A Note to All Customers

Hello,

A few things. ED was kind enough to release FC3 as BETA. They could have easily chosen to release when it was 100% ready, but IMHO, I believe they responded to the community asking for the BETA.

Now that we have it, our job isn't to crusify them for all the bugs found. Rather, we should be posting the bugs we find in the Bugs section in a kind and orderly fashion. Some of the posts I am seeing are filled with anger. These type of posts do no good.

As BETA 'testers', lets voice out concerns, but in a professional manner.

• Like 1

I agree, but unless i'm being paid, polite will have to suffice! :smilewink:

• Like 1

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

The problem here is communication. There is nothing wrong with releasing a beta, but if you look at the postings since release it might be a good idea now for ED to tell its customers what features are final and what is still subject to change and what parts they haven't even touched yet. Maybe some of the things that people are flipping out over will be changed in the future.

If ED could give us more info I suppose there would be a lot less anger and confusion in this part of the forum.

But the last couple of month ED has been pretty quiet and although I can in general understand why there are moments when some clarifications probably can't hurt.

Just my 2 cents, but with releasing the beta, its nice to get fresh eyes on issues. I know I have looked at it time and time again and I know I have missed things. So it is my hope and this again is my 2 cents, is that maybe some of you will find something we missed.

• Like 1

[sigpic][/sigpic]

US Air Force Retired, 1C371

No rank or title will ever be as important as the unit patch you wear.

I was under the impression FC3 will be launched as final release... gold...After all... is Lock On... modified in FC... FC2... modified in DCS FC3. From my POV and my distance (as a usual customer not beta tester or DCS forum adict) FC3 is FC2 (which is LOMAC+FC-FC) inserted in DCS World with a new F15 cockpit, Ricardo's textures on Su27 and AFM for ordnance. Ricardo's textures were a free mod... AFM is free for A10 and DCS in general... only the F15 cockpit remains and normal, usually free fixes after 10 years of development of same game. Maybe my perception is not perfect but this is how I perceived. if is wrong... the marketing of this product didn't help at all.

If a beta is released... with money... then it should be at a discount... especially if is after all an update of an update of a game.

I don't know... ED can choose whatever they want as business model but IMHO this one has no big future.

Everyone is free to appreciate his own work but efficiency is required everywhere and when a product which is an... as I said... update of an update of a game is released unclear in beta stage at full price... frustration is going to ensue. And many people will not be satisfied.

My advice... ED should look at Wargaming and Gaijin for a different business model that can bring continuous revenue without any stress of unsatisfied customers due to beta testing on money. And I mean lots of people not just 500 fans.

Yes ED wants to build a study sim. That is OK... more than OK... but...

DCS World with free SU25T (which I payed gladly when FC was released) was a good step. FC3 I'm afraid is a step back.

time will tell.

Pls don't throw stones... I'm just a customer that will hold for a while from buying FC3.

Edited by zaelu
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I was under the impression FC3 will be launched as final release... gold...After all... is Lock On... modified in FC... FC2... modified in DCS FC3. From my POV and my distance (as a usual customer not beta tester or DCS forum adict) FC3 is FC2 (which is LOMAC+FC-FC).

If a beta is released... with money... then it should be at a discount... especially if is after all an update of an update of a game.

I don't know... ED can choose whatever they want as business model but IMHO this one has no big future.

Everyone is free to appreciate his own work but efficiency is required everywhere and when a product which is an... as I said... update of an update of a game is released unclear in beta stage at full price... frustration is going to ensue. And many people will not be satisfied.

My advice... ED should look at Wargaming and Gaijin for a different business model that can bring continuous revenue without any stress of unsatisfied customers due to beta testing on money. And I mean lots of people not just 500 fans.

Yes ED wants to build a study sim. That is OK... more than OK... but...

DCS World with free SU25T (which I payed gladly when FC was released) was a good step. FC3 I'm afraid is a step back.

time will tell.

Pls don't throw stones... I'm just a customer that will hold for a while from buying FC3.

I think you do not understand it well. FC3 is not direct sequel to FC2, but rather implementation of FC-2 aircraft within DCS World with all benefits that DCS World brings for FC3 aircraft. In the end you get 8 new flyable DCSW aircraft including AFM Su-25A with high poly external model. I am not afraid that I pre-purchased the beta as I am confident that ED will iron out all the bugs (as it has been done with A-10C) and in the meantime I can fly fast movers and AFM Su-25A within DCS World and online.

AFM is free for A10 and DCS in general

Actually it's not. AFM must be done on a per plane basis. In other words, the FC3 planes could not just "plug in" to AFM. ED would have had to make 6 more AFM models, and 5 of these would have had to included supersonic flight which would make the more challenging.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Hello,

A few things. ED was kind enough to release FC3 as BETA. They could have easily chosen to release when it was 100% ready, but IMHO, I believe they responded to the community asking for the BETA.

Now that we have it, our job isn't to crusify them for all the bugs found. Rather, we should be posting the bugs we find in the Bugs section in a kind and orderly fashion. Some of the posts I am seeing are filled with anger. These type of posts do no good.

I believe ED already have people designated to admonish customers. But if a vacancy should open I am sure you'd make an excellent candidate.

The biggest problem here is ED's lack of communication with the community.

If they told us "Ok. here's the beta, but some features are yet to be implemented." it would have made a huge difference: no panic posts by people who bought it and asking what happened to this or that and the overall atmosphere would be a lot less "heated".

I would like Matt or someone from ED confirm us that this is suppoed to be like that, that the next updates will include the features that were announced. If that happens, I'll be a happy customer, knowing it's a work in progress. BUT, since we weren't told anything like that, hence all the confusion.

So, what was so difficult to add in the release announcement "This is beta, some of the features, like improved landing physics/ground handling are not yet implemented."?

That's the problem with ED. Lack of regular updates / communication with the community.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

The biggest problem here is ED's lack of communication with the community.

If they told us "Ok. here's the beta, but some features are yet to be implemented." it would have made a huge difference: no panic posts by people who bought it and asking what happened to this or that and the overall atmosphere would be a lot less "heated".

I would like Matt or someone from ED confirm us that this is suppoed to be like that, that the next updates will include the features that were announced. If that happens, I'll be a happy customer, knowing it's a work in progress. BUT, since we weren't told anything like that, hence all the confusion.

So, what was so difficult to add in the release announcement "This is beta, some of the features, like improved landing physics/ground handling are not yet implemented."?

That's the problem with ED. Lack of regular updates / communication with the community.

I won't post angry but dear god man....

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Hello!

One thing I don't understand, why is it possible to share the AFM of the Su-25T with the Su-25A but not between the two A-10 versions (A-10A and A-10C)? I think their flight characteristics are more similar to each other than the one of the two Su-25s since they have the same airframe.

The AFM of Su25T is not the same as Su25. They are very very different. AFM uses a bunch of physics parameters and modelling that means a remodelling of the complete system...and then the model existing in game cannot make use of the potential of that model. To use AFM, I would imagine they have to model everything...the aerodymanics of the wing, the drag coefficients etc...and all that takes time and effort.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Meh, I understand that the term "beta" means that by definition not all features are implemented yet. Problem is, one feature that has not been implemented is allowing people who have purchased the digital download of LOMAC to install FC3. Even while LOMAC is running I still get the message from the FC3 installer that LOMAC must be installed.

So like I said, I wouldn't complain about bugs or features that aren't yet implemented in a beta release, especially the first public beta release, but I will complain about showstopper-level bugs that prevent legitimate users who have purchased the product from installing it.

So far the only bug that I am able to report is that FC3 refuses to find my installed copy of LOMAC, and so the FC3 module installer won't even run. There's a thread here where several people have stated that they have the same problem.

perhaps a workaround : I had the same problem. I uninstalled my LOMAC and reinstalled it and it then recognized it fine. It took 10 minutes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

perhaps a workaround : I had the same problem. I uninstalled my LOMAC and reinstalled it and it then recognized it fine. It took 10 minutes.

Already tried that. Are you using the CD version of LOMAC or the digital download from the Ubisoft store? So far the one thing all of the complaints have in common is that the digital download version is the one being used.