DCSW: Slow autoupdate to 1.2.2

dooom

I began to run the autoupdater this morning when i saw fc3 out. That was 5 hours ago...

I am only 2/3 the way green on the downloading updates bar.... is this normal?? anyone else have this and will i screw something up if i kill updater in task manager/reboot and try again?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

That seems way out of line to me for any type of connection better than dial up.. Not rubbing it in- just saying that I think something is caddy-whompous here. I ran it about 630 AM this morning- no issues at all that I know of. Done in about 10 maybe 15 minutes. It reset all the default axis and buttons, but that's easy enough to correct. (Have not flown as of now)

yeah i have 4 MBPS download and 2.5 upload...

i just rebooted and same thing.

guess i'll go take a nap.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Instead of using the Autoupdate option (which pops up when you launch DCS World), use the updater (shortcut found in your Start menu under Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/Update DCS World).

I also had problems with a very slow updating process via the auto-updater, which I eventually cancelled. Running the updater separately was much faster and worked with no problems whatsoever.

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

Instead of using the Autoupdate option (which pops up when you launch DCS World), use the updater (shortcut found in your Start menu under Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/Update DCS World).

I also had problems with a very slow updating process via the auto-updater, which I eventually cancelled. Running the updater separately was much faster and worked with no problems whatsoever.

Tried that " DCS-World/Bin/DCS-updater.exe " still no go...:music_whistling:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

Did you just double-click the .exe in the /bin folder or did you use the provided link in the start menu? If you check the properties of this link you will notice that the .exe is launched with the "update" parameter, which will not happen if you double-click the .exe

Did you just double-click the .exe in the /bin folder or did you use the provided link in the start menu? If you check the properties of this link you will notice that the .exe is launched with the "update" parameter, which will not happen if you double-click the .exe

Never mind I think I solved it..

Edited by Double_D

[/Table]

You need to run DCS_updater.exe with a parameter, as KillaALF explained. When you run it without parameters it will only occasionally check for updates and otherwise launch the game. To force updates to be downloaded, the parameter "update" must be specified. The full path is thus:

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\DCS_updater.exe" update

There should be a link in the Start menu for this.

You need to run DCS_updater.exe with a parameter, as KillaALF explained. When you run it without parameters it will only occasionally check for updates and otherwise launch the game. To force updates to be downloaded, the parameter "update" must be specified. The full path is thus:

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\DCS_updater.exe" update

There should be a link in the Start menu for this.

Nah, just went into Start Up\All Programs then Eagle Dynamic's and you see the DCS-World updater..click that and its updating now...

Edited...

Now this sucks....just updated and now again DCS-World crashes to desk top...Version 1.2.1 worked great before update...frustrating...

DCS-World(Multiplayer) works fine...but DCS-World crashes...puzzling...

Edited by Double_D

[/Table]