Release Date?

stormrider

First of all, I would like to say that discovering that someone is developing my favorite fighter aircraft of all times was a great surprise. Knowing that 2 studios are competing to release the best one was even better! ;)

Whoever it may be, I´m putting my money on both projects!

Also, I know that developing a DCS level aircraft is not a short-term project, but it wouldn´t hurt to ask more or less, just an estimate release date. How long do you dev guys think this will take, like 1 maybe 2 years from now til Beta? Any idea, anything helps us fans while we wait!

The pit, 3d models and textures seems to be in a very advanced state by now, so I guess next are FM and Avionics.

Great job guys, keep it up!

Cheers

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

• 7 months later...

Checking back.. any news?

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Watching DCS modules for updates is as eventful as watching Duke Nukem Forever development was back in the day.

Windows 10

Intel Core i5 4670k CPU 3.4 GHz

16GB RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

TrackIR 4

its July! just checking back

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

After the T-2 I think ... don't ask me when the T-2 will be released. But I'm pretty sure T-2 will come first :)

Don't forget about the A-7 and the harrier as well. I don't know what they plan to do after the T-2, but it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine them working their way up in aircraft complexity before attempting the F-15E. Honestly, I want the harrier more than any other planned third party aircraft!

• 10 months later...

Hey guys, some news about this projetc?

Intel i7 7700K | ASUS MAXIMUN IX Hero | GSkill RBG 3000mhz 32G(4x8G) | MSI Trio 1080ti | 1x M.2 SSD Samsung 960PRO 512G | 1 x WesterDigital 4T | Corsair AX-850W | Monitor Alienware 34" aw3418dw | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H80 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite | Trackir 5 + Clip pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Pedal MFG Crosswind

• 1 month later...

I think no one has time to work on it. It sounds like "suspended".

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

F-15E is such a beast! Please don't die on us!

Top Gun - 1987 (Nintendo Entertainment System)

After Burner II - 1987 (Sega Mega Drive)

Air Combat - 1995 (Sony Playstation)

Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies - 2001 (Sony Playstation 2)

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X - 2009 (Xbox 360)

Janes Advanced Strike Fighters - 2011 (PC)

I think no one has time to work on it. It sounds like "suspended".

Read "suspended" as never going to happen.

I'm seriously getting fed up with these Third Party Devs. How damn hard would it be to take 5 minutes to type some type of short update?

I would say a long time I'm thinking 2016. ED still has to implement A/G radar and multi-crew capabilities into the sim. A/G radar should come with the F-18 Hornet which I hope will be launched in 2015. Multi-crew hopefully will be worked out later this year or early 2015 since we're seeing a lot of trainer aircraft on the horizon.

If RAZBAM deliveries a good Mirage-2000 by late 2014/early 2015 I'll be happy. DCS is a tricky beast and RAZBAM is a business they cannot allocate all of their resources to DCS without having some incoming cash-flows

Read "suspended" as never going to happen.

I'm seriously getting fed up with these Third Party Devs. How damn hard would it be to take 5 minutes to type some type of short update?

They don't owe you anything. You have not given them any money, and they're busy with other things. Go do something productive instead of whine on a forum.

• 2 weeks later...
They don't owe you anything. You have not given them any money, and they're busy with other things. Go do something productive instead of whine on a forum.

Guess they dont like money. This is not a way to treat customers and this is exactly what we are. So yes, if they want to make money then they should type something. It only takes 2 minutes after all.

Communication is Key

They owe us, the customers, trust if they ever want to sell us anything (if they against all odds will ever actually finish a DCS module). Saying "guys, were developing 5 modules" and for all intents and purposes not saying a thing until a release is on the table is not a good way of developing a sense of trust in the community. If anything, it comes across more like "don't bother us. We'll pay attention to you when we want your money". It's marketing 101, they do indeed owe us regular communication if they intend to sell us a product down the road. It's not much to ask for.

I would say a long time I'm thinking 2016. ED still has to implement A/G radar and multi-crew capabilities into the sim. A/G radar should come with the F-18 Hornet which I hope will be launched in 2015.
Third parties aren't waiting on ED to develop A/G radars since they have to code their own.

Guess they dont like money. This is not a way to treat customers and this is exactly what we are. So yes, if they want to make money then they should type something. It only takes 2 minutes after all.
Incorrect; until they have a product to sell you are not a customer. I'm sure they like money just fine and their current development plans, read FSX, are providing sufficient funds. From my understanding they are somewhat co-developing for FSX and DCS with a heavier focus on FSX. Our market is not big enough for them to drop everything and develop for DCS.

They owe us, the customers, trust if they ever want to sell us anything (if they against all odds will ever actually finish a DCS module). Saying "guys, were developing 5 modules" and for all intents and purposes not saying a thing until a release is on the table is not a good way of developing a sense of trust in the community. If anything, it comes across more like "don't bother us. We'll pay attention to you when we want your money". It's marketing 101, they do indeed owe us regular communication if they intend to sell us a product down the road. It's not much to ask for.
Again, they don't owe you nor I anything. Would it be nice if they presented the occasional the tidbit - absolutely!

I will say the constant moaning and whining is what causes Devs to become reclusive. Hell look what happened when ED was doing regular Friday updates - the madness from some pathetic forum members caused that to get axed.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT