DCS World 1.2.2 no response..

ckek

Did you select to fly a Mig-29 (S) FC3 mission?

If yes, load them into the mission editor and save them again, overwriting the original.

Then go flying...

If it was not a Mig-29 mission you selected, then i have no clue but perhaps you can try if the above works.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Depends on the load of the server i guess.

Took quite a while yesterday then it broke off with a server overload message.

But on retry, it picked up where it broke off and from then on it went fairly quick regarding the traffic.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Cannot install 1.2.2

Hi,

I have downloaded the updates from the website,

Will not install over the previous 1.2.1.6228,,,can cause imported models to fail...or similar message

Tried update, it checks files downloads, the says cannot install, previously terminated by user....no I didnt!

So am I better off, logging the key's off both ka50 and a-10 uninstalling the lot then putting dcs world back on and starting again...

Well whaddyo know, it installed after the 4th attempt using the update.exe from start menu as previously suggested here , THANK YOU Gents

Flyingscotsman

Tried update, it checks files downloads, the says cannot install, previously terminated by user....no I didnt!
Perhaps you didn't respond to the Windows UAC prompt at the end of the download, which is required to apply the update. If you don't respond to it within a certain period, it cancels itself and DCS cannot apply the update.

As you noticed, the solution is to run DCS update again. It uses the files that were previously downloaded so you don't waste time there.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the quick reply, Shaker. I went to the start menu under Eagle Dynamics/DCS World but the repair and update options are not listed. I am at a loss now. Here is what I have done so far: I managed to dowload LOMAC and FC1 and both work fine. I then tried to download FC2 but some reason the 1-bin file was not recognized when I clickex on the .exe file. The error message kept telling me that 1-bin was missing and insert cd 1 eventhough the bin file was clearly visible.*I then installed DCS World, CA, and A-10c with non problem. Next I attempted to install FC3. I got an error message stating that FC3 could not be installed on an older version of DCS World and that I could fix the problem by clicking on the DCS World repair functi. Now, I am unable to find the repair function. My knowledge of computers is slim to none. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You first need to find where you installed DCS World, below is the path to my installation which is NOT the default location. I would assume it would be Program Files\DCS World\etc etc...... What you need to find is the DCS_updater.exe in the bin directory. Once there right click and create a shortcut. Then right-click on the shortcut you have created and select properties. In the target field you will want to type repair so that it appears as below. Then execute that shortcut. As you can see mine is on my I: drive but yours will most likely reside on your c: drive in program files.

"I:\DCS World\DCS World\bin\DCS_updater.exe" repair

Voodoo, if you have problem with a .bin (or any other type) file you downloaded, the first thing to do is to check if the downloaded file is OK.

Two ways to do that:

- Assume the downloaded file is not OK, drop it, and re-download (you still won't be sure the newly downloaded file is OK).

- Don't assume anything, but do check the file:

--- First thing is to check the size of the file. If its size does not match the published size, your download went wront, re-try a new download.

--- If the file size appears correct, but you still got a problem using it, you have a way to be pretty sure : the MD5 sum check. ED published the MD5 signatures of the files to download on the download page (here). Use a MD5 tool (software) to check the MD5 sum of the file you downloaded. If it does not match with the one published by ED, then you're sure your download went wrong somewhere. Re-download the file until you got a matching MD5 (= a correct file).

++

Az'

spacer.png

Well, I finally got FC2 to install. DCS World on the other hand is a no go. I did the MD5 check sum more times than I can remember and and I still get the same pop up " Pleass insert Disk 1 and click OK. If the files on the disk can be found in a folde other than the one displyed below, enter the correct path or click browse". when I click "OK" I get this error: the file "DCS_World_release _en1.2.2.7570_69(9)-1-bin" could not be located in "F:\DCS World". Please insert the correct disk or select another folder.

Need some more help on this one.

the file "DCS_World_release _en1.2.2.7570_69(9)-1-bin" could not be located in "F:\DCS World".

That right there is already indicative of a problem - incorrect file description.

Are all 4 files in one folder? Could you post a screenshot of the folder with files so we can check the files? Easiest just to keep the folder with files on the desktop and install from there.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'