v1.2.2 - 1st impressions

msalama

That's strange- our crashes are down quite a bit... but yes, sadly we're still crashing occasionally. I'm thinking a part of it may be because of servman script errors now with 1.2.2- so I'm cautious to get too worried about it.

One of the dev team guys was saying the script errors shouldn't be causing a crash and I'm confident he's probably right. Either way, I'm going to work through that gradually and if we have to remove that function to test the theory... well then so be it.

We are seeing some issues about bringing 1.2.2 functionality into older missions- so make sure you save the earlier missions with the 1.2.2 mission editor BEFORE making changes. That should help somewhat... or at least remove doubt.

KA-50 has been causing us grief as well in 1.2.1- not sure about right now... haven't had our normal pilots in using that platform as often as before.

Make sure you're all in LAN speed setting in the multiplayer options menu... that's a common fix for a lot of disconnect problems.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Maybe it's another placebo effect, but I could swear that it's much easier spotting other aircraft from the cockpit now.

Seems like you can see them from a little further away, and they look just a bit 'fuller' to me.

I think so too. I was surprised that the F-15's boresight mode was very useful on its instant action mission... WITHOUT LABELS! At first I thought I was locking the bigger bombers. When I looked at the replay I was surprised it's the SU-27's I boresighted.

I can also spot faraway SU-27's and F-4s as tiny pixels although Mig-29's and F-16's aren't as easy to see WVR as the bigger planes. I guess that's what real pilots say in WVR. :)

Did they implement some sort of smart scaling like Falcon? :p

i5 2500K @ 4.2GHz | GTX 470 | 8GB DDR3 @ 1600

Looking pretty good to me too! All things being equal, it seems I have slightly better FPS. About 10-20% from the look of it so far. I might even try dropping settings to get to that coveted 60fps, I was striving for a consistent 30 before.

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

I think so too. I was surprised that the F-15's boresight mode was very useful on its instant action mission... WITHOUT LABELS! At first I thought I was locking the bigger bombers. When I looked at the replay I was surprised it's the SU-27's I boresighted.

I can also spot faraway SU-27's and F-4s as tiny pixels although Mig-29's and F-16's aren't as easy to see WVR as the bigger planes. I guess that's what real pilots say in WVR. :)

Did they implement some sort of smart scaling like Falcon? :p

Funny you mention this... I did some mucking around with Flanker to check out rockets and bombs and as I was passing some ground units I thought their scale was off... they appeared larger up close somehow as if there really is scaling in game. Also I was able to spot F-14 from 15km I think which I wasn't able to do before... before sometimes I even had difficulty seeing aircraft only few km away.

About this I think ED did some improvement and I applaud that :thumbup:

No longer active in DCS...

1.2.2 Update has FFB Trim Issues! If you trim vertically the stick moves horizontally so on. This needs to be corrected ASAP. Help ED and DCS! Im using a G940!

Agreed, as it stands all aircraft are unflyable from a realistic standpoint if you wish to use trim. The only way around it is to disable ffb in game, set trim forces to 0 then set spring centreing effect in the g940 specific game settings panel to your chosen amount.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Find us at http://virtual-roulettes.forumotion.com/

Funny you mention this... I did some mucking around with Flanker to check out rockets and bombs and as I was passing some ground units I thought their scale was off... they appeared larger up close somehow as if there really is scaling in game. Also I was able to spot F-14 from 15km I think which I wasn't able to do before... before sometimes I even had difficulty seeing aircraft only few km away.

About this I think ED did some improvement and I applaud that :thumbup:

I hope it's not placebo but I notice that my AA missiles do a 'glint' at some point in their flight. I can also usually spot missile smoke trails at medium ranges so that helps in my avoidance (or I no longer get surprised as much when I'm hit).

I tried doing the Sitting Ducks mission in the A-10c but I really couldn't say if the ground objects are more visible. I can spot them with the eye, yes, but I haven't compared with the previous versions.

i5 2500K @ 4.2GHz | GTX 470 | 8GB DDR3 @ 1600

Today I first tried the A-10C DCS in World 1.2.2. 7204 version at the end of the mission - in debrief, I see that the AI non-stop run and stops the engine. Does this in any way affect the performance?

Screen_121113_203833.thumb.jpg.fe98e3cb726d9e2bcae61681c3e25013.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...