Release Date?

stormrider

^^No. It's been here for ages with very rare updates on the progress (if any).

It should be either closed or the Razbam folks should finally focus their attention to DCS and not FSX. ED didn't open a suboforum for them for no reason. If that was the case, I'd promise a jar of cookies I'd be working on for the next 3 months if you open a special sub-forum for me.

They get their money from FSX, just be grateful they are expanding into DCS.

• Like 1

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• 8 years later...
3 hours ago, VDV said:

2022 december - confirmed

This is untrue. We would've heard a lot more news and people talking about it if it were true.

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

15 hardpoints is not technically enough.  3 on each wing, one centerline, two for TPODS (we know there is a variety coming so that will be a "hardpoint" in ME), and 8 per CFT (the 6 for bombs and the 2 for missiles are separate but mutually exclusive)

• Like 1

The 15 hardpoints is likely for the upcoming A-1H.  Also given the large amount of CFT hardpoint limitations when it comes to mixing ordnance, I’d say its unlikely we will have a separate loadout box for each hardpoint on the CFT.  Probably will just have one or two loadout boxes for each CFT.  From what some of the SMEs have been saying pretty much the only ordnance mixing allowed on the same CFT is between laser JDAMs and regular JDAMs, since the planes computer doesn’t differentiate between the two.  

CCB904ED-871D-4677-B04C-B5F5FEAA694B.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/17/2022 at 9:15 PM, VDV said:

2022 december - confirmed

Source ?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

It's funny that Heatblur for example, doesn't get the crap spewed towards them like some of the community do towards Razbam. They mention very little about their projects until they are relatively close to EA release.
Maybe Razbam should do the same so some of your feelings aren't hurt when they don't meet your unrealistic expectations.

Edited by Krez
  • Like 3

It will come soon enough. I don’t think it’s close enough to release before end of year. I would rather it come out in decent shape, than buggy. So I’m willing to wait, but if it is ready, I would love to see it this year. I haven’t  seen any prerelease sale, so I don’t think it is ready. Surely there will be a pre purchase on this one.

As iron sights says, it will come soon enough ! 

After many people think (hope) that it will still be released in 2022! and the silence of RAZBAM about this continues to feed this hope! 
Does Razbam think they can still release the module at the end of the year, which explains this silence! do they know that it will not be for 2022 and in this case why not tell us? so we move on and enjoy the end of the year without questioning!

After that it's my point of view, but personally I would rather have an answer now than to arrive at Christmas and still have no news 

Edited by Zboboinator
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well.

To add my 2c, which I am aware 99% people are not going to care.

For the record :

- Im done waiting for the F-15E, when it comes out, it comes out. The fact this post started in 2012 is beyond ridiculous hahahah.
- As ironsights mentioned, I would also prefer a heavily tested and functioning module, rather than half assed or " weathered cockpit " ( shade at HB ) version of the aircraft ( I play in VR and literrally bending my neck down to read the buttons is still " A thing " ).

HOWEVER:

- The F-15E was heavily, HEAVILY featured in the " DCS 2022 " video.. last christmas pretty much. Infact if you count the scenes in the video it is almost 50% of the entire running time of the -> DCS <- 2022 video. Thats a lot of time to be " promoting " a single aircraft under the ED engine in the -> DCS <-video.
- Now, its 3/12/2022, and we have had a few MFD videos on YT, and thats about it. Still no release or pre-release marketing grab.

- Why did ED so heavily promote the F-15E in -> THIS <- years video, if it is not due or planned for release? ( christmas maybe? hurry up and wait ). If it was a RAZBAM release video, then fine who cares, its on RAZBAM for not hitting the project deadline for release.

MY POINT IS:

- It comes out when it comes out, but;
- ED should NOT be promoting 3rd party products -> so heavily <-until there is a set release date ( even if ED know about it 6 months ahead of the customer, as it should be ), as long as its confirmed and dusted 100% going to be released on X date, we shouldnt see it promoted. This is called false advertising.

- ED should absolutely push a release time date WITH the ED licence to 3rd party developers. A super dummed down, basic conversation would be... " We have X jet! ", " ok, whats a realistic time frame? " " Oh, 2-3 years? " " Ok, so make sure you release it by 3 years otherwise we will revoke your 3rd party licence to our product and reliquish any existing models and data under our engine as per our licence agreement ", " Ok great thanks! "
- Its not hard. This is super, SUPER basic project management and licence management. If RAZBAM dont have the coders/designers/programers/engineers/what ever what ever, they should approach ED for assistance and then ED can dock RAZBAM for hours/time spent using ED staff to complete a project from proceedings of sale until ROI has been achieved.

- Doing this also properly -> washes ED's hands <- of any project mis-management by RAZBAM, ensures that potentially ED itself would pick up the pieces of any failed 3rd party developers, and holds faith to ED's current customers to show that they are making an effort to ensure promises by 3rd party developers are made and -> delivered <- in a timely manner that doesnt spawn endless post's such as this thread.

Anyway. Thats my 2c. What RAZBAM has released for us on YT looks great, but again I am not holding my breath. When/if it comes on pre-sale, I will get it for sure. Until then,

Meh.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, M4ND4L0R3 said:

- ED should absolutely push a release time date WITH the ED licence to 3rd party developers. A super dummed down, basic conversation would be... " We have X jet! ", " ok, whats a realistic time frame? " " Oh, 2-3 years? " " Ok, so make sure you release it by 3 years otherwise we will revoke your 3rd party licence to our product and reliquish any existing models and data under our engine as per our licence agreement ", " Ok great thanks! "

- Its not hard. This is super, SUPER basic project management and licence management

ED can't meet that standard with their own projects so I've no idea why you think they should impose that standard on 3rd party developers. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Krez said:

I stopped reading your post when I saw the underlined words, italics, and arrows.

Hahaha, 

Its fine. A lot of people shirk away from a presentation defining key stressed words and points, its hard to read for some people and easier to just stop reading.

So i understand. English is not everyones native language, hell, even some native speakers struggle.

All good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, M4ND4L0R3 said:

Hahaha, 

Its fine. A lot of people shirk away from a presentation defining key stressed words and points, its hard to read for some people and easier to just stop reading.

So i understand. English is not everyones native language, hell, even some native speakers struggle.

All good.

it's more of an incredibly annoying thing than it not being my first language. It looks like a 12 year old wrote it

• Like 4

RSA

images.png