game can't install it". If this is not their highest-priority bug fix then I would love to hear an explanation for why that is. I understand that their contract with Ubisoft requires them to release Flaming Cliffs as an add-on to LOMAC, but if Ubisoft's own version of LOMAC isn't providing the proper hooks for FC3 to recognize, then either ED needs to find some other way for FC3 to recognize the digital download version, or else they need to have a way to send an installer to those of us who can show that we've purchased the digital download version that doesn't require LOMAC.

Judging from the comments on the other thread, it sounds as though this might be a problem with the digital download version that is sold on the Ubisoft store, or else a problem with the FC3 installer recognizing that version.

This is a showstopper-level bug. This is not "landing gear aren't working" or some graphical glitch, this is "customers who paid for the game can't install it". If this is not their highest-priority bug fix then I would love to hear an explanation for why that is. I understand that their contract with Ubisoft requires them to release Flaming Cliffs as an add-on to LOMAC, but if Ubisoft's own version of LOMAC isn't providing the proper hooks for FC3 to recognize, then either ED needs to find some other way for FC3 to recognize the digital download version, or else they need to have a way to send an installer to those of us who can show that we've purchased the digital download version that doesn't require LOMAC.

You hit the nail on the head. i don't think its limited to the digital download. I have the CD re-issue Ver. of LOMAC 1.0 installed. And I can not install FC3. It IS a show stopper for sure.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7-7700K 4.5 Ghz AMD Vega 56 64GB DDR4 3200 500 GB WD Black NVME M.2 X4 SSD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One question: First post here, hello!

I just installed my old copy (CD) of LockOn.

Tried to register that one via the default install registry option before downloading the pre-release version of FC 3.

Told me I am not connected to the internet, which I was.

Would that be a good basis for a later install bug of FC 3 of a similar kind?

Thanks a lot.

Tom