Helios for A-10 Warthog and Ka-50 Black Shark at same time

works great thanks. I have found that although my world install is on my f drive the filepath for helios is to my c drive but who cares it works in a10/bs2&fc3 so I'm a happy bunny.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

Great work here Loophole. Any love for the Huey planned, or do they need the init. files to even export (out of my depth here. :huh:)

I'm not so interested in the gauges, but radio frequencies /warning panel etc. would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys...

well, i'm glad it works for you - but once again not for me...

A10 and BS2 are working fine, but not FC3.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong?

I put the "new" Export.lua in C:/User/Saved Games/DCS/Scripts

in helios i set up the path from Flaming Cliffs 2 to my game-path (pic below)

helios-fc3.thumb.JPG.6bb104cb2940fa3249a02a6f2171c54e.JPG

AND STILL NOT WORKING - why??? :(

helios-fc3-2.thumb.JPG.e33a983ea4de6518733306ccaba47cbe.JPG

Edited by LNR212

When you say "C:/User/Saved Games/DCS/Scripts", do you really mean "C:/Users/(your user name here)/Saved Games/DCS/Scripts" ?

And is the path to DCS World correct? You have installed it to a non-default location? My path to DCS in the Helios FC2 interface is "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World", which is the default location it installs to.

My testing and verification for the script has only been to run up an F-15 mission and an Su-25 mission, while running an adjusted version of the "Eagle pit v2.2" in Helios, and verifying that the gauges respond.

hey Loophole!

first of all, i'm not really sure what i am doing here with all those files :music_whistling:

my install is not default on C:, its on D:/Spiele/DCS World.

Your modified export.lua is in D:\Spiele\DCS World\Config\Export

I'm a bit confused, because your file works just fine for me with A10 and BS2 (both pointed in Helios to D:/Spiele/DCS World).

Edited by LNR212

lnr212,

These days the Export.lua file needs to go into your C:/Users/(your user name here)/Saved Games/DCS/Scripts folder. The C:/Users/(your user name here)/Saved Games/DCS folder is is where DCS stores all your personal configuration information, so that it does not get overwritten whenever an update is installed.

The DCS path you specify to Helios in the Profile Editor is actually irrelevant if you manually install the Export.lua file. Helios only uses that path to write it's version of Export.lua (which is not my modified version, and these days should reside in your user/Saved Games/DCS folder anyway). Bottom line is just put the file in the path as described above, and don't tell Helios to configure anything to do with the Export.Lua for you!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Loophole. .. It's me again ;)

I made a new install of my whole DCS:W. I put your Export File where you told me. A10 and BS works, F15 not.

Wtf am i doing wrong?? I use a Fc2 Profile from gadrocs website...

:huh:

Edit:

OK,OK, wait... i have an idea... maybe i should install FC2 first?!? :megalol::lol:

Edited by LNR212

...nah... still not working :mad:

i've done this:

DCS:W is on a new install as its default

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World

your export.lua is now here:

C:\Users\LmyUsername\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua

in the Helios Profile editor i have done NOTHING (set path...)

-> STILL NOT WORKING :huh:

Edited by LNR212

• 2 weeks later...
hey Loophole!

first of all, i'm not really sure what i am doing here with all those files :music_whistling:

my install is not default on C:, its on D:/Spiele/DCS World.

Your modified export.lua is in D:\Spiele\DCS World\Config\Export

I'm a bit confused, because your file works just fine for me with A10 and BS2 (both pointed in Helios to D:/Spiele/DCS World).

Put export.lua in C:/Users/(your user name here)/Saved Games/DCS/Scripts"

Open helios editor... load your profile and add interface FC2 !

I'm having issues with this too...dropped it in the Scripts folder under my user name as described before, and the only profile working is A-10C. I've deleted and added the interfaces for BS2 and FC2 on both of their respective profiles, but so far no dice.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

• 3 months later...

Just getting back into this during the winter and purchased FC3 during their sale. I tested your script and it works fine with my current FC2 skin on my secondary PC and touchscreen. I guess I need to go back and see if I am missing any of the possible gauges.

Now I need to look into exporting the Radar and other items. Thanks for your work.

Edited by OverDhill

Thank you Loophole for your work. I have FC3 working with my FC2 skin. I went through and verified all the gauges and the only one that was off is the AoA. It is reading 12 degrees high all the time so I looked in the script and found

SendData("16", string.format("%.2f", 12 + (aoa * 57.3)) )

So I changed that line by taking out the 12 + and now it is reading the same as the FC3 instrument panel.

It is too bad that Helios doesn't support the CDU/CLP for FC3. I know the LoGetMCPState works as I tested it out in Touchbuddy and Snacko's updated Export file for TB he provided. Touchbuddy also renders the TEWS which is nice but it does not do all the gauges that Helios has. I also see the Touchbuddy provided the Weapons Payload Information (LoGetPayloadInfo). These were working in FC2 so I am not sure why Helios did not support them for FC2.

It seems like the Caution Lights Panel (CDU) is down played as you can hardly see it even with TrackIR so I suppose its no big deal.

I am just wondering what else can be exported from FC3 that is not currently being sent.

Edited by OverDhill

• 1 month later...

I am just wondering what else can be exported from FC3 that is not currently being sent.

The list of fnctions provided in the Export.lua explanation page on DCS site, there are plenty of stuff, but Helios interface for FC2 is very imited. I wonder if there any reference for Helios patrameters as variable number = variable in Helios interface.

In the file attached in the first message of this thread there is no export of the slipball. I see the variable in FC2 interface list in Helios, but dont know the number in order to modify the Export.lua accordingly. Anyway I think I will try to cheat Helios using variable numbers from DCS A10 interface to pass the data from FC3 F15C. I will post if I will make any progress.

Excellent! If you have success, may I incorporate your improvements into my file?

Sure, sure! I have taken your file to make the experiments and modifications. I will post it back when there will be any success.

P.S. Pity that a lot of work has been spent on making Helios casual user friendly, but technically absolutely undocumented in regard to the interfaces. So it's up to Gadroc to move it to the open source now when he stops development of Helios, then life would be MUCH EASIER :)

Sure, sure! I have taken your file to make the experiments and modifications. I will post it back when there will be any success.

P.S. Pity that a lot of work has been spent on making Helios casual user friendly, but technically absolutely undocumented in regard to the interfaces. So it's up to Gadroc to move it to the open source now when he stops development of Helios, then life would be MUCH EASIER :)

I wouldn't describe Helios as "casual user friendly". Maybe if just using ready-made profiles that's true but whenever I've attempted to modify or add anything, I've found it extremely hard to understand.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

It's still my intention to open source the code, but I need to clean up a few things. In the mean time if someone wants to write a plug in drop me a PM and I'll send you some sample code.

Looking forward to it Gradoc! I love the way it interacts with DCS:A-10C but I keep wishing I could get some Huey and Mi-8 love in there :-)

Fridge

----------

Things which do you no good in aviation:

1) Altitude above you;

2) Runway behind you;

3) Fuel in the truck;

4) The airspeed you don't have.

I love the Helios software - it is really great, but I was a little frustrated that I could not easily switch from flying the A-10 to the Ka-50. The problem is the Export.lua file, which exports different data for each aircraft.

I decided to have a crack at addressing the problem, and hacked together a combined A-10/Ka-50/FC3 Export.lua file based on Gadroc's individual Export files. It's not the most elegant LUA code in the world, but it seems to work OK. I have attached a copy for anyone who would like to use it.

It currently handles A-10C, Ka-50, and the Flaming Cliffs 3 aircraft. It should be possible to extend it to handle the other high-fidelity aircraft, once I get around to it. If anyone has Export files for other DCS aircraft, I'm happy to take those and merge them into the logic.

I hope this is of use to some of you!

[Note: updated 27/7/2013 to add FC3 support]

[Note: updated 06/01/2014 with FC3 AOA fixed, plus tidier and more comments]

[installation: Drop the Export.lua file into <your user folder>\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts ]

Is anyone using this OK with 1.2.7?

I was trying yesterday and couldn't get the KA-50 Shkval to go anywhere except the upper-left corner of my main monitor. The ABRIS was in the correct position on my second monitor.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

doveman, my Export.lua doesn't have any affect on where displays appear; it only affects the data sent to and from Helios. Shkval and ABRIS are displayed directly by DCS World - Helios is not involved. If your displays are appearing in odd locations, I would look to your MonitorConfig files!

doveman, my Export.lua doesn't have any affect on where displays appear; it only affects the data sent to and from Helios. Shkval and ABRIS are displayed directly by DCS World - Helios is not involved. If your displays are appearing in odd locations, I would look to your MonitorConfig files!

Thanks, I'd tried a number of variants on the export name

LEFT_MFCD =

ED_KA50_SHKVAL =

SHKVAL =

but after reading the files, it seems it's case-sensitive as

ED_KA50_Shkval =

is working now :)

Although after all that, I'm undecided about having the Shvkal on my second monitor in Helios, as I can actually have it bigger, via a snapview, on my main monitor and I have a lot of difficulty spotting things anyway ;)