Release Date?

stormrider

On 12/3/2022 at 1:16 PM, M4ND4L0R3 said:

The F-15E was heavily, HEAVILY featured in the " DCS 2022 " video.

You do realise that the video was titled "2022 And Beyond" right? ED made no statement that the F-15E was going to be out in 2022.

- ED should absolutely push a release time date WITH the ED licence to 3rd party developers. A super dummed down, basic conversation would be... " We have X jet! ", " ok, whats a realistic time frame? " " Oh, 2-3 years? " " Ok, so make sure you release it by 3 years otherwise we will revoke your 3rd party licence to our product and reliquish any existing models and data under our engine as per our licence agreement ", " Ok great thanks! "
- Its not hard. This is super, SUPER basic project management and licence management. If RAZBAM dont have the coders/designers/programers/engineers/what ever what ever, they should approach ED for assistance and then ED can dock RAZBAM for hours/time spent using ED staff to complete a project from proceedings of sale until ROI has been achieved.

What makes you assume EDs contracts don't have such stipulations? You have no idea how long RAZBAM have had a contract with ED for the F-15E.

Razbam has been open about the fact that they shelved the F-15E around a decade ago and its only re-started development relatively recently. This forum was reactivated in Dec 2020, after having been hidden in 2014. I would suggest that Razbam haven't been sitting on a contract for the F-15E for a decade or more and that it's much more likely that they signed a contact to make the F-15E around the time or after they re-started work on it.

Edited by Deano87
  • Like 4

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

14 hours ago, M4ND4L0R3 said:

Hahaha, 

Its fine. A lot of people shirk away from a presentation defining key stressed words and points, its hard to read for some people and easier to just stop reading.

So i understand. English is not everyones native language, hell, even some native speakers struggle.

All good.

If you feel the need to add that much emphasis with so much capitalization, italics, bold, underlining and arrows (the arrows and capitalization is especially egregious) it does rather suggest that you needed to put more effort into your actual words and less into firing the emphasis shotgun.

5 hours ago, Krez said:

They have said they shelved it until ED implemented ground radar and other features to DCS. Once that happened, they started working on it again.

Wasn't there also some drama with respect to getting the license from McDonell Douglas?

Edited by Scott-S6
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, M4ND4L0R3 said:

Hahaha, 

Its fine. A lot of people shirk away from a presentation defining key stressed words and points, its hard to read for some people and easier to just stop reading.

The problem arises when too much action in the punctuation makes the text uninviting. Even before a word is read, the writer can lose the clear attention of the reader when the text looks like birdshot hit the page. Not to mention the bird sitting on it. The resulting cacophony on the paper is of little value if in its quest for utmost precision, nobody reads it.

Good writing involves making the text comfortable, friendly, and inviting. Accuracy and intent should fit within, as the structure of the sentence itself should impart the meaning.

Edited by Beirut
  • Like 2

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

5 hours ago, Scott-S6 said:

Wasn't there also some drama with respect to getting the license from McDonell Douglas?

It would have been Boeing. Boeing bought McDonnell Douglas in 1996.

But I haven't heard about that.

5 hours ago, Krez said:

It would have been Boeing. Boeing bought McDonnell Douglas in 1996.

But I haven't heard about that.

McD still very much exists inside Boeing. As is common after a merger while they're one company now people are clear about which part they work in.

I seem to recall that part of the decision to halt the project was that McD wasn't willing to work with them at the time which creates a variety of issues in some geographies for using the name and appearance of the aircraft. It was almost 10 years ago so my memory is a bit hazy on that one.

Edited by Scott-S6

4 hours ago, Scott-S6 said:

McD still very much exists inside Boeing.

Little known fact is that part of the merger was that McDD employess would get conversion of their McDD shares into Boeing shares at a 2/3 ratio (two Boeing shares per 3 McDD shares).  The result is that the McDD board became the majority shareholders of Boeing.  McDD "bought" Boeing and made Boeing pay for it.

1 hour ago, Spurts said:

Little known fact is that part of the merger was that McDD employess would get conversion of their McDD shares into Boeing shares at a 2/3 ratio (two Boeing shares per 3 McDD shares).  The result is that the McDD board became the majority shareholders of Boeing.  McDD "bought" Boeing and made Boeing pay for it.

If you watch the Netflix documentary, that's the part where Boeing started going downhill. *I dont believe that, I just think its hillarious*

• ED Team
On 12/3/2022 at 5:16 AM, M4ND4L0R3 said:

- The F-15E was heavily, HEAVILY featured in the " DCS 2022 " video.. last christmas pretty much. Infact if you count the scenes in the video it is almost 50% of the entire running time of the -> DCS <- 2022 video. Thats a lot of time to be " promoting " a single aircraft under the ED engine in the -> DCS <-video.
- Now, its 3/12/2022, and we have had a few MFD videos on YT, and thats about it. Still no release or pre-release marketing grab.

- Why did ED so heavily promote the F-15E in -> THIS <- years video, if it is not due or planned for release? ( christmas maybe? hurry up and wait ). If it was a RAZBAM release video, then fine who cares, its on RAZBAM for not hitting the project deadline for release.

The video was called 2022 and Beyond, that should answer all your concerns. Thanks. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Well.

To add my 2c, which I am aware 99% people are not going to care.

For the record :

- Im done waiting for the F-15E, when it comes out, it comes out. The fact this post started in 2012 is beyond ridiculous hahahah.
- As ironsights mentioned, I would also prefer a heavily tested and functioning module, rather than half assed or " weathered cockpit " ( shade at HB ) version of the aircraft ( I play in VR and literrally bending my neck down to read the buttons is still " A thing " ).

HOWEVER:

- The F-15E was heavily, HEAVILY featured in the " DCS 2022 " video.. last christmas pretty much. Infact if you count the scenes in the video it is almost 50% of the entire running time of the -> DCS <- 2022 video. Thats a lot of time to be " promoting " a single aircraft under the ED engine in the -> DCS <-video.
- Now, its 3/12/2022, and we have had a few MFD videos on YT, and thats about it. Still no release or pre-release marketing grab.

- Why did ED so heavily promote the F-15E in -> THIS <- years video, if it is not due or planned for release? ( christmas maybe? hurry up and wait ). If it was a RAZBAM release video, then fine who cares, its on RAZBAM for not hitting the project deadline for release.

MY POINT IS:

- It comes out when it comes out, but;
- ED should NOT be promoting 3rd party products -> so heavily <-until there is a set release date ( even if ED know about it 6 months ahead of the customer, as it should be ), as long as its confirmed and dusted 100% going to be released on X date, we shouldnt see it promoted. This is called false advertising.

- ED should absolutely push a release time date WITH the ED licence to 3rd party developers. A super dummed down, basic conversation would be... " We have X jet! ", " ok, whats a realistic time frame? " " Oh, 2-3 years? " " Ok, so make sure you release it by 3 years otherwise we will revoke your 3rd party licence to our product and reliquish any existing models and data under our engine as per our licence agreement ", " Ok great thanks! "
- Its not hard. This is super, SUPER basic project management and licence management. If RAZBAM dont have the coders/designers/programers/engineers/what ever what ever, they should approach ED for assistance and then ED can dock RAZBAM for hours/time spent using ED staff to complete a project from proceedings of sale until ROI has been achieved.

- Doing this also properly -> washes ED's hands <- of any project mis-management by RAZBAM, ensures that potentially ED itself would pick up the pieces of any failed 3rd party developers, and holds faith to ED's current customers to show that they are making an effort to ensure promises by 3rd party developers are made and -> delivered <- in a timely manner that doesnt spawn endless post's such as this thread.

Anyway. Thats my 2c. What RAZBAM has released for us on YT looks great, but again I am not holding my breath. When/if it comes on pre-sale, I will get it for sure. Until then,

Meh.

ED dont adversiting F-15E  on your "2022 and Beyond" video as a "RAZBAM F-15E comming on 2022" as dont adversiting ED Ka-50-3, AH-64D, WW2 Marianas, Mig-29A, HB A-6 or Ugra Media Normandy 2.0 , only "Coming to DCS on a future".... as F-4E and the C-130 module or Afganistan map on poscredits images... RAZBAM has none make any adversiting of a "2022 release", meanwhile Heatblur put a video about a 2022 release of your F-4E, and surely need to delayed to 2023. Surelly on "2023 and Beyond" more coming about....

About F-15E Super "basic project".....Someone has missing the continue pics, interviews, youtuve videos, twiter post, system review, videos by builder creators and more about RAZBAM F-15E on the last years, weeks and days. Recomend check the "Unofficial roadmap" post... when I and others, post all info about ED and 3rd party projets.

ED never put a limit date on any 3rd party about your projects from 10 years ago when ED open DCS to 3rd parties. That is not a "release project run" where someone need build a project on a limited time (remember the problem by ED on the early F-16C release by the comunity rush to "release now")... all ED / 3rd parties projects take your time and release when is done (remember the continuous "where are my F/A-18C, F-16C, Hind, Apache", "I fly that modules when retired" by a someone on the comunity.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

It's 2023 here already...
...mudhen-times, I'd say! 😗

And a HAPPY NEW YEAR to the whole DCS-family! 🥳

Edited by JumpinK
  • Like 5

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

13 hours ago, JumpinK said:

It's 2023 here already...
...mudhen-times, I'd say! 😗

And a HAPPY NEW YEAR to the whole DCS-family! 🥳

I'd even take it without the CFTs if that would make it quicker ...

😂

Vrolijk nieuwjaar voor iedereen 🥳🥂🍻

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

On 12/5/2022 at 8:22 PM, Beirut said:

The problem arises when too much action in the punctuation makes the text uninviting. Even before a word is read, the writer can lose the clear attention of the reader when the text looks like birdshot hit the page. Not to mention the bird sitting on it. The resulting cacophony on the paper is of little value if in its quest for utmost precision, nobody reads it.

Good writing involves making the text comfortable, friendly, and inviting. Accuracy and intent should fit within, as the structure of the sentence itself should impart the meaning.

Dude its an internet forum not creative writing class. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Beirut said:

Evidenced by that atrocious sentence. 😉

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

6 hours ago, Nahen said:

What is the relase date of the DCS Forum Posting Dictionary?

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

lol

From ED newsletter :

We believe that 2023 will be a truly exciting year for all, with the introduction of eagerly awaited modules like the DCS: F-4E by Heatblur, DCS: F-15E by RAZBAM, DCS: OH-58D Kiowa Warrior by Polychop, DCS: F4U-1D Corsair by Magnitude 3, DCS: C-130J by the Airplane Simulation Company, new Mirage F1 versions by Aerges, DCS: Normandy 2.0 map by Ugra Media, the DCS: Sinai Map by OnReTech, and more! Please don’t miss to watch our 2023 AND BEYOND VIDEO!

So somewhere between now and Decembre 31st 2023.

On 12/6/2022 at 3:50 AM, Scott-S6 said:

McD still very much exists inside Boeing. As is common after a merger while they're one company now people are clear about which part they work in.

I seem to recall that part of the decision to halt the project was that McD wasn't willing to work with them at the time which creates a variety of issues in some geographies for using the name and appearance of the aircraft. It was almost 10 years ago so my memory is a bit hazy on that one.

I worked for MAC Air, then came to work on a monday and had my badge replaced with a Boeing one, spent another 10 years in the hornet flight test among other projects. dont remember anyone thinking they work for macair while they had a boeing badge on. This was at NAS PAX while we had hazlerigg and hanger 201 with our products in them

I9-9900k, 32MB, RTX2070S, 2560x1440 165hz monitor, track IR, Grass Monkey wireless Puck, Virpil T50-CM3,  Winwing Superlibra stick with Hornet and Viper grip, Winwing Orion2 with Hornet, and F15E grip, Winwing PTO, home made 2060 mounts,  Virpill ACE interceptor pedals

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2023 at 2:50 AM, Jeb said:

I worked for MAC Air, then came to work on a monday and had my badge replaced with a Boeing one, spent another 10 years in the hornet flight test among other projects. dont remember anyone thinking they work for macair while they had a boeing badge on. This was at NAS PAX while we had hazlerigg and hanger 201 with our products in them

Just wondering Jeb, are you flight crew on the testing team? I know you can't discuss too many details but I'm fascinated by this sort of thing. 

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

• 1 month later...
On 7/19/2014 at 8:36 AM, SilentGun said:

Anybody have any updates, its been a year...

haha imma just resurrect a post i made in 2014 eagerly awaiting the F15E. 

almost 10 years later lol

i also totally forgot that Cortex simulations was a thing claiming they were making the F/A-18E lol

Edited by SilentGun

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)