DCS FC3 Questions & Answers Thread

Milene

My guess would be that FC3 updated to the same version, when you used the Updater to update DCS World. The updater does update all the modules to the most current version, after all.

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

My guess would be that FC3 updated to the same version, when you used the Updater to update DCS World. The updater does update all the modules to the most current version, after all.

You're right. it does update all INSTALLED modules to the latest version.

But what if, like me, you launched DCS World yesterday and let it update, and then decided to download FC3 today? You'd be stuck. Like me. And scorpion80.

That's a bit of an issue. You can manually go back to 1.2.2.7122, then install FC3, then update. Just back up your missions, tracks, and controls.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I read that this expands the map into east Georgia. How does this work? Is it available yet? Are there screenshots? Will this be available for DCS World in general or is it restricted to owners of FC3? I do not see east Georgia missions ever gaining popularity if the map is not generally available.

FC2 had a more little map than DCS World.

FC3, being a DCS World module, expands the map (for an FC pilot's point of view).

=> FC3 map = DCS World map.

My DCS World version is 1.2.2.7286. The current FC3 version available for download is 1.2.2.7122. I can't install this version into DCS World. Any idea when the 1.2.2.7286 version of FC3 will be available for download?

Please refer to workaround solution explained here.

spacer.png

Guys, do you find Eagle with that new cockpit any more demanding than old style cockpits? I guess there is performance hit, but I mean if it's not 30fps down or something like that.

It seems a lot of great stuff coming to DCS, but I don't want to struggle with FPS like I did in FSX, even though I have decent computer at the moment.

/I forgot to add I'm not flying FC3 yet, so just curious.

Edited by GeorgeLKMT

Im kind of lost against a wall of information.

I dont own FC2, but own other DCS modules like the A10 and CA.

If im reading correctly i also need to own FC2 to be able to use FC3 in DCS world on a server, is that right?

Theres stated that FC2 needs to be installed prior to FC3, is FC2 included when i purchase the FC3 module?

If no, then im correct that the FC2 price will come on top of the FC3 module right?

Im so confused....

• Like 1

Im kind of lost against a wall of information.

I dont own FC2, but own other DCS modules like the A10 and CA.

If im reading correctly i also need to own FC2 to be able to use FC3 in DCS world on a server, is that right?

Theres stated that FC2 needs to be installed prior to FC3, is FC2 included when i purchase the FC3 module?

If no, then im correct that the FC2 price will come on top of the FC3 module right?

Im so confused....

You just need Lock On, it's stated elsswhere that you need a copy of LOMAC or Flaming Cliff but since FC requires LOMAC to run, well, in the end you only need LOMAC (that's because of an agreement between Ubisoft - Lomac editors - and ED concerning expansions)

And IIRC you don't even need it to be installed on your computer, just put the disc in your CD/DVD drive.

Edited by Eight Ball

And IIRC you don't even need it to be installed on your computer, just put the disc in your CD/DVD drive.

So, you could confirm that I don't need to install LOMAC on the same PC of the DCS World. I need only the original cd that will be requested during the FC3 activation?

Any version of LOMAC (any language and also Platinum edition)?

How to turn off auxiliary windows in easy-avionics mode?

Hi ,

I have just purchased Flamming Cliffs 3 beta, and I just think its wonderfull.

I normally play it with easy-avionics mode to be able to use the lock-next-aircraft shorcut key. In addition, I also hide the cockpit to have a better view for dogfights.

However the auxiliary windows at the top-right and bottom-right (for the enhanced situation and radar respectively) they just take to much space in my opinion.

How can I turn them off and leave the easy-avionics on?

Good evening !

I have two questions :

1. How to stop the small mouvement of the camera in F2 view ?

2. How to do a patrol of 4 aircraft ? because, in LOMAC, we could make patrol of 4, now, there is only UNIT, and the 4 aircraft are away.

Thanks !

Sheppard smilewink.gif

Will we be able to expect any sort of SAR radar modes to be modeled for FC3 Aircraft to use radar guided AGMs such as the AGM-84 and Kh-31A?

None of the FC3 aircraft are able to carry the AGM-84, but I'm not familiar with the Russian flyables and the Kh-31A. Anyways, I'm quite sure a synthetic aperture radar mode is totally unnecessary to launch either of those weapons. It would be a much simpler radar mode like "SEA" in the F-16 (the water-friendly version of GM).

If and when they do add a dedicated anti-ship missile (hopefully with the upcoming DCS Fighter), I'm sure the launching aircraft will be suitably equipped in avionics as well.

• Like 1

Eh, Sorry Pyro -for some reason I totally thought the F-16 was flyable in FC3, as the F-16C Block 52 could reasonably be expected to be able to carry 2 AGM-84s depending on the country operating it. I remember the glory days of Flanker 1.0 and using the radar to look out several miles away and pick a building I wanted to not be there any more.. oh the days... *wistful tear*

(I've been a flanker fan since the Su-33 in USNF, so the Su-27/33 in FC3 was what sold me on it)

1. Left Shift + J

2. Don't understand your question, you mean in the mission editor ?

BTW, are you Marc Sheppard ? From JVC and Youtube ?

Hello !

Ok, thanks.

For my second question, yes, in the mission editor. We can only change the number of the unit, but not the nomber of aircraft in.

And no, I am not Marc Sheppard.

Sheppard smilewink.gif

Edited by Sheppard

trouble with FC3 campaign TARCAP mission

Good morning officers!

I've been having troubles with the F-15 mission where you have to provide cover for a flight of F-15E's on their way to bomb an airfield. needles ro say the airfield is heavily defended by SAMs amd enemy AC.

my broblem is - even if you made it through the wall of MiGs, the SEAD flights doesn't do their job and the SAMs keep firing at you (until you eventually got hit) and the F-15E's just keep buzzing around the airfield without making a bomb run. so, the airfield stays alive and keep sending up fighters that eventually kill the F-15E's, the SAMs keep firing and your mission is a failure.

so how do i win this situation?

ANY TIPS?

SB11

CPU: intel Core i7 9700K ~ 3.6 GHZ , nVidia RTX2060 SUPER, 32GB 3300 Mhz RAM, DELL 24" LED. Windows 10

....the 3 others aircrafts are far away.

Which is normal for a Combat formation. They are however still your wingmen.

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'