Auto air refuel

mnrty

Hello, i have a couple of questions on this auto refuel stuff in FC3.

First of all, is there any way of turning it off?

second, is it a bug that you get disconnected and cant connect in a turn or is it supposed to be this way..?

Also, not sure if this goes under the category Flaming cliffs or DCS:world. So i just posted it here.

Thanks in advance

Mnrty

Edited by mnrty

I'm not sure what you mean by "turning it off."

As for being able to refuel in a turn- yes, you can... though of course it can be tricky. Don't forget to "reset" after a disconnect with your flight stick "pinky" switch. You'll see the light on the top right of your hud say "ready" or "disconnect" I believe it is- if it's on disconnect, hit the said pinky switch and it will return to ready. At this time you can go ahead and reconnect.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Oh thanks mate, i Really should be more spesific, im sorry, The auto refuel stuff happens if you have FC3 and try to get fuel in a F-15 (atleast this happend in a F-15). Then as soon as i get connected it's jusmping into auto mode where i cant do anyyhing, and when the tanker turns, i cant turn my plane myself, and the auto thing dosen't either. kinda annoying :P

But again, my bad for a poor post.

Edited by mnrty

I'm having the same problem. I have not found a way to turn it off. I assumed that it would be found under Options/Special. That was where the P-51 Rudder Assist was located. But no more. The only Special tab is for the Ka50 trimmer. Invariably someone will cry "beta!" but that doesn't explain the missing P-51 tab.

Edited by Smokin Hole

Oh thanks mate, i Really should be more spesific, im sorry, The auto refuel stuff happens if you have FC3 and try to get fuel in a F-15 (atleast this happend in a F-15). Then as soon as i get connected it's jusmping into auto mode where i cant do anyyhing, and when the tanker turns, i cant turn my plane myself, and the auto thing dosen't either. kinda annoying :P

But again, my bad for a poor post.

The behaviour you described is the way things were in FC2. I don't really expect this to have changed (since it is not on any change list), and must therefore assumed that you described the normal behaviour for the F-15 in FC3.

So, the F-15C cannot refuel in a turn, and the refueling is under autopilot once the contact is made.

This is not so in the Su-33, where the refueling is entirely manual. As for refueling in a turn, I have observed opposing behaviours. Some times I have managed to refuel in a turn, and other times the tanker would go wings level as soon as contact was made (which, since they used to be very violent in their maneuvering, would almost inevitably end up as a disconnect).

Do tankers still make insane maneuvering ? (I know they don't in A-10C, is the behaviour ported to FC3, including for the Russians ?)

Also, what I would like (including in the A-10C) is the tanker giving a heads-up call before entering a turn. I don't like how they don't bother to tell anyone to prepare for the turn :doh:

Hello mate, and thanks for that answer!

I never really played FC2 that muck really, so i wouldn't know.

The turning of the tanker in FC3 is the same as in the A-10.. Then that goes on my wishlist of things! Would be a much funnier sim for me if i could do it manually. (since there isn't much to learn except air to air tactics)

Also, what I would like (including in the A-10C) is the tanker giving a heads-up call before entering a turn. I don't like how they don't bother to tell anyone to prepare for the turn

I know!! and when he does turn im overcorrecting like a fool, ending in a broken boom or a burning tanker! :pilotfly:

I don't yet have FC3, but would really appreciate the tanker informing the players when he's entering or exiting a turn. I am no better or worse at refueling when the tanker is turning. You just line up with the tanker all the same. My problems come when transitioning from straight to turning or vice-versa.

You've flown with me. I end every mission with ejection. :D

haha yeah excacly! i think i have a good screenshot of one of the times in here yes ;)

EDIT; @rusty, same scenario here, it's not that more difficult to tank i a turn, as long as the guy flying the tanker gives you a hint of when he is lvling off.. but since he dosen't, im wrecking booms

Edited by mnrty