Major FFB Issue?

Hey there!

I've updated to 1.2.2 yesterday and did some testing in the last hours. Aside of another few bugs, there's a major problem with my G940 - the FFB axes are swapped. For example, when I trim right, the stick goes aft instead.

I tried to fix this by checking the "SWAP AXIS" option, but it cures only pitch axis, roll trim is reversed then - I trim left, stick goes right and vice-versa.

Removing "Config" folder in "Saved Games" and then setting the controls from stratch didn't resolved the issue. In 1.2.1, everything worked just fine.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: Tested with BS2, A-10C and P-51D with same results.

Edited by Rotorhead

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here. What I find interesting is when I use the key command inputs for trim, like r control + , for left trim, it still does it, almost like the key commands themselves are mapped wrong, but in the controls section they are set up the right way.

Same here.

I think, the trim axis are mixed up and for the G940 guys it´s just more obvious.

Rock 'n' Roll!

Henning

Same here. What I find interesting is when I use the key command inputs for trim, like r control + , for left trim, it still does it, almost like the key commands themselves are mapped wrong, but in the controls section they are set up the right way.

Nope, nothing seems wrong with the key mapping. When I start an A-10 mission, and activate the control axes indicator (RCtrl+Enter), I can clearly see the trim diamond (the small one) moving exactly where i trim.

I even tried to fly with FFB off, and the trim itself performed as it should - trim left and hold the stick centered -> your plane rolls to the left. It's the way the sim handles FFB trim what is broken, and it affects all modules.

With all due respect to ED team, I don't get how this could get trough the testing process. It's already second time when DCS "update" effectively keeps me from flying it. First it was 1.2.0 update, that absolutely killed performance on my old system, and I was grounded until I got myself a new one. Now, 1.2.2 took my wigs away from me again. It's not funny anymore.

its happening with the KA-50

when turning on the trim wit the G940

the trim moves your stick fully to the left

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic90574_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Australasian Gaming Community

Specs: Intel Quad 2.4GHz -- Geforce GTX 560 Duo -- SSD HDD -- 8Gb Mem -- 23" led -- 17"touch -- Logitech G940 Flight System --JoyLocs-- TIR 5 -- Cougar MFD'S -- Helios -

Mustang trimming with G940 trim wheels is messed up too.

But trim wheels in cockpit work as intended, don't they? I mean, when you turn the trim wheel on you G940 for nose down, the virtual trim wheel in the cockpit goes nose down, too. It's only your stick what goes sideways instead of forward, right?

If it's the case, and I believe it is, then it only proves my theory that there is bug in the commands that DCS sends towards joystick motors.

But trim wheels in cockpit work as intended, don't they? I mean, when you turn the trim wheel on you G940 for nose down, the virtual trim wheel in the cockpit goes nose down, too. It's only your stick what goes sideways instead of forward, right?

If it's the case, and I believe it is, then it only proves my theory that there is bug in the commands that DCS sends towards joystick motors.

Exactly :thumbup:

its happening with the KA-50

when turning on the trim wit the G940

the trim moves your stick fully to the left

it is happening with Su-25A and Su-25T too - so it probably affects all craft in DCSW (G940 owner). FFB axis don't correspond to real trim axis, basically preventing to fly with FFB.

it is happening with Su-25A and Su-25T too - so it probably affects all craft in DCSW (G940 owner). FFB axis don't correspond to real trim axis, basically preventing to fly with FFB.

Spot on. This seems like general issue that affects everybody with FFB joystick (at least I haven't seen single person posting that their FFB works).

I've said it before and I'll say it again: How can such a critical bug slip trough testing?! Maybe because all testers use TM Warthogs and nobody cares about FFB users? If so, it's not very good testing process, is it?

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but I'm just sick of all those "updates". I'd better spend my time flying in DCS than ranting on this forum, but... :thumbdown:

Yep

I also confirm this bug.. I have the G940

Until fix.. I remapped my trim controls. In cockpit the trim hat on the stick (A-10) is moving wrong but my joystick is behaving correctly

Edited by sumerion

ASUS P7P55D - i5@3.8 - 8GB RAM - ATI6950 2GB - Logitech G940 - TIR 5

I hope I'm going to be proved wrong here, However; I'll wadger that the ED team will fail to address the problem pubicaly. It is a "Vendor thing!" now...good luck guys..I'm with the Wart Hog HOTAS. I had to switch from the X-52 Pro to the WH HOTAS do to issues that kept me from using the X-52 and the "Speed Keys" device after the 106 patch. The Dev team never could conferm or deny that the sun ever came up on this subject. Seriously I hope you'all have some resolve here, "Good Luck!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This seems like general issue that affects everybody with FFB joystick (at least I haven't seen single person posting that their FFB works).

The thing is, AFAIK it works correctly for the MS Sidewinder 2. The G940 has been dodgy in quite a few regards (i should know, i owned one myself until it died after 2 months of hardly using it).

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but I'm just sick of all those "updates". I'd better spend my time flying in DCS than ranting on this forum, but... :thumbdown:

By all means, stay on one version then, nobody is forcing you to update, no?

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!