Major FFB Issue?

If I would work like this, I would have been fired long ago!!

Don't go there. Criticism is ok but insinuating that the devs are incompetent is not. They have to work under constraints that you don't know the least bit about, so let's just leave it at that.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think that is a very accurate or fair way to look upon this situation. All 3 of titles are now basically integrated into the DCS world core. So realistically fixing flaws in the core improves everybody's situation. Beyond that it is then down to handling bugs that exist per air-frame. You may notice the Bugs and Problems section for the KA-50 is significantly shorter than that of any other modules. This reflects there either being less bug for it, or less being reported.

i suppose that modules like a-10 and FC3 just get a higher attention from ed... i think they earned enough with BS2, so why stick to it... maybe, hopefully not... its disappointing...

ED told in one or two threads to this topic, that we all should have patience... in my opinion in a very unsympathetic way... dont get me wrong i received a lot of help in this forum from them - and fast as well - but according to the G940-FFB-Problem something is going the wrong way...

but maybe it is just a very difficult problem to be solved... if this would be the case i would have understandig for this...im looking forward, hearing something from ed to this case

Don't go there. Criticism is ok but insinuating that the devs are incompetent is not. They have to work under constraints that you don't know the least bit about, so let's just leave it at that.

I don't say they are incompetent.

If they would be, we wouldn't have DCS at all.

But if anyone of my customers not use a feature in his hardware just because I made a mistake, I would fix it ASAP. No matter if I have to work even on Sundays, or just roll back to an earlier Version.

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz OC 4.9 GHz

8,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 686MHz (9-9-9-24)

ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (LGA1155)

GeForce GTX 780

Creative Sound Blaster Z

Logitech Proteus Core Mouse

Logitech G19S

Logitech G940 (heavily modded)

Thrustmaster MFCD-Bevels

1 x Samsung T27B300

2 x ASUS VW224

I'm very disappointed. the problem has been here too long for us G940 users. For SU25T pilots, there is an additonal bug where the plane rolls left in addition to the trim bugs in SU25T and KA50. I opened a ticket for these the day 1.2.2 came out but still nothing. In addition, all tickets I've opened for 1.2.1 were closed without being addressed albeit they were minor. The 1.2.2 G940 bug is really a grounding issue for many as there was no problem for years with FC/FC2/BS1/BS2 until 1.2.2 came out. It's just not the same flying without FF on because the default centering spring strength is too strong on the G940 and I just cannot get used to it after all the years of flying with FF on. I mean the sim feels completely different and not fun anymore. I really hope ED fixes this with high priority.

But if anyone of my customers not use a feature in his hardware just because I made a mistake, I would fix it ASAP. No matter if I have to work even on Sundays, or just roll back to an earlier Version.

Again, there are other things that need fixing too. I can empathize that it is hard for you to look at the big picture, but ressources are sparse and need to be directed with care. Bugs are simply a reality of non critical software, especially in a product so complex.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Again, there are other things that need fixing too. I can empathize that it is hard for you to look at the big picture, but ressources are sparse and need to be directed with care. Bugs are simply a reality of non critical software, especially in a product so complex.

OK, just to say it in my native language:

"Du hasch Recht, und I' mei' Ruh'"!!

GeForce GTX 780

Creative Sound Blaster Z

Logitech G19S

Thrustmaster MFCD-Bevels

1 x Samsung T27B300

2 x ASUS VW224

I am pretty sure that everybody on this forum understands this. We all know that ED guys are doing their best, and that their work is not easy.

But, what I am concerned about:

1. I still don't get how this obvious bug could ever made it trough the testing phase.

2. It took one week for ED to even officially acknowledge the issue.

3. We are waiting for more than one month now, and we don't even know if this issue will be fixed in the next version.

We understand what are you saying, Sobek, but am I the only one here who thinks that things like that should not happen to professional software developer?

I completely understand this and I support ED a lot, but I would happily trade all fixes done so far just for fixing the FFB bug as it prevents me to fly (use the software) completely.

I completely understand this and I support ED a lot, but I would happily trade all fixes done so far just for fixing the FFB bug as it prevents me to fly (use the software) completely.

+1, I'm angry G940 user too :cry:

The only "fix" so far is to turn off force feedback in the game settings. Works fine for A-10, takes some getting used to if your used to FFB in the shark.

Bit of a ridiculous bug really, but whatever.

Haha! ;) This "fix" sounds to me like going to the doctor because you have pain in one hand.

...The doctor looks at your arm and cuts it off!

Than the doctor asks you if your hand is still hurting .

:D

:lol:

Edited by Suchacz

+100

(...) Bugs are simply a reality of non critical software, especially in a product so complex.

Sorry but this is not just an ordinary bug of the kind that is triggered occasionally by a complex set of conditions or that marginally affects the functionality of a software product. What is particularly frustrating (besides the simple fact that BS pilots are effectively grounded, see posts above) is that the FFB in previous versions back to the original BS and A-10 was perfectly functional before the bug's sudden appearance in 1.2.2, which could not even be explained (as far as we know) by, for example, an attempt to add features or correct a compatibility issue with another device. Why oh why did they break for no apparent good reason a critical feature that was working before ?

As a programmer, it is simply incomprehensible to me that ED cannot fix rapidly something that looks suspiciously like a simple sign error or index mismatch in a couple of lines of code. Just a diff between the 1.2.1 and 1.2.2 source files for the FFB subsystem should probably indicate what broke its functionality. But, is there someone still working on the DCS core ? I can't help noticing that the provisional list of fixes for the next update is mostly about object (missiles etc) performance data, scripting engine and mission editor features, i.e. things that probably live outside of the core engine of the simulator. Is this speculation ? Yes, but you are welcome to blame my frustration for it.

• Like 1

5800X3D - 6950XT - Pico 4

BUGS BUGS BUGS (But None On The Windshield)

I am having severe trouble trimming with my G940. Everytime I trim it kicks my stick to the left.

And then there is this

attachment.php?attachmentid=74991&d=1356062938

I hope ED gets rid of these bugs soon.

Crash.thumb.JPG.608e99ad32a0472e4935e94d83fffe51.JPG

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1

I cant play anymore since I'm one of the G940 users affected with this and simply put I won't buy anything more until it's fixed. It is as simple as that! If I can't use it I won't but I will not spend more money either.

In retrospect it was, perhaps, a mistake to buy the Logitech set but it is done and in the past.

I have it and I will not buy another HOTAS since I don't wan't to spend that kind of money again and thus I hope ED will correct this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

As a programmer, it is simply incomprehensible to me that ED cannot fix rapidly something that looks suspiciously like a simple sign error or index mismatch in a couple of lines of code. Just a diff between the 1.2.1 and 1.2.2 source files for the FFB subsystem should probably indicate what broke its functionality.

Since the problem only appears for the g940, it is not something in the general FFB implementation. I know that this won't put me on best terms with you, but the G940 has been troublesome before.

Edited by sobek

Come let's eat grandpa!

+1

I cant play anymore since I'm one of the G940 users affected with this and simply put I won't buy anything more until it's fixed. It is as simple as that! If I can't use it I won't but I will not spend more money either.

In retrospect it was, perhaps, a mistake to buy the Logitech set but it is done and in the past.

I have it and I will not buy another HOTAS since I don't wan't to spend that kind of money again and thus I hope ED will correct this.

+1

Downloaded the FC3 module already, but I won't buy it till this bug is sorted out.

A few years ago Ubisoft had a real annoying bug in Splinter Cell 3. I asked for a fix on the forums and a moderator said why should we fix it, there is a workaround. Since then I never bought a Ubisoft game again!!

ED is on the very same way again.

Since the problem only appears for the g940, it is not something in the general FFB implementation. I know that this won't put me on best terms with you, but the G940 has been troublesome before.

Then give us the damned (sorry) possibility to roll the installation back to a point where FFB was working flawlessly. The updater is another piece of software which seems very beta, if not to say alpha, to me.

GeForce GTX 780

Creative Sound Blaster Z

Logitech G19S

Thrustmaster MFCD-Bevels

1 x Samsung T27B300

2 x ASUS VW224

The updater is another piece of software which seems very beta, if not to say alpha, to me.

That is because it is.

That said, you'd be well advised to keep the forum posting rules, in particular 1.10, in mind where future posts are concerned. The matter is known and is being attended to.

Keep it courteus and constructive.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Sobek,

Well, maybe you are right about the throttle reversal bug in the G940 firmware. I had this stick for 4 days as it hit the shelf - and that send it back.

Why on earth this has something to do with FFB that was working before?

When reading your post's to these theme I get the impression that you just want to tell the FFB users , that they are not a relevant fraction of customer and this bug can be negligibility because it doesn't effect sales.

Is my impression right?

..and further : Do you write it in your position as a Moderator or is this only your personal opinion? (it would be maybe helpful to make this clear)

And last question: Do you ever used FFB with the Black Shark ?

And,

I know that this won't put me on best terms with you, but the DCS and BlackShark-FFB has been troublesome before.

>>>BS2 trim and FFB2 broken

That is because it is.

That said, you'd be well advised to keep the forum posting rules, in particular 1.10, in mind where future posts are concerned. The matter is known and is being attended to.

Keep it courteus and constructive.

In other words you will tell me to invest some more of my hard earned money in a bigger HDD to make backups of every installation in case the Beta-Software we are forced to use in a paid product do something weird?

GeForce GTX 780

Creative Sound Blaster Z

Logitech G19S

Thrustmaster MFCD-Bevels

1 x Samsung T27B300

2 x ASUS VW224

The G940 hardware and software (drivers) did not change between 1.2.1 and 1.2.2.

DCS did.

___

PS. I have to admit that the first part of your second sentence made me smile, though. Thx for that ;)

• Like 1

5800X3D - 6950XT - Pico 4

Why on earth this has something to do with FFB that was working before?

Again, from what i can deduct, the G940 is a little "special" not only in the way that it handles its signal processing, but also in how it interfaces with games. I don't know the code so take from that what you will.

Is my impression right?

No, i am merely trying to put some sense into what is happening (that is, why it might be taking so long, why it happened in the first place, etc.) for people affected. There have been some quick jumps to conclude that this is all EDs fault, well, you need to consider that there seem to be factors that make the G940 harder to support than the Sidewinder, e.g.

And last question: Do you ever used FFB with the Black Shark ?

Yes, i used a MSSWFFB2 exclusively for about 2 years before buying into HOTAS systems.

Come let's eat grandpa!

How is it then possible that it has worked for all FFB sticks prior to 1.2.2 and now it is broken. Also G940 is a major FFB stick around and most of the sim people use either G940 or non FFB sticks as it is really the only FFB hotas on market. As a programmer I just can't imagine it is a difficult fix as it can be partially fixed through GUI and few lines of code swapping FFB axes for G940 correctly or just rolling FFB handling back to 1.2.1 version would do it.

Again, from what i can deduct, the G940 is a little "special" not only in the way that it handles its signal processing, but also in how it interfaces with games. I don't know the code so take from that what you will.

No, i am merely trying to put some sense into what is happening (that is, why it might be taking so long, why it happened in the first place, etc.) for people affected. There have been some quick jumps to conclude that this is all EDs fault, well, you need to consider that there seem to be factors that make the G940 harder to support than the Sidewinder, e.g.

Yes, i used a MSSWFFB2 exclusively for about 2 years before buying into HOTAS systems.

Sorry, but the MSSWFFB2 is a stick of the past and is not produced anymore, G940 is the only current HOTAS FFB stick around - so I think that it should be given proper support.

DCS did.

And yet the Sidewinder still works. I don't know how two sticks that are both compatible to DirectInput can even react differently to the same FFB implementation, since AFAIK that would be the point of being compatible to DirectInput.

Anyways, there really is no point in this discussion, guys. The devs are aware and will tend to the problem when their resources permit.

Come let's eat grandpa!

I don't know how two sticks that are both compatible to DirectInput can even react differently to the same FFB implementation, since AFAIK that would be the point of being compatible to DirectInput

I don't know the code so take from that what you will.

How can you know it's the same FFB implementation, if you don't know the code?

Let me ask a simple question (to go a little constructive here).

Do anyone of your employees in the QM use a G940?

If not, there would be some guys around willing to test new code for ya, I'm sure.

Even I did.

Edited by Ensi Ferrum

GeForce GTX 780

Creative Sound Blaster Z

Logitech G19S

Thrustmaster MFCD-Bevels

1 x Samsung T27B300

2 x ASUS VW224

In other words you will tell me to invest some more of my hard earned money in a bigger HDD to make backups of every installation in case the Beta-Software we are forced to use in a paid product do something weird?

No.

I told you that the issue is being attended to. Be patient.

I also told you to be courteus and constructive with any future commentary you might have on the subject, this obviously applying to ALL participants to this discussion.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'