DCS:FC3 SU-25A ?

FC3 is out now .. at list a Beta version .. I decided to pass on this one . but after thoughts .. What about the SU-25A ?

If I remember correctly It does have AFM and to me it is air worthy and can't say the same for the rest...

Flying the SU-25 series is a lot of fun and very well done imo. landing taking off , looping .. aerobatics etc.. make those two Su-25's very attractive beside the lack of good 3D cockpit .. I hope that DCS should give some TLC to those two since they almost have everything.. and well done.

Fly it like you stole it..

From the Russian forums a modder had been working on. Sadly the thread hasn't be updated in a long time.

leftpanel2.jpg

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=56137&page=10

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Su-25A has the AFM that was added with FC2. I don't know if things were tweaked with it from FC2>FC3.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Probably pointless by now, but I'm uploading a short Su-25 video recorded with FRAPS (which Paypal won't let me buy so it's the free version and there will be skips every 30 seconds).

Cockpit, external view, and some AFM demonstrations.

Uploading now.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Su-25A has AFM as it has had it since Lockon FC1. It is a great aircraft to fly (I prefer it to the T-version). It has better flight characteristics and better power/weight ratio than the T-frog. Moreover no fancy HUD, just steam gauges - but the aircraft flies like a dream. In clean configuration it is very sporty and you can do some serious AFM acrobatics with it. You just have to be cautious not to exceed maximum speed as it accelerates really fast :)

Su-25A is a great plane - but very old school...

Good T/W, serious bomb truck, laser guided weapons - but you have to have a bit of nerve to use them :)

Soaks up the damage - Probably got more combat sorties in real life than any other plane in the DCS world.

And - if you accept the fact it has no radar & only IR weapons - not bad for a bit of A2A - slap a couple of R-60 on that, sidewinders on an F-16 and take the AI on.

Cheers.

Thanks Exorcet.. this is what any FC3 aircraft should be jalouse of :) a nice stall head up with not lock script! rudders etc.. well everything.. It is inconceivable for me to use a SFM unless using it as a flying system weaponry... but I wont.. Some may like it ofcourse ..

After flying the SU-25 for a long time in the past it was "impossible" for me to come back into SFM aircraft .. As flying in real those AFM are pretty well made :)

Edited by theGozr

Fly it like you stole it..