How to add new skins for FC3? Su27/33

I'm looking at adding skins for FC3. But things are a little different to how they are in Ka-50 & A10c in regards to liveries.

In \Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\Liveries you have the skins.

But in FC3 i cant see the skins or understand how they are loaded from the description.lua files.

FC3 description.lua file:

livery = {
}
name = "standard-1 navy"
id = 2
countries = {
"RUS",
}

DCS flyable description.lua file:

livery = {
{"A-10C_PAINT_1-a", 0 ,"A-10C_103th_621_1-a",true};
{"A-10C_PAINT_1-b", 0 ,"A-10C_103th_621_1-b",true};
{"A-10C_PAINT_1-c", 0 ,"A-10C_103th_621_1-c",true};
{"A-10C_PAINT_1-d", 0 ,"A-10C_103th_621_1-d",true};
{"A-10C_PAINT_1-e", 0 ,"A-10C_103th_621_1-e",true};
{"A-10C_PAINT_1-f", 0 ,"A-10C_103th_621_1-f",true};
{"A-10C_PAINT_1-g", 0 ,"A-10C_74th FS_1-g",true};
{"A-10C_PAINT_1-h", 0 ,"A-10C_81st FS(SP)_1-h",true};
{"A-10C_PAINT_1-i", 0 ,"A-10C_74th FS_1-i",true};
{"A-10C_PAINT_1-j", 0 ,"A-10C_74th FS_1-j",true};
{"A-10C_PAINT_1-k", 0 ,"A-10C_74th FS_1-k",true};
{"A-10C_PAINT_1-L", 0 ,"A-10C_81st FS(SP)_1-L",true};
{"A-10_Number", 0 ,"empty",true};
{"A-10_Number_Noze_F", 0 ,"empty",true};
{"A-10_Number_Noze_T", 0 ,"empty",true};
{"A-10_Number_Wheel", 0 ,"empty",true};

}
countries = {"USA"}

Does anyone know how this all works? Ideally i don't just want to add bmp files to the temp folder, but install custom skins correctly in dds via the description.lua file.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Good question, I spent a while trying to figure it out but I couldn't. So I had to resort to using the temp textures method.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Add new skins can not, you can replace the existing ones. Put the files in a folder bazar/TempTextures

Do you know where the default skins are.. i cant even find them!

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

This is exactly how I installed our squad skins for the SU-33 by renaming the textures and putting them in \bazar\temptexture

I had to dig in \bazar\word\textures\texturebmpX.zip to find the appropriate texture that I wanted to replace in a specific slot.

Be careful how you rename them and the type of texture used. It has to be in DDS format and you have to rename them with a .bmp at the end in the fliename only not type.

example

mytexturefile.bmp (in DDS format)

Speed is life !!!

Cheers lads.

Ideally i want to figure out how to add skins via the lua file, not overwrite. But will have a look for original files so i know what i'm dealing with.

Flanker if i cant find them i'll ask again.. thanks mate.

@MadTommy

You will not be over writing any files. On the contrary, you'll be adding new files in \bazar\temptexture. The program reads the textures first from temptextures before loading them from the zip files under \bazar\world\textures

If you find a way to add them via the lua file you'll be my hero :)

Speed is life !!!

@MadTommy

You will not be over writing any files. On the contrary, you'll be adding new files in \bazar\temptexture. The program reads the textures first from temptextures before loading them from the zip files under \bazar\world\textures

Yeah i meant overwrite the skin.. not the file directly. I understand how the temp location works.. it gets loaded last and therefore supersedes the default file, rather than overwrite it.

Cheers.

@MadTommy

Add new skins, not to replace the standard, it is impossible. I consulted with 3D artists from ED:(

Add new skins, not to replace the standard, it is impossible. I consulted with 3D artists from ED:(

Thank you! I wont waste my time :)

• 2 weeks later...