Major FFB Issue?

pffff I have found it, there are presets in game, sim and general, these presets are not working together and that couses a fatal problem to control the plane. I have deleted everything in game, sim, and general and make only in sim a new configuration that solve this problem.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now grounded for over a month.

I´m not into software development, but I wonder how hard can it be, to fix something, that worked perfectly before?

I bought ALL modules, just to show my support, now please support me :helpsmilie:

I would like to take to the skies again, without wondering, what my stick is up to :joystick: (at least, now I know, what this smiley really means!)

Rock 'n' Roll!

Henning

Sorry if this has been tried before, but I was just wondering if the "swapaxes" declaration of the forcefeedback section in the device profile could do something to change this?

For example the start of my device profile looks like this:

C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\ka-50\joystick\Thrustmaster Combined {....}.lua

function layout()
return {
forceFeedback = {
	trimmer = 1,
	shake = 0.5,
	swapAxes = false,
},
keyCommands = {
...<snip>

Please fix the KA-50 bugs :-)

Black Shark: Controller profile & setup, TrackIR profile, pit.

Warthog HOTAS: Lubing the stick and extending the stick.

Posts on howto customize switches in DCS &

Must-have mods for DCS World and KA-50 (mostly JSGME).

Casual couch pilot, watching capped.tv...

Sorry if this has been tried before, but I was just wondering if the "swapaxes" declaration of the forcefeedback section in the device profile could do something to change this?

I suppose it has the same effect as ticking "SWAP AXES" selection box in DCSW menu.

It fixes front / aft movement, but left / right movement stays inverted IIRC.

Seriously, I doubt that we'll get fix before Christmas.

...maybe Santa Claus brings us back a working FFB-Support for Christmas (2012)...

a gift which we already know "whats inside" but in spite of everything a gift which makes us very happy...

We all were too well-behaved this year so this should be no problem i think:music_whistling:

Regards

Terrorvogel

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

...maybe Santa Claus brings us back a working FFB-Support for Christmas (2012)...

a gift which we already know "whats inside" but in spite of everything a gift which makes us very happy...

We all were too well-behaved this year so this should be no problem i think:music_whistling:

Regards

Terrorvogel

I hope so, 2 weeks of vacation and being grounded ........

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz OC 4.9 GHz

8,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 686MHz (9-9-9-24)

ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (LGA1155)

GeForce GTX 780

Creative Sound Blaster Z

Logitech Proteus Core Mouse

Logitech G19S

Logitech G940 (heavily modded)

Thrustmaster MFCD-Bevels

1 x Samsung T27B300

2 x ASUS VW224

@PeterP

Thank you for that link!

I have already seen this link but i can´t use this solution, because i can´t set the trim button (like others) because all of my switches (except the FBB-unit and axis of course) inside the G940 were connected to a seperated Leo Bodnar USB-unit.

What we do all simply need is a true solution from ED. It is nice and remarkable that users care about ED´s problems with tools like that but this can not be the right way - that should be clear.

What makes me really angry is, that ED meanwhile does not care for so many important things, like in earlier days and it seems the most important thing now, is to make one unfinished one module after other. Fast money at simultanious reduced support and product quality. Sorry to say that but in my sight its the truth. I would rather pay some more and get a particularly finished working high-quality product with adequate framerates.

I don´t know when BS1 was exactly released but this must be for some years now and what i´m "running" on my computer is a still not finished product with some elementary bugs!:mad:

Nonetheless thank you PeterP for trying helping :)

Regards

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

Hey there!

I've updated to 1.2.2 yesterday and did some testing in the last hours. Aside of another few bugs, there's a major problem with my G940 - the FFB axes are swapped. For example, when I trim right, the stick goes aft instead.

I tried to fix this by checking the "SWAP AXIS" option, but it cures only pitch axis, roll trim is reversed then - I trim left, stick goes right and vice-versa.

Removing "Config" folder in "Saved Games" and then setting the controls from stratch didn't resolved the issue. In 1.2.1, everything worked just fine.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: Tested with BS2, A-10C and P-51D with same results.

Can't you first SWAP the PITCH and ROLL AXIS (that fixes pitch axis), then REVERSE (or is it called INVERSE) the ROLL axis (that should fix the reversing)?

No longer active in DCS...

Kuky, that would not only give them inverse feedback behaviour, but also a inverse axis response. :)

As far as i have understood, it's the feedback that is the wrong way around, not the response. Besides, this begs the question whether at current implementation that wouldn't also switch the FFB again, so they would get correct FFB but wrong response. It's wrong whichever way you turn it.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

i suppose that modules like a-10 and FC3 just get a higher attention from ed... i think they earned enough with BS2, so why stick to it... maybe, hopefully not... its disappointing...

ED told in one or two threads to this topic, that we all should have patience... in my opinion in a very unsympathetic way... dont get me wrong i received a lot of help in this forum from them - and fast as well - but according to the G940-FFB-Problem something is going the wrong way...

but maybe it is just a very difficult problem to be solved... if this would be the case i would have understandig for this...im looking forward, hearing something from ed to this case

Can you fly without FFB till its fixed? What I mean is, I know it would be nice to use it if you have a HOTAS with FFB, but then again I've been flying DCS with broken HDR and few other things for quite a few months (actually 1-2 years) when using multiple monitors and I don't think it's really a show stopper.. as I can still fly with good settings, but just without HDR etc.

So if you CAN fly without FFB it's not really that you can't fly at all.

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

Can you fly without FFB till its fixed?

Off course I can. But as I mentioned earlier, using FFB stick without FFB removes all of its advantages and keeps only its flaws.

For fixed-wings, it is possible to re-map trim commands (as also mentioned), and for BS, there's a little app from "average pilot" to fix it (brilliant idea, btw:thumbup:)

But none of these solutions is ideal. The only right way is to have it finally fixed in-sim.

EDIT: I've spent looong time flying without HDR on my old system (it prevented my poor old GPU from melting), and I believe there's a huge difference between flying with HDR off, and flying with not well working stick.

Edited by Rotorhead

and I believe there's a huge difference between flying with HDR off, and flying with not well working stick.

+1

Regards

Terrorvogel

Can you fly without FFB till its fixed? What I mean is, I know it would be nice to use it if you have a HOTAS with FFB, but then again I've been flying DCS with broken HDR and few other things for quite a few months (actually 1-2 years) when using multiple monitors and I don't think it's really a show stopper.. as I can still fly with good settings, but just without HDR etc.

So if you CAN fly without FFB it's not really that you can't fly at all.

Kuky,

believe me - the G940 guys are right when they say it's a mayor issue.

Once you have flown the Ka-50 with FFB and Force-Trim you can't simply switch back to the non-ffb trimmer method.

- once you have flown with proper FFB you would fully understand that it is a difference like night and day.

Comparing FFB with HDR isn't the right example,

a much better analogy would be to imagine that you cant use your Track-IR properly any more (lets imagine up/down axis is swapped).

I'm just so lucky that I use a MSSFFB2 setup and that I'm not affected from this bug.

If FFB would be broken for the MSFFB2 too, I also wouldn't touch the Ka-50 any more - before I'm forced to fly without FFB and to re-learn to move my stick in silly ways, - I would rather Fly MSFSX helicopters.

So I can fully understand that the G940 users get angry and express it here in the forum.

These guys don't need a workaround or alternative, they need a fix.

Edit:

The Best what ED could do before this fix is ready:

Provide a Upload-link for a 1.2.1 version,

so they have at least the ability to fly without this bug in single-player.

Edited by PeterP

Not only that's a big difference between FF enabled and disabled.

I, and many other, paid a lot of money for:

a) the G940

b) DCS World and the different modules

c) some of us hardware to mod the G940 for mainly DCS

Those who modded the G940 also spend a lot of time for doing this, just to enjoy the sim much more.

Then, FF get broken by an update. To make things much more complicated it's not possible to roll back the damned thing to a state the FF was working (another unfinished "Feature" of DCS!)

I'am sick of workarounds for a bug which wasn't in a paid product before. If DCS-World, KA-50, etc would still be officially in beta-status, I could understand.

I could only hope you get this fixed before Christmas!!

2 weeks of vacation and being grounded just because a bad QM ....

If I would work like this, I would have been fired long ago!!

Edit:

+1 for Terrorvogel and PeterP

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz OC 4.9 GHz

8,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 686MHz (9-9-9-24)

ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (LGA1155)

GeForce GTX 780

Creative Sound Blaster Z

Logitech Proteus Core Mouse

Logitech G19S

Logitech G940 (heavily modded)

Thrustmaster MFCD-Bevels

1 x Samsung T27B300

2 x ASUS VW224