F-15C RL gun lock gives out a tone?

Kenan

Please check out this video: (starting from 4:33)

Looks like real F15C in gun mode, once the target is "locked" gives out a tone.

If this indeed is the case, what are the chances of this being implemented in the final FC3 release?

Or is this perhaps an aiming/sim pod being engaged?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

I'm not getting that. its quit to me..

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

There is no mention of a tone in the manuals, but that doesn't mean it isn't real. However, there's nothing to say that someone didn't add it for the drama - note the clip is from a cancelled reality show.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It could be just a tone for photo/video purposes to fixate when the pilot presses and releases the trigger.

I have seen both the Russian and Western air forces utilize this principle for training purposes.

That was my thought as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

:smartass: Shoot, Iron Eagle had Lock On For Guns... it Must Be Real.....

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Anyone?

Does our F-15C have that mode?

Uh no, but it shoots real nice!

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Sounds like AOA tone in an FA18 to me. Never flown the Eagle but there was no tone with Gun ACQ lock in the F18. i cant see why you would want a tone to indicate lock anyway the change in HUD symbolgy is unmistakeable.

The tone we are hearing is recorded whenever the trigger is down.

This way, the crews can verify their gun kills later on while watching them.

Its a training "Kill confirm" tone. Nothing else! :smilewink:

The Lock was times before.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.