a suggestion for content for the p51d

PDM

I would suggest that ed should do a similar project like they did with fc. instead make it ww2 based. make a simple but not too simple planeset but something very basic based off some of the ww2 planes. along with a ww2 map make some basic planes for example make a bf 109g model but not call it a g model just call it a BF109. that way in future development somoene can go and make a more accurate module of a 109G. so here is what i think would be a great idea.

make a package similar to flamming cliffs 3 but instead include 3 fighters (maybe more later)

- A6m (based of the a6m type 52)

- BF109 (based of the bf 109g)

- Spitefire (based of the spitfire IXe)

and maybe include a ww2 map like Italy or English channel. I think if ED would make a package like this it would bring alot of people into the DCS world and the 3rd party developers would take interest into making ww2 aircraft.

I would suggest to make cockpits clickable, but then again im not sure how much work could be done.

Now i would like to hear from people if ED made a package like this would you buy this for $39.99

I would be very happy to myself.

well the whole purpose is the give the p51 some ww2 content. it would open doors for more developed planeset. and give 3rd party developers an incentive to make some ww2 content. even if they just give us a bunch of AI planes and a new map i would still be VERY happy.

Not a bad idea as also FC3 is not a hardcore simulation but a simplified one and anybody screams for flying together an ultra complex A-10C and a simple A-10A online for example. Anyway I guess ED team is not so big and have other things in mind to afford something like that from scratch.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I hate this idea. Survey sims, by necessity, are not very realistic. I enjoy realistic flight simulators, not less-than-realistic sim-games. This is why I have no intention of buying Flaming Cliffs 3. If we got a bunch of less-than-realistic Second World War fighters, then I fear we would be less likely to get them realistically modelled. I'd so much rather have a small number of well-modelled WWII fighters than a large number of poorly-modelled ones.